ImageImageImageImage

UCF Football: Boca Bowl

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 812

Re: UCF Football: Boca Bowl 

Post#1221 » by UCF » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:22 pm

dsg2003mach1 wrote:I check this section every couple of days solely with the hope of seeing a new Defense of coordinator being named

We’ve got Randy until January ‘22 or someone hires him away.

That said, I think this year was a bit unfair to judge his performance. The opt outs and players kicked off the team didn’t help. Bowl opt outs really did us in at the end.
dsg2003mach1
Junior
And1: 125

Post#1222 » by dsg2003mach1 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:13 pm

UCF wrote:
dsg2003mach1 wrote:I check this section every couple of days solely with the hope of seeing a new Defense of coordinator being named

That said, I think this year was a bit unfair to judge his performance. The opt outs and players kicked off the team didn’t help. Bowl opt outs really did us in at the end.

ugh, first read that thinking January 22nd then realized possibly stuck with him another year.

Obviously this year gets some leeway but its the same issues its been for the last 3 seasons - its a TFL or a first down. You shouldn't have to score 35-40 points a game to get a win. His style doesn't work, at least not with the current roster anyway.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 2,753

Post#1223 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:51 pm

dsg2003mach1 wrote:
UCF wrote:

ugh, first read that thinking January 22nd then realized possibly stuck with him another year.

Obviously this year gets some leeway but its the same issues its been for the last 3 seasons - its a TFL or a first down. You shouldn't have to score 35-40 points a game to get a win. His style doesn't work, at least not with the current roster anyway.

I dunno. When you play as fast as we do on offense, there are a lot of times the defensive players don't have a time to regroup, catch their breath, make adjustments, etc. Plus all the unique stuff this season.

I don't think Shannon is worth the price tag, which is why I think he should be let go. But I don't think we're going to find someone who is going to be able to keep teams under 20 ppg while we're scoring 40+.

Return to Orlando Magic