ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA: 2018/2019 edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Re: Around the NBA: 2018/2019 edition 

Post#961 » by Furinkazan » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:20 pm

I expect DSJ avg 20+ and 6-7 as on the Knicks for the rest of the year.
Dude will be an all star in 2 years.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#962 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:27 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:

QQ

He is ballin.Exactly what we needed :(

I wonder which side turned down the Bamba for DSJ deal

I think Dallas turned it down and asked for AG.

AG for DSJ and Matthews expiring imo was on the table.
but
It seems they wanted to ged rid of Barnes contract wich would be fine with me also.
I think Barnes and DSJ for AG and filler was also possible but our GMs like this team as trade deadline proved...and team basicly stayed intact.I dont count Fultz cause for all I know he may never play again or at least this season isnt propable.
Also even If we made DSJ deal Fultz one was also doable unless they are alergic to too much talent on one team.
That would take off even more pressure from Fultz.
I know people here love AG.I also do But Imo this team should belong to young core of Isaac and Bamba and DSJ would fit that core perfectly.

Now knowing how things turned out it’s quite clear that DSjr + Barnes was never on the table.

Barnes has value on his own. Wesley Mathews does not.

To offload the Mathews contract it had to be part of a package around DSjr. So that is all we were going to get unless it was something much bigger:

AG + Vuc + Simmons / Ross
for
Barnes, Mathews, DSjr

Given their interest in Vuc, this might have been doable. But we weren’t getting DSjr without taking back Mathews.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#963 » by Furinkazan » Sat Feb 9, 2019 9:38 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

but
It seems they wanted to ged rid of Barnes contract wich would be fine with me also.
I think Barnes and DSJ for AG and filler was also possible but our GMs like this team as trade deadline proved...and team basicly stayed intact.I dont count Fultz cause for all I know he may never play again or at least this season isnt propable.
Also even If we made DSJ deal Fultz one was also doable unless they are alergic to too much talent on one team.
I know people here love AG.I also do But Imo this team should belong to young core of Isaac and Bamba and DSJ would fit that core perfectly.

Now knowing how things turned out it’s quite clear that DSjr + Barnes was never on the table.

To offload the Mathews contract it had to be part of a package around DSjr. So that is all we were going to get unless it was something much bigger:

for
Barnes, Mathews, DSjr

Given their interest in Vuc, this might have been doable. But we weren’t getting DSjr without taking back Mathews.

Maybe yes maybe not.
Truth is.
We dont know ****.I dont.You dont.
One thing we know for sure DSJ was up for grabs.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#964 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:17 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:I think Dallas turned it down and asked for AG.

but

for
Barnes, Mathews, DSjr

Maybe yes maybe not.
Truth is.

They offloaded Barnes for cap space. Fact.

The offloaded Mathews as a package deal with DSjr. Mathews was then cut. Fact.

We do know these things. They happened. What Dallas was trying to do is quite clear. Orlando didn’t want to bite so they found another buyer.

No team was simply going to trade for Mathews alone and eat his salary. What sense does that make? But eating his salary is a fair price if you are also getting DSjr.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#965 » by Furinkazan » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:36 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

for
Barnes, Mathews, DSjr

Maybe yes maybe not.
Truth is.

We do know these things. They happened. What Dallas was trying to do is quite clear. Orlando didn’t want to bite so they found another buyer.

No team was simply going to trade for Mathews alone and eat his salary. What sense does that make? But eating his salary is a fair price if you are also getting DSjr.

what you mean eat his salary...he is an expiring deal
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#966 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:32 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
Maybe yes maybe not.
Truth is.

what you mean eat his salary...he is an expiring deal

Dallas was going to cut him (and eat his dead money) if they could not trade him.

The Knicks cut him themselves at the reward of DSjr and picks.

We could have taken him back and just paid him the remainder of the season or cut him as well. That we don’t know. But what we do know is that no DSjr deal was to be had without Mathews attached.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#967 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
OrlandO wrote:What a disaster

Read on Twitter

If I remember correctly, our fans were begging Dwight to stay until the very end.

