ImageImageImageImage

The orlando magic interested in trading for knicks point guard frank nitkinia per hoopshype

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Re: The orlando magic interested in trading for knicks point guard frank nitkinia per hoopshype 

Post#21 » by MagicFrenchie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:57 am

Btw it's NTILIKINA :)
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Re: The orlando magic interested in trading for knicks point guard frank nitkinia per hoopshype 

Post#22 » by cedric76 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 am

MagicFrenchie wrote:I know this kid well and it would be great to get him for cheap. He has a good potential but he is being misused by the knicks , surrounded by ball hogs and having no systems to create plays.He's not an offensive minded player but his lenght can help him to score . He's a smart guy but a little bit shy, with clifford he could be something and with fournier and vooch to help him to settle here I think this would be a great addition . I think it's a little unfair to judge him after few years in the league .

Do it.

Steve would love him

Pic pick + Cleveland 2018 2nd + grant and we have a deal

Viens ici franky:-)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
MagicFrenchie
Senior

Post#23 » by MagicFrenchie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:56 am

wtf another french fellow? haha with evan , vooch , maybe frank and us we can start somethign in orlando :lol: ( oui c'est clair il ferait du bien le petit, il est mal utilisé aux knicks...)
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Post#24 » by cedric76 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 am

MagicFrenchie wrote:wtf another french fellow? haha with evan , vooch , maybe frank and us we can start somethign in orlando :lol: ( oui c'est clair il ferait du bien le petit, il est mal utilisé aux knicks...)

Knicks are poorly coached, Frank cant flourish with heavy iso plays and chuckers

I 'll telling you, the way we move the ball, Frank s 3pt % will increase straight away. And we wouldn't have to worry anymore about pg dropping 50 pts on us
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#25 » by drsd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:07 pm

woosah wrote:This report is so attention seeking. It's not the magic way. So i would guess the knicks are out on him, as reported, and called the magic to see what could be done because there was rumored interest before when we had EP. The magic said lemme think about it, and sent someone to look a little closer. No terms were discussed and no imminent interest is there. Meanwhile, some big mouth puts it out to see if others may make an offer.

At least i hope this is it, since i do not want. A team with Frank and Iwundu? #lordha'mercy

Perhaps the point is that the leak came from the Knicks side, not the Magic side.
MagicFrenchie
Senior

Post#26 » by MagicFrenchie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Magic scouts were seen at his games.
silent1900
Rookie
And1: 338

Post#27 » by silent1900 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Ntilikina and Fultz square off in a game of one-on-one....who wins?
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Post#28 » by Audi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:42 pm

silent1900 wrote:Ntilikina and Fultz square off in a game of one-on-one....who wins?

Ntilikina throws up bricks while Fultz spaz-flosses in the corner
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#29 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:08 pm

silent1900 wrote:Ntilikina and Fultz square off in a game of one-on-one....who wins?

Nobody wins

Audi wrote:

Ntilikina throws up bricks while Fultz spaz-flosses in the corner

LMAO. Our standards are so low
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#30 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:16 pm

I doubt the Knicks trade him unless they get Isaac.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#31 » by drsd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 pm

basketballRob wrote:I doubt the Knicks trade him unless they get Isaac.

The Knicks roster is such a mess that I think the team could consider i) reducing payroll and ii) acquiring 1sts as a path forward.

That could mean something like Lance Thomas and Ntilikina for Simmons, Grant, next years first (project around 12) and the OKC pick.

That trade only makes sense though if the Knicks do not see Ntilikina as a player they imagine as a core piece moving forward. That said, it is hard to see the Knicks getting a better offer than that for him.

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#32 » by NotACat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Moving Ntilikina for someone like JSimms ($1 million guaranteed) will mean they have over $60 million in cap space in the summer. They'll probably want to be active this summer because they won't have much flexibility in upcoming years because of the contract Porzingis will demand.
Black Lives Matter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#33 » by Knightro » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 pm

It's a salary dump for the Knicks and the Magic should treat it accordingly. Nothing more than an unwanted player or two (Grant, Martin) and a 2nd round pick.

They want to move on and Frankie is locked in for 4.9M next season because the Knicks picked up his option before the season.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#34 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:30 pm

I don't really want Frank but I'd still like the Magic to make a move for him just to show awareness of our terrible PG situation.

If we're talking "new scenery" as the catalyst for change, I'd put my money on Fultz over Ntilikina since Fultz has actually shown elite basketball skills in the past.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#35 » by MoMM » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:52 pm

drsd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:That could mean something like Lance Thomas and Ntilikina for Simmons, Grant, next years first (project around 12) and the OKC pick..

Are you kidding me? 2 1st round picks for Frank and a useless guy that makes 7mi next year too?

BTW, it's not time to trade Simmons, his value is all-time low.
Raider_MXD
Senior
And1: 75

Post#36 » by Raider_MXD » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Sorry, but I don't want that guy here. His FG% is worse than the 3P% league average and he's not much of a playmaker either.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,709

Post#37 » by thelead » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:11 pm

They can keep Frank then.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#38 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:20 pm

thelead wrote:

What?! Again if they think they’re getting Isaac for Frank then they’re smoking Some good ****
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#39 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
thelead wrote:

What?! Again if they think they’re getting Isaac for Frank then they’re smoking Some good ****

I really doubt a franchise can be "Out" on a player and expect anything of real value. Isaac i producing much more that frank by miles... injuries and all.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,810

Post#40 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Do not want

Return to Orlando Magic