ImageImageImageImage

The Insane Potential of Mo Bamba

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Instincts
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Re: The Insane Potential of Mo Bamba 

Post#221 » by Instincts » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:12 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Ignore if posted already but damn. Its like watching shaq moving someone.

Not even close - Shaq just stepped through people. Embiid is impressive but nowhere near the shear mass and power of Shaq.

He sure looks like the Shaq of this league.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#222 » by NavalAviator94 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 5:08 pm

I read an interesting article on Cleaning The Glass regarding Bamba. The take away was that he is very rough around the edges however, the coaches(Summer League) reviewed game tape with him and he corrected himself game by game which is a positive data point that he's not only smart but he's able to make changes. Not every smart player coming in is able to do that so they point to and use the verbiage positive "data point" as something to be positive about but let's see how he does during the season as he has a long, long way to go. That sounds like a pretty reasonable take.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#223 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Aug 7, 2018 8:23 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:I read an interesting article on Cleaning The Glass regarding Bamba. The take away was that he is very rough around the edges however, the coaches(Summer League) reviewed game tape with him and he corrected himself game by game which is a positive data point that he's not only smart but he's able to make changes. Not every smart player coming in is able to do that so they point to and use the verbiage positive "data point" as something to be positive about but let's see how he does during the season as he has a long, long way to go. That sounds like a pretty reasonable take.
i agree. I think he averages about the same pts/ rbs on similar fg% as Bismack with better ft% blks and overall defense. I can see the 22 minutes vacated by biz split between Birch/Bamba at first. He'll gradually get more minutes as the season moves on.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#224 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:19 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:I read an interesting article on Cleaning The Glass regarding Bamba. The take away was that he is very rough around the edges however, the coaches(Summer League) reviewed game tape with him and he corrected himself game by game which is a positive data point that he's not only smart but he's able to make changes. Not every smart player coming in is able to do that so they point to and use the verbiage positive "data point" as something to be positive about but let's see how he does during the season as he has a long, long way to go. That sounds like a pretty reasonable take.

If someone isn't already uber talented and knowledgeable.... this is the next best thing! happy to see this about him!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#225 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:40 pm

I definitely think Bamba starts and averages 30 mpg this season.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#226 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:37 pm

basketballRob wrote:I definitely think Bamba starts and averages 30 mpg this season.

You’re setting yourself up for a big disappointment bro. I find it highly unlikely that he crosses the 25 mpg mark this season and even more unlikely that he would start.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#227 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:51 pm

basketballRob wrote:I definitely think Bamba starts and averages 30 mpg this season.

I love vooch and what he has brought to the city.... one of the few that probably does. But i fully expect him to be traded for a pg.... or another asset by the trade deadline, depending on Bamba's growth. Expiring contract that can contribute to an established team. That would clear the path for the "Notorious B.I.G." lineup. We'll see what happens!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#228 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:51 pm

+ AG wins MVP.
Instincts
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#229 » by Instincts » Wed Aug 8, 2018 2:47 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:

+ AG wins MVP.

Nope, MIP
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#230 » by T-Cat » Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:17 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

I love vooch and what he has brought to the city.... one of the few that probably does. But i fully expect him to be traded for a pg.... or another asset by the trade deadline, depending on Bamba's growth. Expiring contract that can contribute to an established team. That would clear the path for the "Notorious B.I.G." lineup. We'll see what happens!

I can't imagine why Bamba and Isaac won't start for us considering, that's what fans will want to see when they play in New Mexico City on ESPN! I think this team needs to set the tone defensively out the gates, it will bring in more fans to watch us play! :D
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#231 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:49 pm

T-Cat wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

I can't imagine why Bamba and Isaac won't start for us considering, that's what fans will want to see when they play in New Mexico City on ESPN! I think this team needs to set the tone defensively out the gates, it will bring in more fans to watch us play! :D

I think this organization and especially this new management team have made it pretty obvious that they don’t give two rips about what the fans want to see. They’ve got their plan in place and are going to do what they think is right for the development of Isaac and Bamba. I really don’t see a scenario based of what they’ve shown us so far where bamba starts at all this season.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#232 » by Skin » Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:52 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:I love vooch and what he has brought to the city.... one of the few that probably does. But i fully expect him to be traded for a pg.... or another asset by the trade deadline, depending on Bamba's growth. Expiring contract that can contribute to an established team. That would clear the path for the "Notorious B.I.G." lineup. We'll see what happens!

