ImageImageImageImage

The Insane Potential of Mo Bamba

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: The Insane Potential of Mo Bamba 

Post#161 » by SD2042 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 1:29 am

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully Bamba does well in summer league. He seems like a philosophical big man like Shaq or Russell.

Agree. He has a lot to live up to seeing the other bigs, JJJ and Bagley showed their stuff already.

Looking like Daddy Long Legs in the pic.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,278

Post#162 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 7:21 am

basketballRob wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully Bamba does well in summer league. He seems like a philosophical big man like Shaq or Russell.

:eek1: :jawdrop:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#163 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jul 5, 2018 1:01 pm

Ignore if posted already but damn. Its like watching shaq moving someone.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#164 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Jul 5, 2018 1:26 pm

RookieStar wrote:^^^ Exactly. Besides, what if we find our future PG in the trade market? No need to draft a rookie PG.

Two problems with that.

1. A team having said future PG and be willing to trade him.

2. Said team wanting any assets on our team.

For a bad team in a small market with few assets, the draft is the best way to acquire talent.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#165 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 1:28 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Read on Twitter

:eek1: :jawdrop:

Maaaaaannnnnn tomorrow can't come soon enough!!!
https://www.nba.com/magic/news/strong-bond-already-forming-between-isaac-and-bamba-20180704
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#166 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Jul 5, 2018 1:49 pm

double post
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#167 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Jul 5, 2018 1:50 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Mo in 8th grade dunking:
Video: http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/04/mo-bamba-8th-grade-dunk-video/?adid=sinow
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,373

Post#168 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:55 pm

I think we saw tonight exactly what we can expect from Bamba this year. Once he gets in game shape and more comfortable with the game defensively he is going to have even more of an impact this year. He will be effective as a stretch 5 and PnR screener from day 1 though.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,338

Post#169 » by Knightro » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:50 pm

One thing I liked from Bamba yesterday that I really didn’t like from him at Texas was his force as a screener.

I thought he set weak screens at Texas, barely making contact a lot of the time.

He was stepping into some really good screens and creating a lot of space for Briscoe and Caupain yesterday.

Generally speaking the more forceful Bamba plays, with screens being a big part of that, the better off he’ll be.

Encouraging sign.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#170 » by NotACat » Sat Jul 7, 2018 2:49 pm

Knightro wrote:One thing I liked from Bamba yesterday that I really didn’t like from him at Texas was his force as a screener.

I thought he set weak screens at Texas, barely making contact a lot of the time.

He was stepping into some really good screens and creating a lot of space for Briscoe and Caupain yesterday.

Generally speaking the more forceful Bamba plays, with screens being a big part of that, the better off he’ll be.

Encouraging sign.

He's going to be SO much better once he puts on some more weight as well
Black Lives Matter
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#171 » by zaymon » Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:20 pm

Bamba has a long way to go, Howard was such a freak. If he can be 70% of Dwight pure force + 3 point shoot he will be amazing.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#172 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Jul 9, 2018 3:48 pm

zaymon wrote:
Bamba has a long way to go, Howard was such a freak. If he can be 70% of Dwight pure force + 3 point shoot he will be amazing.

All the NBA footage there is taken directly from my old Howard mix I made. That's actually all second year footage, not rookie. But yes, people forget just how good Dwight was.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#173 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Jul 9, 2018 4:27 pm

zaymon wrote:

Watching those clips makes me think that Howard peaked at 20 years old. He used to be super agile! I stopped watching the Magic between 2005-2008 so I didn't really get to see him his first two years. Super interesting. By 2009 he had traded in his agility for strength and definitely lost his quickness.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#174 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Jul 9, 2018 4:40 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Watching those clips makes me think that Howard peaked at 20 years old. He used to be super agile! I stopped watching the Magic between 2005-2008 so I didn't really get to see him his first two years. Super interesting. By 2009 he had traded in his agility for strength and definitely lost his quickness.

Honestly I still think all of his athleticism was still there until the back injury. If there was a difference I don't think it was huge.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#175 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Jul 9, 2018 4:44 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Honestly I still think all of his athleticism was still there until the back injury. If there was a difference I don't think it was huge.

Yeah, maybe it was just the competition in high school that made him look way different. It seems that when I started watching him in 2008 he was still faster than all the other centers but he wasn't THAT fast.

Anyway - Bamba looks great. Way better than I thought he would be, tbh. His style adds to winning basketball way more than Vuc's does in today's NBA. Looks like a great #6 pick.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,373

Post#176 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Jul 9, 2018 4:46 pm

zaymon wrote:

That video just shows you how important Meer was for Dwight's development. Dwight wasn't featured in the offense early on in Orlando and Bamba obviously won't be either.

Read on Twitter

I just wish we had a playmaking guard that could find Bamba for easy looks like Meer did for Dwight. That's one of the reasons I wanted to sign IT. Maybe Grant can be that for us off the bench. He is known for too much dribbling just like Augustine is though. Hopefully, he is more pass first at least.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#177 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:02 pm

NotACat wrote:
Knightro wrote:One thing I liked from Bamba yesterday that I really didn’t like from him at Texas was his force as a screener.

Encouraging sign.

Oh my gosh yes. Just look what a year of NBA physical development has done for Isaac. Give both of these guys a couple years to focus on their game and their body and watch out.
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#178 » by the_hobo » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:05 pm

Hire AN44 to coach him in the post
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#179 » by OrlandoNed » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:12 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
NotACat wrote:

Encouraging sign.

Oh my gosh yes. Just look what a year of NBA physical development has done for Isaac. Give both of these guys a couple years to focus on their game and their body and watch out.

Isaac and Bamba really need to keep putting on more muscle in their lower body. Those pairs of toothpicks coming out of their shoes aren't gonna cut it. They both use their arms to great effect to swat shots, but with some more meat on their legs they will be more complete defenders being able to hold their ground and bang around in the paint.
Instincts
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#180 » by Instincts » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:20 pm

Encouraging sign.

May have been better than Texas, but I didn't see many solid NBA screens from Bamba in the first two games. He seems to be dancing around, instead settling and setting a solid screen. Not sure why he avoids contact like that, plenty of time to change that mentality though. Clifford should straighten that out fairly quickly.

Return to Orlando Magic