ImageImageImageImage

Trade deadline predictions for the magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Re: Trade deadline predictions for the magic 

Post#201 » by fendilim » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:17 am

I expect a lot to be disappointed this TD.

minor trade and make a push for the playoffs.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#202 » by orlando1214 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:20 am

OrlandoDream wrote:
orlando1214 wrote:I have a feeling the front office won't do anything and we'll get some incredibly frustrating quote from Weltman. I just don't have any faith in them at the moment. The whole "evaluating" stage taking 2 years is a joke, and I really think the only plan they have to build a competitive roster is to hope they draft the next Giannis.

If a deal does happen, I agree that at the very most we'll get Simmon's and a 2nd moved for a player like Frank Ntilikina. I could possibly see a trade built around Ross and Fultz, just because I think Philly knows they need a bit more to win the East, but I really don't think the front office will trade Ross. I definitely don't see any trades involving Vuc or BIG happening, and nobody wants Fournier.

No way in hell were getting Nikilita for that garbage package. Simmons is not an NBA player and teams around the league know this. He is just awful. Knicks will prob try to move Nikilita in the offseason. I also dont see us moving Vuc or Ross unless its for an offer that will increase our PO hopes.

Maybe they will wait. The point of the Simmons deal isn't for the Knicks to get Simmons. It's his contract they would want and the fact that he is only owed $1 million of his deal next year, cutting even more salary cap space for the Knicks. I personally wouldn't give up any more for Nikilita. He hasn't shown enough to warrant more than that. If the Knicks can get more than that as you think, then maybe they should wait, I'm not going to be upset about not getting Nikilita.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#203 » by OrlandO » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:35 am

OrlandoDream wrote:
orlando1214 wrote:I agree that at the very most we'll get Simmon's and a 2nd moved for a player like Frank Ntilikina.

No way in hell were getting Nikilita for that garbage package. Simmons is not an NBA player and teams around the league know this. He is just awful. Knicks will prob try to move Nikilita in the offseason.

lol Frank is the same tier of player as Grant and Simmons, so it would be garbage for garbage. Knicks do it because they can save 4 more million in cap by waiving Simmons and also get a 2nd rounder. I don't know why the magic do it.... fetish for length and developing players who can't shoot for other teams?
fbeye343
Junior
And1: 81

Post#204 » by fbeye343 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:07 am

Would you do a Vucevic and filler for Monk and Charlottes lottery protected first round pick this year?
fbeye343
Junior
And1: 81

Post#205 » by fbeye343 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:18 am

Another trade idea:

Fournier for a Rockets lottery protected first round pick this year plus Brandon Knight
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#206 » by drsd » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:15 am

fbeye343 wrote:Another trade idea:

Fournier for a Rockets lottery protected first round pick this year plus Brandon Knight

This further unbalances the roster, and assuming Ross starts, this also cripples bench depth. It only makes sense if Grant and Simmons are traded for a wing upgrade of Fournier's qualities. Thus, why not just trade Grant and Simmons for Brandon Knight (no pick)?

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#207 » by fendilim » Tue Feb 5, 2019 9:12 am

OrlandO wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
orlando1214 wrote:I agree that at the very most we'll get Simmon's and a 2nd moved for a player like Frank Ntilikina.

No way in hell were getting Nikilita for that garbage package. Simmons is not an NBA player and teams around the league know this. He is just awful. Knicks will prob try to move Nikilita in the offseason.

lol Frank is the same tier of player as Grant and Simmons, so it would be garbage for garbage. Knicks do it because they can save 4 more million in cap by waiving Simmons and also get a 2nd rounder. I don't know why the magic do it.... fetish for length and developing players who can't shoot for other teams?

One thing Frank has compared to the other players is he is younger than both. So yeah, i think they would want some compensation for his youth.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#208 » by cedric76 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:08 pm

I really hope we get frank or fultz

Move Ross for best u can get, I do not want to love/resign him this summer
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#209 » by MagicMatic » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:13 pm

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#210 » by NotACat » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:23 pm

cedric76 wrote:I really hope we get frank or fultz

Move Ross for best u can get, I do not want to love/resign him this summer

I really think the Sixers will hang on to Fultz until they need to shed his contract for another max, so the earliest I see him being moved is July
Black Lives Matter
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#211 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:59 pm

drsd wrote:

This further unbalances the roster, and assuming Ross starts, this also cripples bench depth. It only makes sense if Grant and Simmons are traded for a wing upgrade of Fournier's qualities. Thus, why not just trade Grant and Simmons for Brandon Knight (no pick)?

He doesn't care about roster unbalance. A balanced team with no future is just as bad as a unbalanced team with no future.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#212 » by Skin » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:09 pm

fbeye343 wrote:Would you do a Vucevic and filler for Monk and Charlottes lottery protected first round pick this year?

Yes. Don't even like Monk, but yes I would. :nod:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
drsd
RealGM

Post#213 » by drsd » Tue Feb 5, 2019 9:02 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
drsd wrote:

He doesn't care about roster unbalance. A balanced team with no future is just as bad as a unbalanced team with no future.

I am also not against roster unbalance this year given the unlikelihood the Magic can make the playoffs. But ultimately this is a trade of Fournier for a low 1st-round draft pick. And that's a bad trade.

IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#214 » by IllMagic04 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 9:24 pm

drsd wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
drsd wrote:

I am also not against roster unbalance this year given the unlikelihood the Magic can make the playoffs. But ultimately this is a trade of Fournier for a low 1st-round draft pick. And that's a bad trade.

Why is that a bad trade. Have you seen Evan play this year? Trading him gets us out of his contract earlier and a pick even its a late first rounder is a help. Its good for Fournier too.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#215 » by jayrehme » Wed Feb 6, 2019 12:23 am

Well with Bamba getting hurt and teams waiting on Anthony Davis (Vuc would be their backup plan), I don't see any major deals going down at the deadline. I wouldn't mind packaging our pick for a player like Conley myself.... or just adding a guard with potential like Nkilitina somehow.
drsd
RealGM

Post#216 » by drsd » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:38 am

Aaron Gordon and the Magic 1st for Anthony Davis.

Fultz/Augustin/Briscoe
Fournier/Ross
Isaac/Iwundu
Davis/vet/2nd-round pick
Vučević/Bamba/Birch/Mozgov

I like this team:

Return to Orlando Magic