ImageImageImageImage

Trade idea thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Re: Trade idea thread 

Post#561 » by drsd » Tue Dec 4, 2018 8:36 pm

The Phoenix Suns have continued to look for a short-term solution at point guard.

Ryan Anderson and a Phoenix 2nd-pick for Timofey Mozgov and D.J. Augustin.

All players are crippling for 2-years salary. So no loss there on any side for any player. Orlando might be righting off this season with this trade, but the team saves 3M this year and another 3M next year off of the cap, and gets a probable bench player with the high second.

Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#562 » by Driguez » Tue Dec 4, 2018 9:32 pm

drsd wrote:
The Phoenix Suns have continued to look for a short-term solution at point guard.

Ryan Anderson and a Phoenix 2nd-pick for Timofey Mozgov and D.J. Augustin.

All players are crippling for 2-years salary. So no loss there on any side for any player. Orlando might be righting off this season with this trade, but the team saves 3M this year and another 3M next year off of the cap, and gets a probable bench player with the high second.

So, who will be our starting PG? I mean, DJ is a second stringer but he has been solid this season so far.
"We all we got"- SVG
RodyTur10
Junior
And1: 360

Post#563 » by RodyTur10 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 9:36 pm

From Celtics blog a trade idea (not mine):

To Orlando: Terry Rozier, Aron Baynes (can be traded 15th of dec), Guerschon Yabusele
To Boston: Nikola Vucevic

The Celtics upgrade their center position (short term), while Orlando gets a new PG (long term). What do you guys think about this proposal? (maybe the Celtics could add a late 1st)
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#564 » by npiper17 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 9:48 pm

Out of interest, what’s the appeal of D’Angelo Russell? He seems to need a lot of shots and doesn’t make a great percentage. He’s going to command decent money in the summer.

I realise beggars can’t be choosers with our point guard situation but I don’t think Russell is the answer.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,943

Post#565 » by p0peye » Tue Dec 4, 2018 10:16 pm

RodyTur10 wrote:From Celtics blog a trade idea (not mine):

To Orlando: Terry Rozier, Aron Baynes (can be traded 15th of dec), Guerschon Yabusele

The Celtics upgrade their center position (short term), while Orlando gets a new PG (long term). What do you guys think about this proposal? (maybe the Celtics could add a late 1st)

Considering how crappy Rozier plays this season, a 1st would be more than welcomed. Still, it is unclear if our FO is ready to move on from Vučević considering Bamba will have a difficulty holding down starter position this early in his career.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,742

Post#566 » by Audi » Tue Dec 4, 2018 10:53 pm

npiper17 wrote:Out of interest, what’s the appeal of D’Angelo Russell? He seems to need a lot of shots and doesn’t make a great percentage. He’s going to command decent money in the summer.

I realise beggars can’t be choosers with our point guard situation but I don’t think Russell is the answer.

He’s only 22 and is pretty solid. Per 36 numbers are nothing to scoff at. He’s not going to set the world on fire, but he’s got plenty of time/room to grow. Depending on how much he costs, I think he’d make a good starter on this squad as a #2 or #3 guy. Mostly i’d Love to see what Cliff could do with him.
Overall though, for me you already hit the nail on the head: beggars can’t be choosers with our situation and I personally don’t see any of these low or mid tier guys being an answer. I just think of all the names out there, he’s a solid 2nd or 3rd option to fill out the roster...we just desperately need to find our #1 option.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#567 » by MoMM » Tue Dec 4, 2018 10:58 pm

:wavefinger:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#568 » by tiderulz » Tue Dec 4, 2018 11:05 pm

Audi wrote:
npiper17 wrote:Out of interest, what’s the appeal of D’Angelo Russell? He seems to need a lot of shots and doesn’t make a great percentage. He’s going to command decent money in the summer.

He’s only 22 and is pretty solid. Per 36 numbers are nothing to scoff at. He’s not going to set the world on fire, but he’s got plenty of time/room to grow. Depending on how much he costs, I think he’d make a good starter on this squad as a #2 or #3 guy. Mostly i’d Love to see what Cliff could do with him.
Overall though, for me you already hit the nail on the head: beggars can’t be choosers with our situation and I personally don’t see any of these low or mid tier guys being an answer. I just think of all the names out there, he’s a solid 2nd or 3rd option to fill out the roster...we just desperately need to find our #1 option.

