ImageImageImageImage

2019 Draft- Hot wings edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

2019 Draft- Hot wings edition 

Post#1 » by zaymon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Many wonder why Weltman didnt aquire better pg. Some wonder why he didnt want to include next years draft pick in a trade for Doncic.
Scouts say 2019 is a weak draft i think its not.
Barret is viewed as a better prospect than Wiggins, Williamson is viewed as a better prospect than AG, there are unique prospects like Reddish, Little. Langford and Grimes could explode into elite creators. King, Johnson and Doumbouya have all the tools. Bol bol, Reid and Porter are skilled modern center prospects.
I dont know if we can make it to the lottery but 2019 draft has players tailor made for us.
NBA is starved for wings and shot creators which this draft has many. We even have some pg prospects in sight with Jones and Garland.
I know everything will change but potentially there are around 15 starter level prospects right now. Maybe weak draft label is there to fool some gms? If we end up with Langford or Grimes i am excited about our future.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
vip3r
Ballboy
And1: 36

Re: 2019 Draft- Hot wings edition 

Post#2 » by vip3r » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

I am sure Weham already has his eyes set on Bol Bol. :P
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#3 » by The Effect » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:22 pm

wiggins was considered a lebron level talent, no way is barrett a better prospect coming out
Zion is considered good, but theres alot of questions of how he will translate to the college game (and even more questions about the NBA). To me Zion is another Miles Bridges. Super athletic 6'7 bully with no real position or game that translates well to the league

If we get a top 10 pick, reddish, langford and little would be nice, but i dont see that happening

I personally hoping we can get Garland or Grady, and as of now, i dont think we need a top 10 for either of them
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#4 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Hopefully we find a wing with amazing handles. Look at Mitchell last season, SGA and Doncic this season, what do they have in common? Great handles. Everyone seems to think our greatest need is shooting, I think our greatest need a ball handling playmaker.
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by zaymon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:49 pm

basketballRob wrote:Hopefully we find a wing with amazing handles. Look at Mitchell last season, SGA and Doncic this season, what do they have in common? Great handles. Everyone seems to think our greatest need is shooting, I think our greatest need a ball handling playmaker.

Yeah we need someone to create offense, Payton could work if he didnt suck on defense. This draft is full of potential creators
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#6 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 pm

zaymon wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Hopefully we find a wing with amazing handles. Look at Mitchell last season, SGA and Doncic this season, what do they have in common? Great handles. Everyone seems to think our greatest need is shooting, I think our greatest need a ball handling playmaker.

Yeah we need someone to create offense, Payton could work if he didnt suck on defense. This draft is full of potential creators

Payton... Gary Payton??
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by zaymon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Payton... Gary Payton??

His Uncle, Drew
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#8 » by spinedoc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 pm

I like your enthusiasm zaymon, hope your right. We all need to do some scouting on these guys, but its early.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#9 » by KillMonger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 pm

a biiiiit early here
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#10 » by fendilim » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:13 am

Wiggins was a product of youtube mixtapes.

I’d stay away from Zion. He is a man amongst boys out there, difficult to hudge when he plays against men his size.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#11 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:23 am

From what I've seen of Zion, I don't think there is anybody in the NBA that has his combination of size and athleticism other than LeBron (not saying he's anywhere near the player LeBron is).
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#12 » by drsd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:16 am

The 2019 draft seems total devoid of PGs.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,284

Post#13 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 am

Zion Wiliamson?
Image]
Where to even start?
In 2016 when he was first measured, he was 6'6 -230

2 years from that day, he gained 0 inches and added 40 pounds of anything but muscles, he even was 280 at some point but now he is on diet, according to internet :lol:

“Draymond Green is a guy that comes up,” Givony said. “He’s a similar height. Draymond is a lot longer than Zion, which helps a lot. But you wonder if he can play that kind of role.

“Draymond at that age was really overweight. He was not shooting jumpers at all. He really wasn’t shooting jumpers until his senior year of college. But if you surround him with the right guys and put him in the right system, he does so many other things. He’s not exactly a Draymond, but he can be that kind of guy where he plays a unique role in the NBA as a four or five.”

But even when you move from his questionable desire to not eat like he is garbage can you get player that has Shaq level shooting skills with nothing else actually developed but his crazy athletics despite being fat.

