ImageImageImageImage

Poll: what will it take for the Magic to make this year's playoffs?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

What needs to occur for the Magic to make the playoffs this year?

Vučević needs to continue being Orlando's best offensive and defensive player
10%
Fournier needs to settle in to the SG slot uping his stat line by 10%
6%
Gordon needs an all-star year
18%
Isaac needs to start
10%
B.I.G. need to be dominant as a trio
13%
The team needs to be healthy (no player with more than 10 games missed)
19%
Ross needs to emerge as a scoring punch off of the bench
4%
Grant or Briscoe needs to supplant Augustin as the starter by surprisingly excellent play
5%
Simmons and Martin need to become excellent rotational players
1%
A key trade needs to be made in-season
13%

Total votes: 126

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Re: Poll: what will it take for the Magic to make this year's playoffs? 

Post#61 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:57 am

drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Playoff bound on East

Boston
Toronto
Philly
Pacers
Bucks
Wizards

So in mix of Cavs, Pistons, Magic,Knicks,Heat, Nets,Hornets and Bulls Magic have to be find their way into top 8.
I leave Hawks out of this, they are bound for 12 wins.

So eight teams to fight out the final two playoff slots: I essentially agree.

OPP has Orlando as the #8 seed!
Orlando Magic - Could it be a pipe dream? Of course! But there’s no reason to take bets on the Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavaliers or Charlotte Hornets, either. The Magic have three lottery picks in prime position to pay off in Gordon, Isaac, and Bamba as well as the offensive potential of veterans Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevic. Terrence Ross should bounce back on the wing, and Jonathon Simmons will return to the sixth man role that saw him play with great success in his limited time there last season.

OPP link

We weren't that far off 8-)
Wizards suffered horrific injury of Wall (so did Pacers but they survived) , 5 of 6 turned to be playoff bound.
Hawks weren't 12 wins team but, 29 , Cavs had zero intention to do anything ( opposite of my expetations, mostly beause Love was hurt all the time ).

TRoss and Vuc just had amazing years , nobody else didn't do anything really amazing , but it was enough. Playoooooooooooooffs :rockon:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#62 » by zaymon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:32 am

Well i hit all my predictions this year. Vucevic being the best player, us being healthy, Isaac being good enough to move Ross to the bench, Gordon starting to play winning basketball, Fournier settling as a sg. Glad it all come true.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#63 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:09 am

zaymon wrote:Well i hit all my predictions this year. Vucevic being the best player, us being healthy, Isaac being good enough to move Ross to the bench, Gordon starting to play winning basketball, Fournier settling as a sg. Glad it all come true.

Isaac didn't really move Ross to bench, as Ross was still finishing all the games, it's just smarter to start Ross off bench , a- la Ginobili to give anemic bench boost late in first Q, on start of second Q and during end of 3rd Q.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#64 » by drsd » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:53 pm

HeartAndHustle wrote:Looking back, check that last option...’make a key mid-season trade’. You guys remember what sparked our turonaround?? Go check our record directly AFTER the trade deadline. Once that was done and we didn’t trade any key players, it was like a switch flipped

The Fultz trade led to something like a 5 or 6 game winning streak and was the start of the Magic digging out of the hole.

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#65 » by zaymon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:10 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Well i hit all my predictions this year. Vucevic being the best player, us being healthy, Isaac being good enough to move Ross to the bench, Gordon starting to play winning basketball, Fournier settling as a sg. Glad it all come true.

Isaac didn't really move Ross to bench, as Ross was still finishing all the games, it's just smarter to start Ross off bench , a- la Ginobili to give anemic bench boost late in first Q, on start of second Q and during end of 3rd Q.

Yeah but if Isaac sucked someone would have to play those minutes. Ross is a true bench spark plug, Toronto knew it, just Vogel didnt.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic