ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘18-19’: XIX: Rise of the BIG

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,505

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘18-19’: XIX: Rise of the BIG 

Post#121 » by AddiFB » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:44 am

Those are some bad tattoos man. Eugh...
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#122 » by Tarheel » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 am

NBA Trade Rumors: Markelle Fultz needs a trade to kick-start his career

The title is misleading as I'm pretty sure the rumor isn't based on anything except the author's speculation, but it says that a deal that would benefit both sides is Fultz to us for DJ + a FRP. Would you do it?

If it's the OKC pick I snap Philly's hand off and run away into the night laughing maniacally, 2019 unprotected gives me pause though.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#123 » by pepe1991 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:01 am

I look at Fultz and all i can see another Russell/ Lonzo Ball.
Overhyped college PG that was told world is his playground too soon so he stopped grinding hard.

I even took a look at Lonzo last night and he didn't get better at anything. He still can't drive ,can't stop and pop and can't shoot. Basically handicapped Rondo.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#124 » by Skybox » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am

Tarheel wrote:NBA Trade Rumors: Markelle Fultz needs a trade to kick-start his career

The title is misleading as I'm pretty sure the rumor isn't based on anything except the author's speculation, but it says that a deal that would benefit both sides is Fultz to us for DJ + a FRP. Would you do it?

If it's the OKC pick I snap Philly's hand off and run away into the night laughing maniacally, 2019 unprotected gives me pause though.

If I'm Philly, why do I want DJ? They are fortunate to have a large PG who can play D. If they need shooting, they could demand Evan or a shooter at a different position...I'd take a crack at Fultz. I think he really needs a better fit unless the #1 pick becomes a bench monster. He needs the ball in his hands. Playing off the ball w/Simmons completely negates his value, IMO. I still think Fultz could be great but I'd want at least some protection on a pick, say top 5...or Evan and top 8 protected for Fultz and expiring filler.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#125 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Tarheel wrote:NBA Trade Rumors: Markelle Fultz needs a trade to kick-start his career

Fultz has the yips following the injury and the hype around being #1. Will he ever get over that? I don’t know.

But anyone questioning the talent underneath is simply misinformed.

Given the combination of his small rookie deal, his immense natural talent and oh yeah, his current issues showcasing that talent when the lights are on ... Philly trading Fultz now for is just not going to happen.

If the true Markelle Fultz ever wakes up, there (almost) isn’t anything in this league available in trade worthy of him. If he doesn’t, well the return on him at this moment isn’t high. Better to sit on the contract and see if he regains the form that made him #1.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#126 » by Knightro » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:39 pm

The Sixers seem totally committed to making it work with Fultz.

Hell, they broke up the best 5-man lineup in the NBA last year (Simmons-Redick-Covington-Saric-Embiid) to insert Fultz into their starting lineup this year.

Brett Brown has talked glowingly about and shielded Fultz from criticism like he was his own son. I don't think there's any way they'll deal him this year. MAYBE next year if he continues to struggle, but by then his value would be so bad that they'd still probably keep him.

Fultz didn't shoot well last night against Chicago, but he still put up a solid 12-4-5-2 and was a +5 in 32 minutes last night. He even hit a three!
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#127 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Interesting article on us.

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/orlando-magic-aaron-gordon-mo-bamba-matchups-length/3/

“That problem Gordon causes makes the usually dull Magic one of the more fascinating teams to watch this season. How are teams going to fight these insanely long lineups Orlando is going to be running on a nightly basis? The Magic’s roster construction is bizarre, with so many big men and so few guards, but while it’s possible that will be a problem for them at times, they’re going to make you adjust to them or suffer the consequences.

For the Heat, they decided to go just as big as Orlando. With Jones in foul trouble, they didn’t throw out another wing but instead put big man Bam Adebayo on the floor next to Hassan Whiteside. Adebayo is fast and skilled enough to let Miami do this and it ended up being pretty effective too. In nine minutes of play time together, the two big men sharing the floor together outscored Orlando by one point. However, they only shot 1-for-6 from 3-point range and their spacing regressed to the dinosaur era.”
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#128 » by Knightro » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#129 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 pm

Man... Cliff is doing a great job boosting Vuc's trade value.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
PennytoShaq

Post#130 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 am

Edit. Wrong thread.
PennytoShaq

Post#131 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:12 am

Some good rumor news

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/southeast-rumors-bamba-vucevic-mcgruder-melvin.html
“The Magic can be expected to do their due diligence and gauge starting center Nikola Vucevic’s trade value, according to Michael Scotto of The Athletic. Vucevic is in his walk year and will enter unrestricted free agency in July. Vucevic doesn’t fit president Jeff Weltman and GM John Hammond’s desire for length and versatility, Scotto adds.”
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#132 » by fendilim » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:14 am

PennytoShaq wrote:Some good rumor news

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/southeast-rumors-bamba-vucevic-mcgruder-melvin.html
“The Magic can be expected to do their due diligence and gauge starting center Nikola Vucevic’s trade value, according to Michael Scotto of The Athletic. Vucevic is in his walk year and will enter unrestricted free agency in July. Vucevic doesn’t fit president Jeff Weltman and GM John Hammond’s desire for length and versatility, Scotto adds.”

I'll need to see him traded to believe it. We've heard this news since last year.
PennytoShaq

Post#133 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:15 am

fendilim wrote:

I'll need to see him traded to believe it. We've heard this news since last year.

This is true, but he definitely does not fit the FO’s vision. We simple had nothing behind him last year and a trade probably was not there.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#134 » by KillMonger » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:35 am

The name of this thread is ironic considering the fact that they haven't logged 1 minute together

Sent from my [trap phone ] using RealGM mobile app
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#135 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:59 am

Omagic12 wrote:Just for those who actually go to games, the magic app is selling 5 dollar tickets for tommrows game. Just bouggt mines. 2 tickets for 10 bucks no fees.

You've been robbed :(
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#136 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:32 pm

To think some people had thought of playoffs for the 3rd straight year lol. Cliff will be lucky to improve this team by 5 wins

PS the Vooch hate/love threads were hilarious. Dude is the definition of box score player on court bum
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#137 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Dudes been on the block for 3-4 years. He’s stale spoiled milk at this point
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#138 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Offensive ratings filtered by 30 minute or more a game players:

The top:

The bottom of the league rankings, 30+mpg:

Gotta make everyone happy here. For the rest of the crowd, the 15 or more minute a game players, bottom of the NBA:

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#139 » by pepe1991 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:02 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Offensive ratings filtered by 30 minute or more a game players:

The top:

The bottom of the league rankings, 30+mpg:

Gotta make everyone happy here. For the rest of the crowd, the 15 or more minute a game players, bottom of the NBA:

It's almost like he has two teammates who are averaging 30 ppg right now. Oh, it is.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#140 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:22 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Clifford keeping it real.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic