ImageImageImageImage

The orlando magic interested in trading for knicks point guard frank nitkinia per hoopshype

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

The orlando magic interested in trading for knicks point guard frank nitkinia per hoopshype 

Post#1 » by taj2133 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:30 pm

Ntilikina has seen his production wither over the last few weeks, with his playing time drawn down too. He’s been moved from the wing to the point and back, and fallen into a shooting slump, hitting 33.3 percent of his shots this season. Still, teams remain curious about the 2017 lottery pick, who is raw offensively but already a stout, long-limbed, defensive player who has shown advanced skill there. The Magic have shown interest in the 20-year-old, according to a league source, with a scout in Philadelphia last night watching him. “He’s intriguing,” a different scout said.
https://hoopshype.com/rumors/
https://theathletic.com/682899/2018/11/29/whos-in-the-rotation-for-the-knicks-it-changes-quickly-but-does-it-come-at-a-cost-to-their-long-term-rebuild/
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Re: The orlando magic interested in trading for knicks point guard frank nitkinia per hoopshype 

Post#2 » by Skybox » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:43 pm

Not Earth-shattering but definitely interesting...he's got the right wingspan.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Re: The orlando magic interested in trading for knicks point guard frank nitkinia per hoopshype 

Post#3 » by Def Swami » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:57 pm

2nd round pick at best
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,268

Post#4 » by pepe1991 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:05 am

from what i saw ,he has incredible defensive potential but that boy ain't pg.
I felt that way since first time i watched him vs my local team back in Europe, he was terrible in that game ( 1-7 FG ,remember it since i decided to pay close attention).

He really can't score from anywhere and can't shoot a lick.
Not sure how it would translate. upgrade over Grant, but who isn't?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#5 » by MoMM » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 am

I wouldn't trade a 2nd for him, but I'd trade Grant.

Not sure exactly where he fits, he doesn't have playmaking skills and can't shoot. What's his position so?

I just don't get it how he got drafted at #8, he seems a 2nd round pick that needs to stay some years in Europe before (hopefully) goes to the NBA.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#6 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 am

Gross
At the very least Grant spreads the floor.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#7 » by NickAnderson » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:57 am

pepe1991 wrote:from what i saw ,he has incredible defensive potential but that boy ain't pg.
I felt that way since first time i watched him vs my local team back in Europe, he was terrible in that game ( 1-7 FG ,remember it since i decided to pay close attention).

He really can't score from anywhere and can't shoot a lick.
Not sure how it would translate. upgrade over Grant, but who isn't?

Sounds like a Weham kinda player
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#8 » by Audi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:17 am

If we were to get him, whatever it cost us would say tons about weham
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#10 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:56 am

Why are we obsessed with players that have a very raw offensive game?? I dont get this franchise at all
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#11 » by bargnanimvp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:59 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:Why are we obsessed with players that have a very raw offensive game?? I dont get this franchise at all

It could just be they are making calls for someone they can get on the cheap this season to help out trying to make a play off run while not taking on big salary/moving key pieces.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Post#12 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:20 am

If you don’t think of Frank as a PG (moreso a perimeter player that can guard multiple positions) and the price is right... I don’t get what’s not to like.

He would be the youngest player on the team and we have zero guard prospects. He has immense physical tools you cant teach and I think he still has defensive upside.

I guess we’re too good to take on prospects now ? :lol: Either way, I won’t be losing sleep if I never have to see Grant play again
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#13 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:51 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:If you don’t think of Frank as a PG (moreso a perimeter player that can guard multiple positions) and the price is right... I don’t get what’s not to like.

He would be the youngest player on the team and we have zero guard prospects. He has immense physical tools you cant teach and I think he still has defensive upside.

I guess we’re too good to take on prospects now ? :lol: Either way, I won’t be losing sleep if I never have to see Grant play again

Exactly.... why does everyone act like players can't change.I remember Milwwaukee getting Khris Middleton as filler to the brandon jenning and knight trades. He was a prospect on a team... didn't look all that spectacular in his first season... had shown talent pre nba (and even then nothing too jaw dropping).... and had all the physical tools that you couldn't teach. WeHam snagged him from the pistons and now look who he has turned into.

Yes... he could have very well never developed.... but sometimes you can turn someones scraps into something good or even great. If the price is right.... Why not?!?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#14 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:If you don’t think of Frank as a PG (moreso a perimeter player that can guard multiple positions) and the price is right... I don’t get what’s not to like.

Frank is a zero guard prospect himself.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#15 » by bargnanimvp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:30 am

yoyojw17 wrote:

Exactly.... why does everyone act like players can't change.I remember Milwwaukee getting Khris Middleton as filler to the brandon jenning and knight trades. He was a prospect on a team... didn't look all that spectacular in his first season... had shown talent pre nba (and even then nothing too jaw dropping).... and had all the physical tools that you couldn't teach. WeHam snagged him from the pistons and now look who he has turned into.

Yes... he could have very well never developed.... but sometimes you can turn someones scraps into something good or even great. If the price is right.... Why not?!?
I think most people who have been negative have also said it all depends on price, if it's for a second rounder and grant sure why not he's young with physical tools but if it's for a first or ross or something that could have more value on the market then it's a big question mark because so far he's done nothing of note at any level of basketball. Some people are posting like he's an upgrade and good now which isn't true, he isn't a guy who has looked solid but is getting limited minutes or an odd roll he just flat out hasn't done anything at any level to look like he has an NBA skill set other than have length and athleticism. He's a decent prospect on that alone but need to be realistic in how raw he is and what his value is.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#16 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 am

bargnanimvp wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

I think most people who have been negative have also said it all depends on price, if it's for a second rounder and grant sure why not he's young with physical tools but if it's for a first or ross or something that could have more value on the market then it's a big question mark because so far he's done nothing of note at any level of basketball. Some people are posting like he's an upgrade and good now which isn't true, he isn't a guy who has looked solid but is getting limited minutes or an odd roll he just flat out hasn't done anything at any level to look like he has an NBA skill set other than have length and athleticism. He's a decent prospect on that alone but need to be realistic in how raw he is and what his value is.

Oh... i know the diff. I was mainly referring about those that str8 up just says no.... or just calls him garbage.

I get that he isn't good.... let alone great. but yup.... at a reasonable price.... i would take the chance. I wouldn't even expect anything. Shoot... he can come in and develop in practice for the rest of the season and us make briscoe the number 2 for all i care. I just think there is more to him... and i would like to see if we can pull it out of him.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#17 » by fendilim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 am

Frank Nicotine is a hell of a drug.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#18 » by cedric76 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:27 am

https://youtu.be/_p-7g3aZBIo

I d love to get him here, I m sure Evan + Vucevic would help him setttle in nicely

I watched him a lot and I still think that’s that he could be exactly what weham are looking for:

A 3 and D pg.

He has all the tools to become that

You can’t judge him with the NY iso **** system

He is only 20 and his ft% is a good indicator that he could become a real threat from 3pt.

His D isn’t questioned

I d happily trade them the okc pick or even Cleveland 2019 2nd (which will be pick #31, often more valuable than late 1st financially)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#19 » by woosah » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:28 am

This report is so attention seeking. It's not the magic way. So i would guess the knicks are out on him, as reported, and called the magic to see what could be done because there was rumored interest before when we had EP. The magic said lemme think about it, and sent someone to look a little closer. No terms were discussed and no imminent interest is there. Meanwhile, some big mouth puts it out to see if others may make an offer.

At least i hope this is it, since i do not want. A team with Frank and Iwundu? #lordha'mercy
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#20 » by MagicFrenchie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:55 am

I know this kid well and it would be great to get him for cheap. He has a good potential but he is being misused by the knicks , surrounded by ball hogs and having no systems to create plays.He's not an offensive minded player but his lenght can help him to score . He's a smart guy but a little bit shy, with clifford he could be something and with fournier and vooch to help him to settle here I think this would be a great addition . I think it's a little unfair to judge him after few years in the league .

Do it.

Return to Orlando Magic