ImageImageImageImage

SA @ Orl 2018-2019 Preseason Game 5

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Re: SA @ Orl 2018-2019 Preseason Game 5 

Post#161 » by pepe1991 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:17 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I disagree. There are still major question marks with AG's game offensively. Even the biggest AG supporter would attest to that. He was awful last night, and if he and Evan (even though he was better last night) continue to play so poorly offensively this will be a 25 win team. There is nothing hateful or untrue about saying that.

i already adressed it up above, my point was not about Gordon, i just didn't want to bold mid sentence to make it look i pulled something out of context.

I still belive that key for successful rebuild are versitale, talented and dynamic PG and SF, mostly because i don't think BIG will ever provide enough spacing,craetivity, ballhandling and overall high quality offense to work as a team.
Am i willing to flush whole year in a toilet do make sure that they can't play together? Actually I am. I'm not sure front office is.

tbh i think that mistake for both Dallas and Magic were not swapping their 2017 draftees. Would instantly make both rosters better.

We had to draft for upside in the 2017 draft and Isaac was that pick. In the short term yes DSJ would have made us better, but I'm just not sold on him over Isaac. He has been what I thought he would be, an inefficient athletic highlight reel. You generally don't like those type of point guards so I'm surprised to have seen you talked so highly about him lately. I do think playing next to Doncic and on a win-now team will lead to a much better season for him this year but I still don't think his ceiling is insanely high (Lillard or Westbrooke lite imo).

At the end of the day this front office has to put Bamba and Isaac in the best situations to succeed. Their jobs depend on it. If that means trading AG after this year for a PG so that Isaac can play PF I fully expect them to do that. Thats why I have no issues with the selection. At some point, if they want to remain employed they will have to drastically change this roster to ensure that Isaac/Bamba will be put in the best situations to succeed.

Not sure about Smith, he would balance roster better , in same time with Dallas, Isaac would benefit from Doncic and Deandre.
Smith's development is all about efficiency on offense. In preseason he shot 6-15 for 3, that's 40% on overall 44% FG ( i don't count games against non nba teams ). if he can keep up that percentiges, and still drop 15 ppg in 25-30 min than he could be next great PG . He is yet to turn 21 , i don't expect him to be smart and crafty as Chris Paul any time soon , or ever.

My biggest problem with approach of front office is their doubling down on bigs in times when most teams don't use them. Ofc you need C, but you don't need 3 players with same weaknesses ( offense in general ).
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#162 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:33 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
i already adressed it up above, my point was not about Gordon, i just didn't want to bold mid sentence to make it look i pulled something out of context.

I still belive that key for successful rebuild are versitale, talented and dynamic PG and SF, mostly because i don't think BIG will ever provide enough spacing,craetivity, ballhandling and overall high quality offense to work as a team.
Am i willing to flush whole year in a toilet do make sure that they can't play together? Actually I am. I'm not sure front office is.

tbh i think that mistake for both Dallas and Magic were not swapping their 2017 draftees. Would instantly make both rosters better.

We had to draft for upside in the 2017 draft and Isaac was that pick. In the short term yes DSJ would have made us better, but I'm just not sold on him over Isaac. He has been what I thought he would be, an inefficient athletic highlight reel. You generally don't like those type of point guards so I'm surprised to have seen you talked so highly about him lately. I do think playing next to Doncic and on a win-now team will lead to a much better season for him this year but I still don't think his ceiling is insanely high (Lillard or Westbrooke lite imo).

At the end of the day this front office has to put Bamba and Isaac in the best situations to succeed. Their jobs depend on it. If that means trading AG after this year for a PG so that Isaac can play PF I fully expect them to do that. Thats why I have no issues with the selection. At some point, if they want to remain employed they will have to drastically change this roster to ensure that Isaac/Bamba will be put in the best situations to succeed.

Not sure about Smith, he would balance roster better , in same time with Dallas, Isaac would benefit from Doncic and Deandre.
Smith's development is all about efficiency on offense. In preseason he shot 6-15 for 3, that's 40% on overall 44% FG ( i don't count games against non nba teams ). if he can keep up that percentiges, and still drop 15 ppg in 25-30 min than he could be next great PG . He is yet to turn 21 , i don't expect him to be smart and crafty as Chris Paul any time soon , or ever.

My biggest problem with approach of front office is their doubling down on bigs in times when most teams don't use them. Ofc you need C, but you don't need 3 players with same weaknesses ( offense in general ).

I'm pretty encouraged with what I've seen from Bamba offensively. The jump he has made already training with Hanlen this summer has been quite impressive. I think he has the potential once he puts on size to at least be as good as Embiid is offensively (21-25 ppg). I can't really consider that a weakness in his game yet.

Isaac is improving, he won't be a number one option but he still has a lot of raw untapped potential. I think at his ceiling he could be a KG with a better 3pt shot type offensive player with defensive player of the year ability.

This is all ceiling talk here though. There is no guarantee that this will happen. I do think getting an elite level offensive player at the guard spot will be critical for their offensive development. Thats why I'm fully on board with tanking this year. Adding Langford or Barrett could change things in a big way for us.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#163 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:33 pm

I cant believe people still want DSJ over isaac here. So short sighted.
PennytoShaq

Post#164 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:49 pm

I think the FO may move AG and their long term vision may be Bamba and Isaac, which will work. They can space the floor and switch on D.

The team is not built yet.

Also Doncic looks nice but his moves dont seem as effective in the NBA. Im going to watch a lot of Mavs ball on League Pass. I want to see how it works, but so far they look like a tank team again.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#165 » by KillMonger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:I think the FO may move AG and their long term vision may be Bamba and Isaac, which will work. They can space the floor and switch on D.

Also Doncic looks nice but his moves dont seem as effective in the NBA. Im going to watch a lot of Mavs ball on League Pass. I want to see how it works, but so far they look like a tank team again.

i don't know....looks pretty effective to me
PennytoShaq

Post#166 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:I think the FO may move AG and their long term vision may be Bamba and Isaac, which will work. They can space the floor and switch on D.

Yeah, I mean Highlights, of course. That’s not what I mean. In general, it’s not as easy for him to create like he was doing last year. He’s still going to make things happen, that is his game, but it’s not coming as easy in the NBA.

I love the guys game. It’s so smooth. That’s what I want to watch the Mavs. I just am not sure it will translate to wins for them. In that example, they just lost to the Hornets.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,640

Post#167 » by Rainwater » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:16 pm

JF5 wrote:I don't understand how everyone is still surprised/upset with the roster by now. Its been the same team for the last several seasons with no real changes.

Pretty much
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,961

Post#168 » by MagicMatic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Solid Snake wrote:

Must be nice to be a Mavs fan and watch a team of young guys play exciting basketball.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#169 » by MagicMatic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Rainwater wrote:
JF5 wrote:I don't understand how everyone is still surprised/upset with the roster by now. Its been the same team for the last several seasons with no real changes.

Pretty much

aG WiLl HiT aNoThER LeVeL GuYs
PennytoShaq

Post#170 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:20 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

Must be nice to be a Mavs fan and watch a team of young guys play exciting basketball.

And they are still losing. So you’d still be complaining after the honeymoon wore off.

Bamba had 15 points in 23 minutes. Doncic - 18 in 31.

We have a young guy too. He’s just not as physically ready as Doncic yet, but him and Isaac are also exciting players.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#171 » by MagicMatic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

And they are still losing. So you’d still be complaining after the honeymoon wore off.

We have a young guy too. He’s just not as physically ready as Doncic yet, but him and Isaac are also exciting players.

How do you know this??? Mavs aren’t winning anything in the west, but at least they are watchable.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#172 » by Rainwater » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

Yeah, I mean Highlights, of course. That’s not what I mean. In general, it’s not as easy for him to create like he was doing last year. He’s still going to make things happen, that is his game, but it’s not coming as easy in the NBA.

I love the guys game. It’s so smooth. That’s what I want to watch the Mavs. I just am not sure it will translate to wins for them. In that example, they just lost to the Hornets.

I wasn't a Doncic fan but he has changed my mind. The guy looks great, his game will likely translate. They might not be good anytime soon but Dallas has a nice young team.
PennytoShaq

Post#173 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

How do you know this??? Mavs aren’t winning anything in the west, but at least they are watchable.

They literally lost in that highlight example posted. They are 1-3 in preseason. They aren’t going to win a lot of games this year.

But yeah - behind the back passes is fun. Based on your activity here, you’d last about 10 games before complaining about something once the L’s pile up.
PennytoShaq

Post#174 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Rainwater wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

I wasn't a Doncic fan but he has changed my mind. The guy looks great, his game will likely translate. They might not be good this year but Dallas has a nice young team.

I think his game will translate for sure, but I don’t think he will be a go to scorer for Dallas. I think he will be an all-star, but I also think that of Bamba here.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#175 » by Rainwater » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:29 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Pretty much

aG WiLl HiT aNoThER LeVeL GuYs

Lol AG could be 30 and you will still have people calling him the next Victor, lol.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#176 » by MagicMatic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:32 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

They literally lost in that highlight example posted. They are 1-3 in preseason. They aren’t going to win a lot of games this year.

But yeah - behind the back passes is fun. Based on your activity here, you’d last about 10 games before complaining about something once the L’s pile up.

Lol. k.

Dallas and Orlando aren’t winning anything this season and are bad teams. Said they look more fun to watch and you can’t handle it. Keep reaching.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#177 » by Rainwater » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:36 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

I wasn't a Doncic fan but he has changed my mind. The guy looks great, his game will likely translate. They might not be good this year but Dallas has a nice young team.

I think his game will translate for sure, but I don’t think he will be a go to scorer for Dallas. I think he will be an all-star, but I also think that of Bamba here.

I definitely think he can be a go to scorer. If can do what he is doing in the preseason in the regular season, and he is only 19, the sky is the limit.

Mo and Isaac vs DSJ and Doncic will be an argument we might be having for years. DSJ and Doncic might look good now but Mo and Isaac might be better.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#178 » by dsg2021 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Solid Snake wrote:

A fancier, better Hedo Turkoglu.. why didn't we just get him and Mo at the same time :cry:
PennytoShaq

Post#179 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:37 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Lol. k.

Dallas and Orlando aren’t winning anything this season and are bad teams. Said they look more fun to watch and you can’t handle it. Keep reaching.

Right, that’s why I said I’d be watching Dallas on League Pass this year? Nice try.

I’m not going to whine and complain after every Magic loss and act like the sky is falling. I don’t understand why someone who hates the product he sees would spend so much time posting negatively about it on a daily basis, but thats your thing.
PennytoShaq

Post#180 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Rainwater wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

I definitely think he can be a go to scorer. If can do what he is doing in the preseason in the regular season, and he is only 19, the sky is the limit.

Mo and Isaac vs DSJ and Doncic will be an argument we might be having for years. DSJ and Doncic might look good now but Mo and Isaac might be better.

Yeah I think both tandems are good, but the Mavs don’t really need DSJ AND Doncic IMO. I think Isaac and Mo are more complimentary, but lets see how it goes.

Return to Orlando Magic