I think this organization and especially this new management team have made it pretty obvious that they don’t give two rips about what the fans want to see. They’ve got their plan in place and are going to do what they think is right for the development of Isaac and Bamba. I really don’t see a scenario based of what they’ve shown us so far where bamba starts at all this season.

It's not going to boil down to what the fans want. It's going to boil down to whether Bamba provides an impact that will help us win more than Vuc does. Bamba is going to get playing time. It's how he performs during that time that will determine his minutes. Clifford touts himself as a Teacher, so hopefully he doesn't get confused that the only thing a struggling young player should do is ride the bench. Bamba should be coached into focusing in areas where he can succeed and then grow his game from there.. meanwhile not having to be yanked at first mistake.

If last year was an "Evaluation Year"... this year should be a "Developmental Year" focused on AG, Isaac and Bamba. Everything else is side noise.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#233 » by zaymon » Wed Aug 8, 2018 8:02 pm

Skin wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
T-Cat wrote:

It's not going to boil down to what the fans want. It's going to boil down to whether Bamba provides an impact that will help us win more than Vuc does. Bamba is going to get playing time. It's how he performs during that time that will determine his minutes. Clifford touts himself as a Teacher, so hopefully he doesn't get confused that the only thing a struggling young player should do is ride the bench. Bamba should be coached into focusing in areas where he can succeed and then grow his game from there.. meanwhile not having to be yanked at first mistake.

If last year was an "Evaluation Year"... this year should be a "Developmental Year" focused on AG, Isaac and Bamba. Everything else is side noise.

I think what Clifford wants to see from his young players is improvement from game to game. If they show they are focused and willing to learn they will play if not i have no problem benching them until they show necessary focus and will to improve.
Hezonja for example was worse with each game his first two seasons, i had no problem with Skiles and even Vogel benching him. In the end he did improved which shows this approach was right
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,655

Post#234 » by Howard Mass » Thu Aug 9, 2018 6:03 am

Bamba should be starting no later than midseason.

It probably will be after Vucevic is moved.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#235 » by Skybox » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:57 am

I could see a scenario where Bamba AND Isaac begin the season on second team, playing together a lot, and when they're too good defensively to deny, they both move into starting unit together. I wouldn't be unhappy at all to see them both start day 1-but I don't expect it. I'd like to see AG and Isaac both getting time, right from the start, at the 3, for the inevitable meshing to go more smoothly.
I've seen some mention Vuc as a mentor for Isaac, I hope he'll accept that but there's no reason to think he will- he's young and he's good, why should he not fight for his role on the team (and his place in the league)? I don't dislike Vuc, but Bamba is inevitably the starter.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#236 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:53 pm

I needed to kill some time and I found a pre-draft interview with a former player (who played all over the world) and the two guys he mentioned as having superstar potential were Trae Young and Mo Bamba, in that order.

Before you get all excited, he also said that Doncic was questionable in the lottery!

His name is Rashad Phillips. Check the interview with Chris Broussard here

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:04 pm

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#238 » by fendilim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:30 pm

No one plays NBA Live, this is a red flag. :)
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#239 » by OrlandoNed » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:39 pm

fendilim wrote:

No one plays NBA Live, this is a red flag. :)

You think that's a red flag? Doncic admitted to being a Genji/Hanzo main. He should of gone undrafted because of that.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#240 » by drsd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Instincts wrote:Not even close - Shaq just stepped through people. Embiid is impressive but nowhere near the shear mass and power of Shaq.

He sure looks like the Shaq of this league.

I think we are starting to see the pendulum swing back from the importance of guard play to recapturing the brute capacity of a Center.

Given that 40% of all true-7'-foot Americans will play in the NBA, "one cannot teach height" is a cliche that is founding in observation.

Now the Magic has this guy:

Return to Orlando Magic