ImageImageImageImage

Nikola Vucevic named 2019 NBA ALL-STAR, 8th in Orlando Magic history

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Re: Nikola Vucevic named 2019 NBA ALL-STAR, 8th in Orlando Magic history 

Post#61 » by doct3r dr3 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:01 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#62 » by MagicMadness » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:30 pm

I have no idea if the Magic are trying to trade Vuc, but they can't do it before the ASG now, right...?

That would be a terrible look. We haven't had an All-Star since Dwight; we need Vuc there representing Orlando.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,126

Post#63 » by pepe1991 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:43 pm

MagicMadness wrote:I have no idea if the Magic are trying to trade Vuc, but they can't do it before the ASG now, right...?

That would be a terrible look. We haven't had an All-Star since Dwight; we need Vuc there representing Orlando.

They for sure can't trade him AFTER allstar game...

Spoiler:
trade deadline is in 6 days, allstar game is at February 17 . He is UFA so they can't trade him offseason
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by MagicMadness » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:47 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicMadness wrote:I have no idea if the Magic are trying to trade Vuc, but they can't do it before the ASG now, right...?

Spoiler:
trade deadline is in 6 days, allstar game is at February 17 . He is UFA so they can't trade him offseason

Dang. Now we're in quite the pickle.

Glad I don't run the show.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#65 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:58 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Spoiler:

I think Vuc is loyal to a fault... they will have to tell him to leave if they want to go a new direction.

Read on Twitter

Yes, I know Kyler is just an annoying tweet head, but if there's anything I pay attention to from him it's stuff he says is coming from a magic player's side as he's a local and always has a good relationship with magic players.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#66 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:42 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Just a notion that people here want to get rid of :
21 ppg
12 rpg
3,8 apg
58% TS

player just to "promote" guy who looks like dumbed down Dedmon in rookie year is laughable enough.
Ones who "blame" him for Ls are in league of their own when it comes to braindead hate.

Well deserved, go get that $$$ now.

They can put some of their salt on that crow they’re eating.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,093

Post#67 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Feb 1, 2019 4:20 pm

OrlandO wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Spoiler:

I think Vuc is loyal to a fault... they will have to tell him to leave if they want to go a new direction.

Read on Twitter

Yes, I know Kyler is just an annoying tweet head, but if there's anything I pay attention to from him it's stuff he says is coming from a magic player's side as he's a local and always has a good relationship with magic players.

Vuc is in a great spot to be right now and the FO is in a Horrible spot. He knows he isn't getting traded, was just named an all star and will get paid in the summer. FO knows they can't trade him, not sure if he would take a team friendly deal and just drafted who they thought would come in and be able to play more than 16MPG.

You'd say Vuc is a smart man, he can look at this Magic roster and know if he were to res-sign that wouldn't leave Orlando much room to improve the roster outside of 2019 pick and what 10-13M in Cap Space. If he wants to make playoffs and has championship aspirations he would be smart to leave Orlando considering the scenario.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,682

Post#68 » by MagicMatic » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:04 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Vuc is in a great spot to be right now and the FO is in a Horrible spot. He knows he isn't getting traded, was just named an all star and will get paid in the summer. FO knows they can't trade him, not sure if he would take a team friendly deal and just drafted who they thought would come in and be able to play more than 16MPG.

You'd say Vuc is a smart man, he can look at this Magic roster and know if he were to res-sign that wouldn't leave Orlando much room to improve the roster outside of 2019 pick and what 10-13M in Cap Space. If he wants to make playoffs and has championship aspirations he would be smart to leave Orlando considering the scenario.

Of course Vuc is happy in Orlando. He can be an allstar being able to shoot 15-20 times a night without having another player take away his contribution. Resigning with Orlando is smart because what does the market even look like for Centers with his skill set? He’s going to probably retire here and Orlando will never make it past the first round of the playoffs because they won’t rebuild again with him at the helm.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#69 » by Xatticus » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:22 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:Remember during the Skiles year when his rebounding way way down and people tried telling me it was because he was finally playing defense the right way? Like I was some sort of moron for not understanding that. Well I think we can all agree that he's playing his best defense ever this year, by far. He's among league leaders in box outs (so he's not just haphazardly chasing rebounds and not putting a body on people). Yet he's averaging a career high in rebounds. The reality is, he just wasn't rebounding well that year.

He's having a really good year, but we're insane if we double down on this.

His rebounding is up because of Clifford's defensive scheme. He has our centers camping in the paint a lot more. The more time you spend in the paint, the higher your rebound rates will be. A perfect example of this is Sabonis. He didn't forget how to rebound in his one year in OKC. He was simply utilized differently.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#70 » by fklt » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:31 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Just a notion that people here want to get rid of :
21 ppg
12 rpg
3,8 apg
58% TS

player just to "promote" guy who looks like dumbed down Dedmon in rookie year is laughable enough.
Ones who "blame" him for Ls are in league of their own when it comes to braindead hate.

Well deserved, go get that $$$ now.

They can put some of their salt on that crow they’re eating.

nobody ever eats crow, they just shut up until they find that new angle that lets them claim they've been right from the start. there is plenty of salt to go around though.

anyways, looking at that twitter announcement of vuc's achievements, never knew about the concept of screen assists. seems pretty cool. aside from the regular screens where we see a screener block the driver's man above the arc, I've seen many times vuc screen his own defender to create either a driving lane or a shooting opportunity for a driver that somehow manages to shake his own defender. this leads to so many easy points, but I always counted it as one of those little contributions that doesn't show up on the boxscore. turns out there's a stat for that, and numbers expectedly validate the eye test. showing vuc as one of the league leaders, ranking #3.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#71 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:56 pm

Granted it's the AS game and no defense and not a real game, but seeing Vuc with actually talented players on his team will be cool to watch.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#72 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:21 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Granted it's the AS game and no defense and not a real game, but seeing Vuc with actually talented players on his team will be cool to watch.

I think it's expected for Vuc to be picked last by the captains, but it would be pretty interesting if he wasn't...
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,944

Post#73 » by p0peye » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:57 pm

OrlandO wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:Granted it's the AS game and no defense and not a real game, but seeing Vuc with actually talented players on his team will be cool to watch.

I think it's expected for Vuc to be picked last by the captains, but it would be pretty interesting if he wasn't...

You'd expect Aldridge to be picked before Vučević?
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#74 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:10 pm

p0peye wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

You'd expect Aldridge to be picked before Vučević?

When players are picking? Sure. They're similar types of players, but LMA is a 7 time all-star and they probably know him better on a personal level... gotta believe he would get the edge. I would say Vuc is too low key to win a popularity contest... that's why I'd find it fascinating if he went several picks before or something.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by MagicMadness » Fri Feb 1, 2019 8:19 pm

Side note - I don't like having two team captains pick players. It's just awkward.

Give me East vs. West.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#76 » by npiper17 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 8:36 pm

Congrats to Vuc. Personally I don’t like the all star game and won’t watch but at least he can buy that Ferrari he said he’d buy a few seasons ago if he made the all star team.

As regards trading Vuc, I think it’s obviously unlikely he gets traded because of what’s already been said but if the right deal came along I would pull the trigger. For example, something like Gasol and Walker from San Antonio would be very tempting.

In terms of perception, the national media crap all over the Magic anyway so I don’t see what difference trading Vuc would make.
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#77 » by EAS Law » Fri Feb 1, 2019 8:47 pm

We have more trolls on our own board than exist on the GB.

Well done Vuc. Let’s hope that you can keep playing at this level for years to come and that our FO can get some more talent on the roster.

Congrats also to the fans that don’t tend to irrationally place blame for our team’s struggles on an individual who happened to make the All-Star team through player and coach opinion.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 841

Post#78 » by axl_c_cool » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:01 pm

Well done Vuc! I think a trade is needed for the Magic or and Vucevic, I hope he enjoys the game. Well deserved
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,944

Post#79 » by p0peye » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:33 pm

Well, that makes two All Stars from our 2014 team, with Tobias being possible snub.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#80 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:46 pm

p0peye wrote:Well, that makes two All Stars from our 2014 team, with Tobias being possible snub.

They were showing us more than flashes as young players on the same team (before they even developed their 3pt shots)...

Oladipo: 18 pts (44%), 4 reb, 4 ast, 1.7 stl
Vucevic: 19 pts (52%), 11 reb, 2 ast, 1 blk
T Harris: 17 pts (47%), 6 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl

Return to Orlando Magic