ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 24: Orlando Magic (11-12) at Miami Heat (9-13)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Re: Regular Season Game 24: Orlando Magic (11-12) at Miami Heat (9-13) 

Post#241 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:51 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we turned the ball over after halftime after 11 1st half turnovers. That was key.
aka: prorl
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#242 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:53 am

We did a great job shutting down their paint game and stopped the live ball turnovers in the 2nd half. Our offense got into a groove thanks to our defense. I am really glad the Magic brought Coach Clifford here to mold this team. It took time but you can start to see the team play disciplined on both ends. We have been very enjoyable to watch so far this year.

Hope we can get revenge on Denver tomorrow night.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,799

Post#243 » by IllMagic04 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:54 am

Solid win. That defense was crazy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using RealGM mobile app
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#244 » by Knightro » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:55 am

I'm just thrilled the Magic won without needing Vucevic to completely dominate the game.

He's having an awesome year, but it's unrealistic to expect him to be all-NBA caliber *every* night. Good to see multiple other guys step up.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#245 » by fendilim » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:55 am

ji does the little things that doesnt show up in the box score.

Definitely think he won us this game. Ag had a great game too, but I feel like JI was the fireman against the heat’s run.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#246 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:56 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we turned the ball over after halftime after 11 1st half turnovers. That was key.

Outside 2 shot clock turnovers, Bamba turned the ball over in the 4th. None-the-less, spectacular ball control by the Magic.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#247 » by basketballRob » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:57 am

mattyBoi wrote:JI is so good. Vuc continues his great season after a rough start, he was rock solid tonight.

This issue Bamba has is he is so aloof on the court. It's like his head isn't in the game.
Remember how Gordon couldn't make a shot as a rookie and all the Gordon is a bust talk. Bamba will get better too. I think he needs to add some more muscle and play with more aggression.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using RealGM mobile app
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#248 » by NickAnderson » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:01 am

Bamba needs a confidence boost. G league for a month or two? Can you do that in the middle of the season? Serious question
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#249 » by RookieStar » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:03 am

Yup Bamba will get better. I mean look at JI now compared to hin last year when he was a scrawny kid. Worlds apart.

Still my only complaint is Bambas motor. I mean i cant judge accurately by just looking but the effort doesnt seem to be there. As a rook I would think you would do everything 110% and eager to.please.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#250 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:03 am

We have a good team. Good win.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#251 » by Knightro » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:03 am

NickAnderson wrote:Bamba needs a confidence boost. G league for a month or two? Can you do that in the middle of the season? Serious question

They can, but he's not going to Lakeland and he shouldn't.

His head is spinning right now and it's leading to some really ugly basketball, but he'll get better.

It certainly doesn't help that he plays the majority of his minutes with Grant who has Stevie Wonder caliber vision as a passer.

Bamba appears to the kind of guy who's effort defensively seems directly tied to his ability to get up shots offensively right now. Getting a point guard in here who can actually throw a lob would be great for Mo.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#252 » by Knightro » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:05 am

Read on Twitter
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#253 » by NickAnderson » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:06 am

Knightro wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:Bamba needs a confidence boost. G league for a month or two? Can you do that in the middle of the season? Serious question

They can, but he's not going to Lakeland and he shouldn't.

His head is spinning right now and it's leading to some really ugly basketball, but he'll get better.

It certainly doesn't help that he plays the majority of his minutes with Grant who has Stevie Wonder caliber vision as a passer.

Bamba appears to the kind of guy who's effort defensively seems directly tied to his ability to get up shots offensively right now. Getting a point guard in here who can actually throw a lob would be great for Mo.

Trade for J wall. Seriously tho I hear ya. We won so I’m not mad
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,691

Post#254 » by GameOver25 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:12 am

Just came to say it always feels good to "beat the heat".
Good night.
NxtGr8MagicCntr
Senior
And1: 573

Post#255 » by NxtGr8MagicCntr » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:12 am

Not gonna lie, wasnt a huge cliff fan when we hired him after that 3 week no coach hiatus after vogel. He had made me a believer. He has made these good for nothing scum bags into a coheseive unit for the first time in 6 years. The magic are playing good basketball because maybe we have had a competent coach?

We had 2 rookie coaches, crazy skiles and PG13Vogel. We finally have a decent coach where plays are ran and defenses rotate??? Unheard of. Plus they listen to him thats another bonus. Maybe just maybe, our players are the ones that grow into those stars that bud elsewhere after we trade them. Seriously the magic can read screens and run plays, thats a huge bonus from past years and all of you know this. End rant. Cliff for prez
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#256 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:17 am

RookieStar wrote:Yup Bamba will get better. I mean look at JI now compared to hin last year when he was a scrawny kid. Worlds apart.

Still my only complaint is Bambas motor. I mean i cant judge accurately by just looking but the effort doesnt seem to be there. As a rook I would think you would do everything 110% and eager to.please.

I agree that Bamba will get better, but they are two completely different players as rookies. Isaac was able to make a big impact as a rookie defensively last year. He was scrawny, but he made an impact and it was clear.

Bamba looks lost, unengaged, and honestly lacks effort a lot of the time. He hasn't made an impact offensively or defensively whatsoever. His motor was a question coming out of college and if he is going to be the player he wants to become it's going to have to change. Just compare him to a guy like Bam who was playing at a 100 miles an hour tonight. Even Isaac plays with so much effort on both ends and crashes the glass hard.

Bamba just doesn't play with the intensity and doesn't have a quarter of the IQ that Isaac did even as a rookie. I'm still high on him but he has a lot of work to do.
Nightman
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,056

Post#257 » by Nightman » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:30 am

Don’t discount a 15 pt road win against a team that’ll be potentially competing against us for a playoff spot. Big W for us.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Post#258 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:51 am

PrimeThyme wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Yup Bamba will get better. I mean look at JI now compared to hin last year when he was a scrawny kid. Worlds apart.

I agree that Bamba will get better, but they are two completely different players as rookies. Isaac was able to make a big impact as a rookie defensively last year. He was scrawny, but he made an impact and it was clear.

Bamba looks lost, unengaged, and honestly lacks effort a lot of the time. He hasn't made an impact offensively or defensively whatsoever. His motor was a question coming out of college and if he is going to be the player he wants to become it's going to have to change. Just compare him to a guy like Bam who was playing at a 100 miles an hour tonight. Even Isaac plays with so much effort on both ends and crashes the glass hard.

Bamba just doesn't play with the intensity and doesn't have a quarter of the IQ that Isaac did even as a rookie. I'm still high on him but he has a lot of work to do.
I'll tell you what, im not high on him anymore at all. As a matter of fact when he was blocked by effing DWade at the rim that was the tipping point for me this year. That has nothing to do with age, or weight, or "being raw" that is just pure lack of a motor, lack of interest, IQ whatever you want to call it. Cliff is giving him the mins including during important stretches so theres no excuse at all.

Moving forward though I have absolutely zero expectations. Ill give him props when he does well and i want him to succeed but its whatever. With all the **** Evan rightfully gets he's at least playing hard and defending.

JI is an absolute stud on,defense. Hes hustling, hitting shots, and making great defensive plays. I don't know what orlando is going to do but its going to suck if we lose Nik and Ross in the off-season.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#259 » by orlando1214 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:52 am

Good win against a team who will also be fighting to get into the playoffs like the Magic most likely will. I continue to be very happy and impressed by Clifford. He once again made adjustments and fixed issues at halftime to get the team playing better. It's refreshing to see that since we all know far too well how this team would often quit when they were struggling, but it seems like this group has totally bought into Cliff and will continue to fight and play hard no matter what.

AG had a great 2nd half and I was also very impressed with Issac. He continues to look more comfortable out on the floor and he played very intelligently on both ends of the floor.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#260 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:57 am

fendilim wrote:ji does the little things that doesnt show up in the box score.

Definitely think he won us this game. Ag had a great game too, but I feel like JI was the fireman against the heat’s run.

Agreed. He did his thing on the offensive end.... but set the tone on the defensive end.

That lineup of ?-Ross-JI-Gordon-Vuc killed it in the second half!! But there was a that stuck out to me where JI switched onto Bam, Olynyk (i wanna say those 2) and then onto Richardson.... forcing Richardson into an airball. Appreciated the crap out of that one.

Great game! Looked like a$$ in the first half and still kept it close.... then blew it wide open in the second half.

Return to Orlando Magic