And that's pretty much only appeal about Zion. He is 6'6 fat center who can for whatever reason jump like prime Wilkins. What others basketball skills he has? Passing? no, Shooting? no. Defene? No. Rebounding? Maybe?

Since he didn't grow for 2 years he is what he is , in shoes bearly 6'7 center who shoots 38% FT at highschool, has no jumpshot and will only feed off open line dunks.

In Mcdonalds all america game ( 131-128 ,highest score ever recorded ) he contributed with 8 points and 5 rebounds, 0 assists and 0 blocks, same game where RJ Barret ,Nassi Little and Jordan Brown looked like gods.

But he is really good at dunking on 5'5 whiteboys in HS who weight 120 pounds
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by zaymon » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 am

I am not concentrating on Zion becouse he didnt fit here. Not long enough, not skilled enough. I was only aknowledging his hype which should help us getting player we want.
Anybody who is deeper into college basketball than me can tell me why Langford and Grimes arent getting that much media attention?
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#15 » by MMFla » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm

RJ Barrett I've seen and liked for a few years now, right now hes the only one I'd want.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#16 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm

The Effect wrote:wiggins was considered a lebron level talent, no way is barrett a better prospect coming out
Zion is considered good, but theres alot of questions of how he will translate to the college game (and even more questions about the NBA). To me Zion is another Miles Bridges. Super athletic 6'7 bully with no real position or game that translates well to the league

If we get a top 10 pick, reddish, langford and little would be nice, but i dont see that happening

I personally hoping we can get Garland or Grady, and as of now, i dont think we need a top 10 for either of them

And as we have seen Wiggins is nowhere near Lebron.

You are underselling both Barrett and Zion, both are top 5 HS recruits. Barrett compares to Grant Hill and Zion to Larry Johnson.

Don't know who Grady is. Can't find anyone with that last or first name in the top 100 HS recruits list. You'd rather have the 15th rated recruit in Garland over either top 5 recruits?? Garland compares to Rafer Alston.
DjPuffnStuff
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#17 » by DjPuffnStuff » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Solid Snake wrote:a biiiiit early here

Honestly I'm a bit surprised Patrick or Ralphie didn't start this thread a day after the draft.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#18 » by The Effect » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
The Effect wrote:wiggins was considered a lebron level talent, no way is barrett a better prospect coming out

And as we have seen Wiggins is nowhere near Lebron.

You are underselling both Barrett and Zion, both are top 5 HS recruits. Barrett compares to Grant Hill and Zion to Larry Johnson.

Don't know who Grady is. Can't find anyone with that last or first name in the top 100 HS recruits list. You'd rather have the 15th rated recruit in Garland over either top 5 recruits?? Garland compares to Rafer Alston.

Grady is not in high school, hes going into his sophomore year at davidson
And i dont generally care about high school recruit rankings that much. Trae young was the #23 recruit according to espn, and Trevon Duval was #6.
2 years ago Henry Giles was the #1 recruit in the country, Adebayo was top 5, and frank jackson was top 10, while isaac was #12

Like i said, i dont see the hype of Zion. Hes an exciting player, but when you look at his size to go with his skill set, he doesnt have a position in the NBA. He has the skill set of a PF and the size of a big SG. def see much more miles bridges than i see larry johnson.

Im not saying barrett isnt good or that i wouldnt want him, but i am saying that as of 7/18/18, hes nowhere near as highly rated as Andrew Wiggins was on 7/18/13 (before he started his freshman year). Some of the hype around wiggins died down during the season, but before the season started, no one was as hype as wiggins since lebron
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#19 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 am

The Magic already have their bigs.

It's likely they will take a swing man or a point guard in 2019.

It's never too early to talk Draft.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by zaymon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 am

Howard Mass wrote:The Magic already have their bigs.

It's likely they will take a swing man or a point guard in 2019.

It's never too early to talk Draft.

I am not so enthusiastic about our season (maybe a good sign) so i need to channel my orlando feelings elsewhere ;) I think we really need a wing creator. Maybe next draft is weak or maybe not but skillset wise its ideal for us. I think Weltman positioned us well going into last (hopefully) lottery pick

Return to Orlando Magic