ImageImageImageImage

Should Bamba Remain in the Rotation

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Re: Should Bamba Remain in the Rotation 

Post#161 » by p0peye » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:09 pm

I personally feel our defense suffers even more with Bamba in. He has a long ways to go.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#162 » by tiderulz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
Prokorov wrote:I was surprised Bamba didnt get more burn when we played you guys.... I know vucevic is having a good year on paper... cant claim to have watched enough to know beyond that... but was surprised not to see more issaac/Bamba. Thought we had a big advantage when Vucevic was on the floor. The high tree point pecentage is nice, but if he hits 2 open ones a game you live with that as a defense and if he is getting high usage just makes the team as a whole easier to defend even if he gets and efficient 25 pts.

I feel like gaurding Fournier, Gordon, augustin is alot harder with bamba/issaac on the floor, as verticle threat roll men, and just active in general.

if i was a magic fan id be all about a:

Augustin | Fournier | Iwundu | Gordon | Issaac lineup with Bamba coming in for isaac or ike off the pine.

You are mistaken. If Vuc is not on the floor the offense is a disaster. This team lacks talent, specifically in the wings, you remove Vuc for Bamba and the offense goes to crap. Bamba has a long way to go to become effective.

fair enough... ive only really seen him play nets and celtics. so small sample. i always felt like even when he scores he is a detriment to the offense and made it much easier on us offensively. i get nervous when bamba is in. Vuc is like a welcome sign but it could just be matchups

your view seems due to small sample size. As Optimus mentioned, we are very challenged offensively, and Vuc on the floor will bring the other big out, because Vuc can now hit the 3 pt shot as well as wing players, if not better. and his defense is better than his reputation, he just isnt athletic enough to provide help defense. so when opposing teams wing players blow past our wings, there is little he can do to stop them
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#163 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:12 pm

NotACat wrote:
SOUL wrote:
NotACat wrote:Bamba looked terrible, and I don't think his concerns are related to his body. His has almost no feel for the game

:o

Did we watch the same game?

9/4/1/1 in 15 minutes and +11 while playing solid defense on 4-6 shooting.

I mainly caught the later 3rd and the 4th. Could've been gassed by the time I started watching. He did knock down a jumper, but it seems like he's not able to do much and there were plays on defense where he was in position to help but didn't even have his hands up or look engaged on that end
No you're right, he doesn't have a good feel for the game.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#164 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:22 pm

p0peye wrote:I personally feel our defense suffers even more with Bamba in. He has a long ways to go.
Everything suffers. He doesn't impact the game in any capacity

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
#2A
#Adopt
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#165 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:10 pm

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
MoMM wrote:Oh, that would be great! I would even add some assets to get it done.
I think Bamba will be really good. The rest of the league values Bamba and probably Isaac more than some of our fanbase.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

but the game has moved away from needing that big like Bamba.
A big man that shoots 3's?

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#166 » by tiderulz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:19 pm

basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I think Bamba will be really good. The rest of the league values Bamba and probably Isaac more than some of our fanbase.

but the game has moved away from needing that big like Bamba.

just the elite big men in general.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#167 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:I think Bamba will be really good. The rest of the league values Bamba and probably Isaac more than some of our fanbase.

really? Who? Based on what?
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#168 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:but the game has moved away from needing that big like Bamba.

That wont apply to us because he definitely wont be elite.
#2A
#Adopt
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#169 » by j-ragg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:A big man that shoots 3's?

We get it, competition for Vuc = bad. I'm sure we'll sign him to a lifetime contract this summer and then win 30 games a year until our move to Seattle.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#170 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:13 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote: really? Who? Based on what?

tiderulz wrote:just the elite big men in general.

We get it, competition for Vuc = bad. I'm sure we'll sign him to a lifetime contract this summer and then win 30 games a year until our move to Seattle.
I'm sure Vuc can't wait until the all star game is over so he can take his 10-15 games off.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#171 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:27 pm

basketballRob wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:That wont apply to us because he definitely wont be elite.

I'm sure Vuc can't wait until the all star game is over so he can take his 10-15 games off.

Vooch most likely won't hold anything back, but it appears most of the team already has.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#172 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
j-ragg wrote:We get it, competition for Vuc = bad. I'm sure we'll sign him to a lifetime contract this summer and then win 30 games a year until our move to Seattle.

Vooch most likely won't hold anything back, but it appears most of the team already has.
It'll be a relief when he gets his contract so he
won't have to do that anymore.

Cosmic_Backlash
Junior
And1: 272

Post#173 » by Cosmic_Backlash » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:31 pm

I was strongly against how Bamba played his first few months in the league - he was too often around the 3pt line, not aggressive on defense, etc. He was strictly bad. We've branded him as a "3pt shooting big man" - except he sucks at shooting 3s in high volume.

This January he has significantly improved. He has more focus on rebounding, less focus on 3s, and he's been much more aggressive on D. He still has a ways to go, but he's definitely improving. Someone clearly spoke to him about where he has been effective and where has been ineffective and they are working on putting him in spots to succeed.

January has seen general improvements in (
+ Shooting
+ Shot Selection
+ Block Rate
+ Foul Rate
+ FTA
+ FT%

He's gotten slightly worse in
- Turnovers

If he plays this way the rest of the year, works hard in the summer and continues to play to his strengths instead of trying to be something he's not - he'll be a very good Center in the years to come.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#174 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:15 am

j-ragg wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote: really? Who? Based on what?

tiderulz wrote:just the elite big men in general.

Whoa there drama you are absolutely incorrect. I don't not believe that competition is bad for any position, but I do believe that there has to exist actual competition for that to be relevant.
#2A
#Adopt
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#175 » by SD2042 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Cosmic_Backlash wrote:Image

I was strongly against how Bamba played his first few months in the league - he was too often around the 3pt line, not aggressive on defense, etc. He was strictly bad. We've branded him as a "3pt shooting big man" - except he sucks at shooting 3s in high volume.

This January he has significantly improved. He has more focus on rebounding, less focus on 3s, and he's been much more aggressive on D. He still has a ways to go, but he's definitely improving. Someone clearly spoke to him about where he has been effective and where has been ineffective and they are working on putting him in spots to succeed.

+ Shooting
+ Shot Selection
+ Block Rate
+ Foul Rate
+ FTA
+ FT%

- Turnovers

If he plays this way the rest of the year, works hard in the summer and continues to play to his strengths instead of trying to be something he's not - he'll be a very good Center in the years to come.

It comes down to the right coaching and having belief that said player will have the confidence to believe in himself to work hard toward improving his game. Our problem as fans is lack of patience and this sense that Rome is build in a day. It doesn't work that way. Obviously our Rome is taking a long time to build and our patience will get the better of us to the point of being borderline fanatic as a result.

Like your statement above, if Mo continues to improve his game, I believe he will become a reckoning force in the league in the future.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#176 » by NotACat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:56 pm

SD2042 wrote:

+ Shooting
+ Shot Selection
+ Block Rate
+ Foul Rate
+ FTA
+ FT%

- Turnovers

It comes down to the right coaching and having belief that said player will have the confidence to believe in himself to work hard toward improving his game. Our problem as fans is lack of patience and this sense that Rome is build in a day. It doesn't work that way. Obviously our Rome is taking a long time to build and our patience will get the better of us to the point of being borderline fanatic as a result.

Like your statement above, if Mo continues to improve his game, I believe he will become a reckoning force in the league in the future.

I just can't wait till his weight comes along.
Black Lives Matter
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#177 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:55 pm

SD2042 wrote:

+ Shooting
+ Shot Selection
+ Block Rate
+ Foul Rate
+ FTA
+ FT%

- Turnovers

lack of a consistent motor and instinct are issues that adding weight will not fix. The first 20 games of the season a rookie gives us glimpses of what they’ll become so using that fact he’s what? A borderline starter? Hardly anything to get excited about or pin our hopes on. I truly hope I’m wrong.
#2A
#Adopt
Cosmic_Backlash
Junior
And1: 272

Post#178 » by Cosmic_Backlash » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:28 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:The first 20 games of the season a rookie gives us glimpses of what they’ll become so using that fact he’s what? A borderline starter? Hardly anything to get excited about or pin our hopes on. I truly hope I’m wrong.

you think extrapolating the first 20 games of a rookie season is a fact of what kind of player they will become? I mean this in the most respectful way, but that's kind of insane. I'm pretty sure you have 0 statistical evidence to make that claim.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#179 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:11 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

+ Shooting
+ Shot Selection
+ Block Rate
+ Foul Rate
+ FTA
+ FT%

- Turnovers

lack of a consistent motor and instinct are issues that adding weight will not fix. The first 20 games of the season a rookie gives us glimpses of what they’ll become so using that fact he’s what? A borderline starter? Hardly anything to get excited about or pin our hopes on. I truly hope I’m wrong.

People will misinterpret your post here, i still think it's too early to judge him but at the same time i get your point. For someone who will be elite you want to see some flashes of skills that have you thinking that. Like in Isaac's case if he puts it all together he was showing flashes of elite defense right away. Sometimes those flashes don't pan out (a lot of times) but it helps give people more faith in a player. So far Mo hasn't shown any flashes of being elite at anything to me.

He has long arms and that's a bit it. He can still become a very good player and it's silly to judge him at this point in his career but yeah i understand what you mean as well.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#180 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am

Bamba is elite shotblocker.
Now it just depends how valuable that skill is up to you, as fan of basketball to evaluate.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic