Our Magic RealGM Fantasy League has finished it's 2018-2019 season!
And it was quite an interesting one at that! Thank you to everyone who participated in the lengthy forum draft and in the year-long fantasy season.
Bragging rights incoming with the final standings below..
And as usual, your final standing will become your new draft position for next season as well! Early scouting?
This season, our league saw a whopping 10 out of 12 GM's make 19 or more transactional moves! Of course, these were mostly free agent acquisitions and waiver wire pick-ups (as usual), but it was an increase from last season! Five GM's also went above and beyond with 30+ transactional moves this season as well.
The most notable free agent acquisition was Fendilim landing Marvin Bagley in a winning waiver bid among 4 teams involved!
For some of us, a lot of the fun and the intrigue is on one single event though, the draft. This is where all of our hopes and dreams and analysis lie on.. the chance to take the players who we predict will have a big season and help make a strong playoffs team. Who is the savviest GM? On draft day, quite a few trades were made which was really awesome to see. Picks that were traded ended up being players like Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Rudy Gobert, Kemba Walker, and numerous other stars.
The most notable draft-day trades were U.R.Average trading for De'Aaron Fox near the 100th pick of the draft, a player who gave back like top 50 value..
.. and Magicfan4life landing Rudy Gobert in a draft day trade for the #22 pick, a player who gave back like top 15 value!
Three in-season trades were made too! These involved 5 of the 12 GM's in the league and included players like Damian Lillard, Anthony Davis, Khris Middleton, DeMarcus Cousins, Steven Adams, and Brandon Ingram being traded for!
Our league saw unprecedented parity this season as well. Not one single team was able to finish with a win percentage above 60%! And about 10 of the 12 teams were holding either a 40's-something win % or a 50's-something win % for most of the season.
Perhaps that means every GM was too competitive and savvy to let themselves fall in the standings! In fact, towards the end of the season, six teams were intensely fighting for the final four playoffs spots and higher standing finishes.. eerily similar to our Orlando Magic in real life..
In the Playoffs;
There were eight teams standing in the beginning, and numerous close victories throughout.
In the first round, there were no lower seed upsets except for me (#7 seed) scratching into round 2.
In the second round, Magicfan4life and HoraceGrant finished at an unbelievable 4-4 TIE! First, their Turnovers ended up tied at exactly 91-91.. then their FG% was ALSO TIED at .481 FG%! This meant digging deep into the fourth decimal point number for the winner. The 4-4 result was then ultimately broken by the tiebreaker rule invoked, which was the head-to-head record between the two in the regular season. Finally, the victor standing was Magicfan4life!
In the championship, it was me versus Magicfan4life. And I won just barely, grabbing back-to-back titles!
Last year, it was also me versus Magicfan4life too.
How close is the rivalry?.. I won the championship this year with tiny differences of 9 assists, 4 blocks, and 2 turnovers..
Finally, what was the best thing about our season this year? Well, for me, I would have to say the fact that the champion came from the lowly #7 seed, which is exactly where our Orlando Magic will finish this year.. As a #7 seed that's gonna go far into the playoffs..
Your Final Standings (Post-Playoffs):
*1. EA7 Milan
*3. Horace Grant
*5. Not Ur Average
*6. Your Mom!
*8. Brian R's Boss Team
12. BadMofoPimp's Team
Yahoo! Fantasy League Season IS not live!
EXCITING NEW CHANGES!
1) Due to the NBA League having more teams in the NBA Playoffs than not, and due to Consolation Playoff teams sometimes outperforming Championship Playoff teams.. our 6 team Playoffs will now increase to 8 teams!!
2) This year, there will be A New Prize at the very end! And A Leaguers can contribute to it if they want!
If no one contributes to the Prize, I will be offering a $15 PayPal Prize (or something similar like an Amazon gift, a gift package, etc.) to the 1st place Champion!
If there are further contributions to the Total Prize from you guys, the Prize will be split 70/30 between the Highest Placed Team and 2nd Highest Placed Team after the Playoffs, and only among those who contributed to it!
Or you can customize how your contribution is divied up (for everyone, or for top 3 finishers, or for etc.)!
Please confirm in this thread if you are willing to throw in $15 (or something similar) towards the A League prize, but seriously, no worries if you don't want to! It's all for fun and camaraderie!
3) This year, our initial Waiver Wire Order will be determined by the number of 'Draft Pick Posts' made that included at least one picture or video! If there are tie-breakers, then it will come down to equal-chance dice rolls or randomization.