I dont believe he can be a #2 option on a good team, unless he changes his game. he is way too much a volume chucker right now
drsd
RealGM

Post#569 » by drsd » Tue Dec 4, 2018 11:26 pm

Someone thinks there is a rumor that Orlando can be part of a LAL / NOP deal that has Davis going west.

For Orlando:
LINK
The crux in this for Orlando is Ross, Mozgov, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for Jrue Holiday.

Getting out of Mozgov's deal to gain Holiday is interesting. It actually allows the Magic to resign Vučević to a multi-year deal.

Orlando becomes:
Holiday/Augustin/Grant
Fournier/Iwundu
Isaac/Simmons/Frazier
Gordon/Martin
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

There is a lot I like about it. The trade has flaws, but in the end the Magic get a true PG-starter for Ross (and get Mozgov dumped even before he is expiring). The Magic p probably make this year's playoffs. And in the offseason can look to the wing and forward depth through lower-end FA deals.

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#570 » by NotACat » Tue Dec 4, 2018 11:56 pm

drsd wrote:Someone thinks there is a rumor that Orlando can be part of a LAL / NOP deal that has Davis going west.

For Orlando:
LINK
The crux in this for Orlando is Ross, Mozgov, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for Jrue Holiday.

Getting out of Mozgov's deal to gain Holiday is interesting. It actually allows the Magic to resign Vučević to a multi-year deal.

Orlando becomes:
Holiday/Augustin/Grant
Fournier/Iwundu
Isaac/Simmons/Frazier
Gordon/Martin
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

There is a lot I like about it. The trade has flaws, but in the end the Magic get a true PG-starter for Ross (and get Mozgov dumped even before he is expiring). The Magic p probably make this year's playoffs. And in the offseason can look to the wing and forward depth through lower-end FA deals.

I would do this in a heartbeat. They can even make the 2019 pick unprotected
Black Lives Matter
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Post#571 » by MagicMatic » Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:01 am

drsd wrote:Someone thinks there is a rumor that Orlando can be part of a LAL / NOP deal that has Davis going west.

For Orlando:
LINK

Orlando becomes:
Holiday/Augustin/Grant
Fournier/Iwundu
Isaac/Simmons/Frazier
Gordon/Martin
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

No way NOLA does this deal leaving them without a starting guard. Also, I would rather just draft Ja Morant and trade the same assets for someone else.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,572

Post#572 » by AbC? » Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:18 am

Would you guys do Fred VanVleet + CJ Miles for Fournier?
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#573 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:29 am

AbC? wrote:Would you guys do Fred VanVleet + CJ Miles for Fournier?

Where do I sign?
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#574 » by NotACat » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:16 am

Yes
Black Lives Matter
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#575 » by OrlandoDream » Wed Dec 5, 2018 8:09 am

For Orlando:
LINK

Orlando becomes:
Holiday/Augustin/Grant
Fournier/Iwundu
Isaac/Simmons/Frazier
Gordon/Martin
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

We are not giving up Tross and our 2019 FRP for Jrue HOliday(which I really like). We need to resign Tross.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#576 » by OrlandoDream » Wed Dec 5, 2018 8:11 am

That trade would have been considered if it happened before the season started. Now? Rozier is off to a bad start to the season while Vuc is on his way to the All star game if orlando is still in the PO by next month.

Rozier is worth a late 1st to early 2nd right now.
drsd
RealGM

Post#577 » by drsd » Wed Dec 5, 2018 9:50 am

OrlandoDream wrote:We are not giving up Tross and our 2019 FRP for Jrue HOliday(which I really like). We need to resign Tross.

For me the question is, "should the Magic trade an elite 6th man for a competent starting PG"?

In that concept, I say Yes.

Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,293

Post#578 » by Jiwol » Wed Dec 5, 2018 10:17 am

drsd wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:We are not giving up Tross and our 2019 FRP for Jrue HOliday(which I really like). We need to resign Tross.

For me the question is, "should the Magic trade an elite 6th man for a competent starting PG"?

In that concept, I say Yes.

What is concerning is that Jrue prefers to play off the ball recently. He is actually Pelicans SG next to Payton - and now Frazier.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#579 » by Knightro » Wed Dec 5, 2018 11:59 am

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#580 » by MoMM » Wed Dec 5, 2018 12:14 pm

That's a "No, thanks" to me, but perhaps Fred + OG/Powell.

Return to Orlando Magic