There were plenty that wanted him gone. I wanted him to stay and I said that if Dwight and SVG left, this team will be a bottom feeder for up to 10 years. Prophecy fullfilled.

I wanted him to stay too. Turns out his game fell off a cliff after the back surgery anyway, so it wasn't as big of a loss as it seemed.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#968 » by tiderulz » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:05 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

but

for
Barnes, Mathews, DSjr

Barnes didnt have much value. He was just basically traded to Sacramento for an expiring Zbo.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#969 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:13 am

tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:I think Dallas turned it down and asked for AG.

but

for
Barnes, Mathews, DSjr

Barnes didnt have much value. He was just basically traded to Sacramento for an expiring Zbo.

Yes, but he was acquired with the plan to keep him on the roster which is more than we can say for Mathews. That is my point.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#970 » by Furinkazan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:20 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

for
Barnes, Mathews, DSjr

Yes, but he was acquired with the plan to keep him on the roster which is more than we can say for Mathews. That is my point.

and my point is Its a very good deal AG for DSJ and expiring...thats an amazing deal if it was on the table. Normally you would have to take bad long term contracts... instead you get an expiring in this deal
Matthews isnt worse than Simmons was for us.When you deal AG and trade salaries...what does it change?.....you have to pay someobedy still...I just dont get your argument.SO now expiring deal is a bad deal also?It would be better if Matthews was ona 3 year deal ? You would consider it good then or what?No matter if we keep him or cut.Prize is DSJ and cap space in that deal.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,285

Post#971 » by pepe1991 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:45 am

Landry Shamet will look like steal in few years from that trade. Jumpshot is so smooth
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#972 » by drsd » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:48 pm

How did we not discuss this when he was a Magician?

C.J. Watson once put up the following stat line: 1 point, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block & 1 turnover
http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278843

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#973 » by NotACat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 am

With our win and Miami's loss, we're officially 1.5 games out of the playoffs!
Black Lives Matter
drsd
RealGM

Post#974 » by drsd » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 am

Furinkazan wrote:I expect DSJ avg 20+ and 6-7 as on the Knicks for the rest of the year.
Dude will be an all star in 2 years.

If Fultz emerges as an NBA-15th PER PG, I would be happy with that.

In Highschool and the NCAA, he was an elite Pick and Roll player. The motion offence through Embiid was a very poor fit for his game. But for Fultz to thrive, he needs shooters; Isaac and Gordon need further percentage-improvements in the mid-range games to maximise what Fultz can offer.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#975 » by pepe1991 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Philly is Eastern version of Warriors. My God they are louded.
drsd
RealGM

Post#976 » by drsd » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:20 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Philly is Eastern version of Warriors. My God they are louded.

Up top, at all expense of depth. This is where the Warriors is great. Great up top and loads of vet depth.

I think the Sixers get a bunch of in-vets in the Off season wanting a run at a title, if Philly makes the finals.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#977 » by pepe1991 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 am

How do you guys feel about Magic johnson? I loved him as a player always thought he is super overrated as everything else ( mostly bussiness, attaching huge money to already succesful business isn't that hard imo ) . He pretty much can't keep his mouth shut, and Silver has to do something.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#978 » by pepe1991 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 am

and Jesus, Paul freaking George, 47 points triple double. Watched them vs Houston other night, guy is just next level now.
drsd
RealGM

Post#979 » by drsd » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 am

Cannot believe the Knicks is out-tanking the Suns.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,776

Post#980 » by Audi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 pm

pepe1991 wrote:How do you guys feel about Magic johnson? I loved him as a player always thought he is super overrated as everything else ( mostly bussiness, attaching huge money to already succesful business isn't that hard imo ) . He pretty much can't keep his mouth shut, and Silver has to do something.

Great player, but I want him as far away from this league as possible. I’m sick of seeing the word “Magic” appear in news only to find out it’s not about us.

You are right though - overrated businessman.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive

Return to Orlando Magic