ImageImageImageImage

Nikola Vucevic named 2019 NBA ALL-STAR, 8th in Orlando Magic history

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Re: Nikola Vucevic named 2019 NBA ALL-STAR, 8th in Orlando Magic history 

Post#121 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:33 am

He's going to have to lead us to the Playoffs if he wants some respect from the media. Commentators didn't mention us once during the broadcast.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#122 » by OrlandO » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:27 am

Vuc in the Ringer's top 25

There’s nothing exciting about a post-up big man. As evidence, I present to you Vucevic’s two nicknames on file at Basketball-Reference: “Vooch” and “Nik.” But the Orlando center’s production this season it too impressive to ignore, by coaches (who tabbed Vucevic for his first All-Star Game) and our panelists. Only five players are averaging 20 points and 12 rebounds this season, and that list includes three perennial MVP candidates; one player with the pedigree to one day be a perennial MVP candidate; and our guy Vooch. Not trading Vucevic, a pending free agent, ahead of the trade deadline may not have been a wise move by a team now five games under .500, but we get why the Magic did it.

Read on Twitter
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,032

Post#123 » by MagicMatic » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:05 am

OrlandO wrote:Vuc in the Ringer's top 25

There’s nothing exciting about a post-up big man. As evidence, I present to you Vucevic’s two nicknames on file at Basketball-Reference: “Vooch” and “Nik.” But the Orlando center’s production this season it too impressive to ignore, by coaches (who tabbed Vucevic for his first All-Star Game) and our panelists. Only five players are averaging 20 points and 12 rebounds this season, and that list includes three perennial MVP candidates; one player with the pedigree to one day be a perennial MVP candidate; and our guy Vooch. Not trading Vucevic, a pending free agent, ahead of the trade deadline may not have been a wise move by a team now five games under .500, but we get why the Magic did it.

Read on Twitter

“Wasn’t a wise move by not trading him, but we get why they did it.”

Yeah sounds about right. Congrats to Vuc for getting recognition after all these years. Slim chance management puts a team around him that actually accomplishes anything other than a playoff appearance. 3-4 years from now will people care that Vuc was at an allstar game when we are in our next rebuild still searching for a star?

He’s worked his a** off to get here (and that’s great), but where does Orlando as an organization go from here?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,305

Post#124 » by pepe1991 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:01 am

fendilim wrote:Any of you guys named Zach Harper? Haha
https://www.instagram.com/orlandomagicwave/p/BuAgRxNFUBz/

In mean time it's fine by him that Kyle Lowry is allstar because of name recognition, in mean time same Kyle Lowry got fat again, is averaging 14 ppg and shoots pathetic 41% FG, 32% for 3 yet here he is - "allstar".
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#125 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:08 pm

A true classy and loyal Magician.

Vucevic felt a great sense of pride representing the Magic organization and the city of Orlando during all-star weekend.

“It’s really hard to explain to how it feels for me to be selected to go there and also to represent the Orlando Magic there. It just means so much to me,” Vucevic said after Thursday’s win over the Hornets. “I know it’s just me there, but on my jersey it will have the Magic logo, I’ll be representing the whole organization, [and] my teammates and everybody. It’s a very proud moment for me. I really couldn’t have done it without my teammates to get there. I appreciate their support.

“Like I always say, I’ll be proud to represent the Magic and the city of Orlando there.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-vucevic-all-star-game-0218-story.html

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#126 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:29 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:A true classy and loyal Magician.

Vucevic felt a great sense of pride representing the Magic organization and the city of Orlando during all-star weekend.

“It’s really hard to explain to how it feels for me to be selected to go there and also to represent the Orlando Magic there. It just means so much to me,” Vucevic said after Thursday’s win over the Hornets. “I know it’s just me there, but on my jersey it will have the Magic logo, I’ll be representing the whole organization, [and] my teammates and everybody. It’s a very proud moment for me. I really couldn’t have done it without my teammates to get there. I appreciate their support.

“Like I always say, I’ll be proud to represent the Magic and the city of Orlando there.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-vucevic-all-star-game-0218-story.html

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It was a nice moment after all the turmoil we've had to deal with post-Dwight.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#127 » by fklt » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:38 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:He didn't get to play much and nobody passed him the ball, but at least we had representation.

yeah off-court he was getting some love but none in the actual game. **** deangelo in particular :lol: his only two made shots were both assisted by vuc, and for some reason everytime vuc was open, ball was in his hands. he chose to chuck defended shots instead.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#128 » by InFlames » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Zach Harper is a moron and I was actually triggered by his tweet.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,241

Post#129 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,241

Post#130 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm

InFlames wrote:Zach Harper is a moron and I was actually triggered by his tweet.

What did he say?
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#131 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter