ImageImageImageImage

Should Bamba Remain in the Rotation

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Re: Should Bamba Remain in the Rotation 

Post#141 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:28 am

Anyhoo,

Bamba seems to be getting more comfortable lately. I'd like to see a slight uptick in his minutes.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#142 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 pm

I was surprised Bamba didnt get more burn when we played you guys.... I know vucevic is having a good year on paper... cant claim to have watched enough to know beyond that... but was surprised not to see more issaac/Bamba. Thought we had a big advantage when Vucevic was on the floor. The high tree point pecentage is nice, but if he hits 2 open ones a game you live with that as a defense and if he is getting high usage just makes the team as a whole easier to defend even if he gets and efficient 25 pts.

I feel like gaurding Fournier, Gordon, augustin is alot harder with bamba/issaac on the floor, as verticle threat roll men, and just active in general.

if i was a magic fan id be all about a:

Augustin | Fournier | Iwundu | Gordon | Issaac lineup with Bamba coming in for isaac or ike off the pine.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#143 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:I was surprised Bamba didnt get more burn when we played you guys.... I know vucevic is having a good year on paper... cant claim to have watched enough to know beyond that... but was surprised not to see more issaac/Bamba. Thought we had a big advantage when Vucevic was on the floor. The high tree point pecentage is nice, but if he hits 2 open ones a game you live with that as a defense and if he is getting high usage just makes the team as a whole easier to defend even if he gets and efficient 25 pts.

I feel like gaurding Fournier, Gordon, augustin is alot harder with bamba/issaac on the floor, as verticle threat roll men, and just active in general.

Augustin | Fournier | Iwundu | Gordon | Issaac lineup with Bamba coming in for isaac or ike off the pine.

As long as Vucevic is here we'll be the Orlando Vucevic's. That's just the way it is. I'd love it if we could do things like try to run Isaac at C, but it's not going to happen. If anything our fans would prefer we trade one or more of Isaac, AG and Bamba to try to get some more ready now talent to surround Vuc and try to sneak into the 8th seed one day. Strange times around here, but that's what watching this product for 7 years will do to you.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#144 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:03 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:I was surprised Bamba didnt get more burn when we played you guys.... I know vucevic is having a good year on paper... cant claim to have watched enough to know beyond that... but was surprised not to see more issaac/Bamba. Thought we had a big advantage when Vucevic was on the floor. The high tree point pecentage is nice, but if he hits 2 open ones a game you live with that as a defense and if he is getting high usage just makes the team as a whole easier to defend even if he gets and efficient 25 pts.

As long as Vucevic is here we'll be the Orlando Vucevic's. That's just the way it is. I'd love it if we could do things like try to run Isaac at C, but it's not going to happen. If anything our fans would prefer we trade one or more of Isaac, AG and Bamba to try to get some more ready now talent to surround Vuc and try to sneak into the 8th seed one day. Strange times around here, but that's what watching this product for 7 years will do to you.

wow really? dump bamba/isaac to build around Vucevic?!?!?!
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#145 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:19 am

Xatticus dropping so many truth bombs in this thread
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,546

Post#146 » by Bergmaniac » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:29 am

You are way off, our offense collapses pretty every time Vucevic goes to the bench, and Bamba's offensive rating is horrendous (92.9). Clifford has tried all kinds of lineups without him and none of them has worked offensively. His passing and reliable scoring is irreplaceble for now. That game against you was one of the only 2-3 games all season when the offense worked better with him on the bench.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#147 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Just reading the Atlanta message board and they all agreed without hesitation that if Morant fell to them they would trade him for Bamba. Nice to know other fans value our players.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#148 » by MoMM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

basketballRob wrote:Just reading the Atlanta message board and they all agreed without hesitation that if Morant fell to them they would trade him for Bamba. Nice to know other fans value our players.

Oh, that would be great! I would even add some assets to get it done.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#149 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:35 pm

MoMM wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Just reading the Atlanta message board and they all agreed without hesitation that if Morant fell to them they would trade him for Bamba. Nice to know other fans value our players.

I think Bamba will be really good. The rest of the league values Bamba and probably Isaac more than some of our fanbase.

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#150 » by MoMM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:37 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MoMM wrote:

I think Bamba will be really good. The rest of the league values Bamba and probably Isaac more than some of our fanbase.

I hope so, but I'm not very enthusiastic about it. Morant is exactly what we need.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#151 » by OrlandO » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Link? Or are you overselling as usual?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#152 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:54 pm

OrlandO wrote:

I was reading through one of their threads. I'll look later. They were talking trying to trade Morant for JJJ or Bamba and no one questioned the plausibility of that move.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#153 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:57 pm

That wasn't the first time I've heard over fanbases valuing JI and Bamba more than they do here.

OrlandO
RealGM

Post#154 » by OrlandO » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:13 pm

basketballRob wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

I was reading through one of their threads. I'll look later. They were talking trying to trade Morant for JJJ or Bamba and no one questioned the plausibility of that move.

That's what I thought. No need to exaggerate to make Bamba look better. It's more like one dude who keeps posting trades for Bamba, and it's because they already have their PG of the future. There's another dude on that board who said Bol Bol is who Bamba should have been.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#155 » by OrlandO » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:15 pm

basketballRob wrote:That wasn't the first time I've heard over fanbases valuing JI and Bamba more than they do here.

Let's not act like magic fans would just give away JI and Bamba...
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#156 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:25 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MoMM wrote:

Our fan base is incredibly impatient. I understand why fans feel that way but it doesn’t make them right. Luckily our new leadership understands the value in focusing on the big picture.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#157 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:17 pm

You are mistaken. If Vuc is not on the floor the offense is a disaster. This team lacks talent, specifically in the wings, you remove Vuc for Bamba and the offense goes to crap. Bamba has a long way to go to become effective.
aka: prorl
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#158 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

You are mistaken. If Vuc is not on the floor the offense is a disaster. This team lacks talent, specifically in the wings, you remove Vuc for Bamba and the offense goes to crap. Bamba has a long way to go to become effective.

fair enough... ive only really seen him play nets and celtics. so small sample. i always felt like even when he scores he is a detriment to the offense and made it much easier on us offensively. i get nervous when bamba is in. Vuc is like a welcome sign but it could just be matchups
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#159 » by tiderulz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:07 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MoMM wrote:

but the game has moved away from needing that big like Bamba.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#160 » by tiderulz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:07 pm

basketballRob wrote:That wasn't the first time I've heard over fanbases valuing JI and Bamba more than they do here.

because they havent seen them up close for as long as we have. just like we overvalue other teams players. We see a team cut a player and there is instantly a thread created, talking about bringing in Player X that was just released.

Return to Orlando Magic