Welcome to the Official Magic RealGM A League Discussion Thread for the 2018-19 season!
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???
(Hat tip to Skin for the awesome design above!)
(Hat tip to OrlandoPinstripedPost.com for the awesome design above!)
(Buy this T-Shirt! Link right below)
2017-2018 Season Recap:
First off, a Big Congratulations to the Top Finishers from last season's Playoffs!
1st Place Gold Trophy - EA7 Milan/dsg
2nd Place Silver Trophy - magicfan4life05
3rd Place Bronze Trophy - Your Mom!/Edrock
- Besides the wild roller-coaster ride of the Fantasy Playoffs, at least 10 of the 14 teams in the A League made 15+ transactions throughout the season (mostly Waiver Wire and Free Agent moves), and there was a few big trades as well.
- A lot more trades occurred last season that one might think. Star Players like Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, and Jimmy Butler were traded for, but if you want your hand on a player like this, you'll have to keep in mind that most of the league's trades occurred during the draft. Plenty of late round picks were traded during the draft as well, for those of you Managers who think you can catch that next 13th round Steal who plays like a 4th Rounder!!
- A few in-season trades did occur, however. Most notably, Blake Griffin was traded both in the real NBA League and in our RealGM A League this past season.
- The Magic's continued bottom-dwelling in real life has definitely dampened the enthusiasm a bit for our board's Fantasy Leagues, however.
- Will this be a different season though? Will the Magic B.I.G. and some key Vets (Fournier, Vooch, Simmons, etc.) make for a super exciting season this time around, powering Orlando into the Playoffs?!
- Last season, three Orlando Magic players - Evan Fournier, Nikola Vucevic, and Aaron Gordon - held Top 12 Fantasy Rankings in the Entire League through the first 5-8 games of the NBA season. That's about 7 games of the three Magic players outperforming the likes of Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jimmy Butler, Karl Anthony-Towns, and many more. WOW!..
2018-2019 B League-to-A League Promotions:
The competition in this league is the toughest that the RealGM Magic Board has to offer every year. Failure to finish in the top 12 will result in losing a spot and a demotion to the B League (when active) as the top 2 finishers of the B League will receive invitations to join the A League. Luckily, there was no B League in 2017-2018, so no one will be demoted this season!
The draft will be held on the forums in classic tradition. The draft order will be snake style and allow for trading. The order is determined by the final standings after last season's Playoffs. If you PM me your mobile number, then I will try my best to text you when you are OTC. I will also try my best to make picks for you based on your go-aheads from texts & emails. Highly recommend sending me one. It won't be abused. Great means of talking trades and rumors too!
2018-2019 Draft Order, Contact Info, & Check-In:
1. EA7 Milan/dsg - dsg8783 at Gmail / WhatsApp is +852 9329 63-Oh-Seven - CHECKED IN
2. Magicfan4life05 - crazywhite111 at Yahoo - CHECKED IN
3. Your Mom!/Edrock - Edrock624 at Gmail - CHECKED IN
4. Blue_and_whte - blue_and_whte at Yahoo - CHECKED IN
5. Sons of Disaster/Stick - brianroberts2526 at Yahoo - CHECKED IN
6. Horace Grant - KevinWaldbieser at Yahoo - CHECKED IN
7. U.R.Average - Jtalexander at Gmail - CHECKED IN
8. ChaosBreed/BadMofoPimp - ricmortis at Yahoo - CHECKED IN
9. BAMBA5/SHAQ32 - prolifc.scorer at Yahoo - CHECKED IN
10. TBbucmagicORL - slimsammy55 at Msn.com - CHECKED IN
11. Fendilim - fendilim at Gmail - CHECKED IN
12. Hoopslife - allensb @ gmail.com - CHECKED IN
2018-2019 Links and League Rules:
2018-2019 Draft Thread:
2018-2019 League Rules (Including Scoring Format & Roster Positions):
(*Only Changes for 2018-2019: Playoffs expand from 6 teams to 8 teams now, roster adds/changes switch from daily-tomorrow to daily-today, and trade reviews last 3 days instead of 2.)
(Must login to Yahoo! email account to view League Rules)
(If trouble viewing the League Rules, contact me for them)
2017-18 Discussion Thread:
2017-18 Draft Thread:
2016-17 Discussion Thread:
2015-16 Draft Thread:
2015-16 Discussion Thread:
2014-15 Draft Thread: