ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘18-19’: XX: Year of the Vuc

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘18-19’: XX: Year of the Vuc 

Post#161 » by MoMM » Sat Dec 8, 2018 11:27 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
Skin wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:The good news is this type of transformation:

Spoiler:

Can still be in the cards for Mo if he puts in the work in the weight room these next few offseasons. If he does and his intensity and engagement on defense gets better I'm confident that he can be a great defender in this league one day. && a very good offensive one too. Him getting bigger is really just going to help every facet of his game. Rebounding, Post position on offense and defense, etc.

Mighty Mo is definitely going to be a force once he fills out his man suit.

He will be a force when in Year 4 of his rookie deal we decline his rookie option because we didn't give him minutes to develop and see what he has. Spends 4 years on the bench backing up Vuc.... leaves for greener pastures. Magic start Rebuild 4.0 in 2022-2023 with Martin's promise of a title by 2030 coming to fruition.

I think that averaging 20mpg is fair to develop. He shouldn't get starter minutes if he is not ready in terms of skills and physical.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#162 » by MoMM » Sat Dec 8, 2018 11:34 am

magicman112 wrote:
Tarheel wrote:Shame, would have liked to see us move for Hill.

Big package though, Henson, Delly, a FRP and a SRP. Wouldn’t have wanted to beat that for him. Bucks save a wedge next year now.

Yeah Hill is a decent player but a second AND a first and two players? Yeah a bit steep.

Yes, I wouldn't want Orlando to beat this offer. That's a lot and we are not trying to win the championship this season. Our draft picks should be higher than Bucks', so it's even harder to make this deal work.

I want this team to get better this year and get a good backup PG, but I don't wanna pay big bucks for that.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#163 » by KillMonger » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:51 pm

im good with the minutes he's getting i just want him more involved......if bamba is only playing 18-20 minutes then i would run pick and roll/pop virtually every play
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#164 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:51 pm

MoMM wrote:
magicman112 wrote:
Tarheel wrote:Shame, would have liked to see us move for Hill.

Big package though, Henson, Delly, a FRP and a SRP. Wouldn’t have wanted to beat that for him. Bucks save a wedge next year now.

Yeah Hill is a decent player but a second AND a first and two players? Yeah a bit steep.

Yes, I wouldn't want Orlando to beat this offer. That's a lot and we are not trying to win the championship this season. Our draft picks should be higher than Bucks', so it's even harder to make this deal work.

I want this team to get better this year and get a good backup PG, but I don't wanna pay big bucks for that.

We've got a pretty decent backup point guard. Unfortunately, he's starting for us at the moment.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,768

Post#165 » by Audi » Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:30 am

Heard a portion of an interview with Cliff on XM NBA Radio today...some parts I recall:

- hosts (David Griffin was one) had great things to say about Clifford as a coach and Orlando as an upcoming team: “not the same team as old...been down for many many years but coming back up and look out”

- Cliff said (I think) Isaac is “two weeks” (or two months - sorry can’t remember haha) away from showing just how much he’s learned over the last two or so months training....thinks he’ll get his shot % up...one of the best defensive awareness players out there...Issac has been working with team who brought up Kemba

- AG high praise from hosts, Cliff said easily one of the hardest workers he has encountered

- Cliff said Simmons hadn’t touched a ball all offseason and into training camp due to the surgery and is JUST NOW starting to get into playing form.

Wish I paid better attention/caught the whole thing...I was working :/
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#166 » by woosah » Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:45 am

Audi wrote:Heard a portion of an interview with Cliff on XM NBA Radio today...some parts I recall:

- hosts (David Griffin was one) had great things to say about Clifford as a coach and Orlando as an upcoming team: “not the same team as old...been down for many many years but coming back up and look out”

- Cliff said (I think) Isaac is “two weeks” (or two months - sorry can’t remember haha) away from showing just how much he’s learned over the last two or so months training....thinks he’ll get his shot % up...one of the best defensive awareness players out there...Issac has been working with team who brought up Kemba

- AG high praise from hosts, Cliff said easily one of the hardest workers he has encountered

- Cliff said Simmons hadn’t touched a ball all offseason and into training camp due to the surgery and is JUST NOW starting to get into playing form.

He had wrist surgery the end of April. It takes 5 months to heal from that? Is it another surgery after that?
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#167 » by OrlandO » Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:56 am

woosah wrote:
Audi wrote:Heard a portion of an interview with Cliff on XM NBA Radio today...some parts I recall:

He had wrist surgery the end of April. It takes 5 months to heal from that? Is it another surgery after that?

Nope... just took that long, which shows it was probably a pretty significant injury. So makes you wonder... is he sucking because of not playing so long or because the wrist is damaged goods for now. I've heard other players with wrist injuries say it took a year to feel normal again...
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#168 » by OrlandO » Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:58 am

Strange timing to say Simmons is now getting into playing form. Last four games... 2.8 ppg (23% fg / 14% 3pt) in 22 mpg. He looks worse than ever.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Post#169 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:45 pm

Solid Snake wrote:im good with the minutes he's getting i just want him more involved......if bamba is only playing 18-20 minutes then i would run pick and roll/pop virtually every play
Veering from whats been working is neither smart nor realistic. He needs to learn how to play within the system not gifted shots. The getting involved part is all on him.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#170 » by Knightro » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#171 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:50 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
woosah wrote:Our gms watching paint dry still evaluating...

Gotta evaluate Grant man.
8-)

Backup PG's flattened out........
aka: prorl
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,575

Post#172 » by 3ddman23 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 7:13 pm

Just look at the current playoff standings and man it's going to be really tough to outlast Washington & miami if they start stringing together wins. There really is no let up we cant go on any sort of losing streak or it could be the deciding factor in the standings.
GO MAGIC
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#173 » by MagicMatic » Sun Dec 9, 2018 9:53 pm

The Orlando Magic Podcast on the AlmightyBaller network was a good listen. They answer the question : Should Orlando trade Vucevic?

Coming from two obvious homers they both had the right idea.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#174 » by Ducklett » Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:13 pm

MagicMatic wrote:The Orlando Magic Podcast on the AlmightyBaller network was a good listen. They answer the question : Should Orlando trade Vucevic?

What was the answer?
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#175 » by MagicMatic » Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:15 pm

Ducklett wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:The Orlando Magic Podcast on the AlmightyBaller network was a good listen. They answer the question : Should Orlando trade Vucevic?

What was the answer?

That they were both going to seriously question management if Vuc isn’t traded by the deadline. To get Bamba as much needed prep as possible, but that we need to move on as a franchise from Vuc and his return is at an all time high.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#176 » by Def Swami » Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:38 pm

I'm just not sure what they can get for Vucevic. He's playing really well, but his contract is expiring, which dampens any trade value he may have for a team that can just sign him in the off-season and retain assets. He'd have to go to a team that is desperate to make a deep playoff run and needs help at center. Maybe Boston? Maybe LA? Dallas could be an interesting trade partner.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#177 » by p0peye » Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:45 pm

Def Swami wrote:I'm just not sure what they can get for Vucevic. He's playing really well, but his contract is expiring, which dampens any trade value he may have for a team that can just sign him in the off-season and retain assets. He'd have to go to a team that is desperate to make a deep playoff run and needs help at center. Maybe Boston? Maybe LA? Dallas could be an interesting trade partner.

Lakers.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#178 » by bargnanimvp » Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:48 pm

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
Skin wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:The good news is this type of transformation:

Spoiler:

Can still be in the cards for Mo if he puts in the work in the weight room these next few offseasons. If he does and his intensity and engagement on defense gets better I'm confident that he can be a great defender in this league one day. && a very good offensive one too. Him getting bigger is really just going to help every facet of his game. Rebounding, Post position on offense and defense, etc.

Mighty Mo is definitely going to be a force once he fills out his man suit.

He will be a force when in Year 4 of his rookie deal we decline his rookie option because we didn't give him minutes to develop and see what he has. Spends 4 years on the bench backing up Vuc.... leaves for greener pastures. Magic start Rebuild 4.0 in 2022-2023 with Martin's promise of a title by 2030 coming to fruition.

Have to question whether you even watch orlando games or just want to act the fool stanning bamba here? He's averaging 18mpg, gets gassed, get's taken to defensively in a lot of games, has shown effort issues. I mean he's a solid prospect but ease up on acting like he isn't getting playing time. What do you want them to do with him right now? He clearly isn't ready to start or play big minutes especially on a team that's winning games and doesn't have a shot at being one of the very bottom teams in the league.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#179 » by bargnanimvp » Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:49 pm

p0peye wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I'm just not sure what they can get for Vucevic. He's playing really well, but his contract is expiring, which dampens any trade value he may have for a team that can just sign him in the off-season and retain assets. He'd have to go to a team that is desperate to make a deep playoff run and needs help at center. Maybe Boston? Maybe LA? Dallas could be an interesting trade partner.

Lakers.

Do they have any thing worth trading for?
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#180 » by p0peye » Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:50 pm

bargnanimvp wrote:
p0peye wrote:

Lakers.

Do they have any thing worth trading for?

Have no idea, but them Lakers will be desperate to make playoffs alright.

Return to Orlando Magic