ImageImageImageImage

WHen will we learn

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Re: WHen will we learn 

Post#61 » by bargnanimvp » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:44 am

NEM wrote:^^^ how is this a real post by a magic fan on the night we clinch our first playoff berth in the last 7 years?? Come on man, not tonight...

Well yeah, a real fan can be happy but also realistic on our situation. I've been rooting for play offs basically all season but at the end of the day while i'm happy for our success and think it's great for our locker room and young players acting like we are suddenly a good team and all is fine with orlando is just living in fantasy world.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,921

Post#62 » by MagicMatic » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:50 am

Lol at bumping this thread now. People looking for internet confrontation? Maybe it’ll be the same people crying when there are no moves to be made in the offseason or ways to acquire talent.

Making the playoffs for the first time in years is a positive thing for this organization. Go Magic.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,337

Post#63 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 8, 2019 12:31 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Lol at bumping this thread now. People looking for internet confrontation? Maybe it’ll be the same people crying when there are no moves to be made in the offseason or ways to acquire talent.

Making the playoffs for the first time in years is a positive thing for this organization. Go Magic.

We've discussed this at length, but I'm genuinely fascinated to see how Weltman and Hammond approach this offseason.

Do they trade Gordon? Do they trade Fournier? Do they bring everyone back and gamble on Fultz/Bamba becoming more than lotto tickets?

Making the jump from 25 wins to 41 was awesome and a real testament to Clifford and his coaching staff. Now how do they to make the leap from 41 to 48?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#64 » by drsd » Mon Apr 8, 2019 1:25 pm

Knightro wrote:Making the jump from 25 wins to 41 was awesome and a real testament to Clifford and his coaching staff. Now how do they to make the leap from 41 to 48?

Going from 25 to 41 is easier than going from 41 to 48. Resigning Vučević and Ross makes it difficult to add any other pieces. Amile Jefferson can replace Martin, but there is not much more than that. The draft could bring Romeo Langford and Robert Franks type of assets.

This is the easy-roster to make:

Fultz/Augustin/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Ross/Langford
Isaac/Iwundu/Frazier
Gordon/Jefferson/Franks
Vučević/Bamba/Mozgov

That kind of roster gets to 48 wins only if it stays healthy all season. A tall order of expectation.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,337

Post#65 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 8, 2019 1:41 pm

drsd wrote:
Knightro wrote:Making the jump from 25 wins to 41 was awesome and a real testament to Clifford and his coaching staff. Now how do they to make the leap from 41 to 48?

Going from 25 to 41 is easier than going from 41 to 48. Resigning Vučević and Ross makes it difficult to add any other pieces. Amile Jefferson can replace Martin, but there is not much more than that. The draft could bring Romeo Langford and Robert Franks type of assets.

Fournier/Ross/Langford
Isaac/Iwundu/Frazier
Gordon/Jefferson/Franks
Vučević/Bamba/Mozgov

I think it's very fair to ask the question if Fultz and Bamba can actually give the Magic better minutes next season than MCW/Briscoe and Birch have given them over these last 30 games.

Because without trades, that's the only avenue for significant internal improvement one would think.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#66 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 1:44 pm

Knightro wrote:
drsd wrote:

Fournier/Ross/Langford
Isaac/Iwundu/Frazier
Gordon/Jefferson/Franks
Vučević/Bamba/Mozgov

I think it's very fair to ask the question if Fultz and Bamba can actually give the Magic better minutes next season than MCW/Briscoe and Birch have given them over these last 30 games.

Because without trades, that's the only avenue for significant internal improvement one would think.

Salary is one of biggest downsides of Fultz trade, guy has team's option worth $13,200 000M for next year for player that is collosal question mark and enigma.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#67 » by I Rasharted » Mon Apr 8, 2019 10:44 pm

Knightro wrote:We've discussed this at length, but I'm genuinely fascinated to see how Weltman and Hammond approach this offseason.

Do they trade Gordon? Do they trade Fournier? Do they bring everyone back and gamble on Fultz/Bamba becoming more than lotto tickets?

Making the jump from 25 wins to 41 was awesome and a real testament to Clifford and his coaching staff. Now how do they to make the leap from 41 to 48?

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.

Return to Orlando Magic