ImageImageImageImage

Dallas News: Mavs set to pursue Vucevic

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Dallas News: Mavs set to pursue Vucevic 

Post#1 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:43 pm

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/02/01/source-mavericks-set-sights-orlando-magic-c-nikola-vucevic-free-agency-summer

The Dallas Mavericks may not be finished making big splashes this year.

Having just acquired a reigning All-Star in Kristaps Porzingis via a blockbuster trade with the New York Knicks, a league source told SportsDay's Brad Townsend that the Mavericks will now set their sights on a summer addition of a 28-year-old center who on Thursday became an All-Star himself.

"According to a league source, [the Mavs] now will set their sights on a summer addition of a 28-year-old center ... 7-foot Orlando center Nikola Vucevic ... an unrestricted free agent at season's end." #MFFL https://t.co/HCsFzw9I5g

— SportsDay Mavs (@dmn_mavericks) February 1, 2019
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Re: Dallas News: Mavs set to pursue Vucevic 

Post#2 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:49 pm

Time to get something before he leaves us for nothing.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
NSB_Magic
Junior
And1: 172

Post#3 » by NSB_Magic » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:52 pm

They don’t have any assets left.
Skin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:56 pm

NSB_Magic wrote:They don’t have any assets left.

Trading him to Dallas isn't our only option, but if we did...

Harrison Barnes and Courney Lee for Vuc, Fournier and Simmons works. I'd do that. Barnes has a 7' wingspan so he fits WeHam's long boi vision. With 2 years left on their deals it fits the timeline of Mozgov and Augustin. Come summer of 2020 we could be players in FA.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#5 » by MoMM » Fri Feb 1, 2019 5:58 pm

As a FA...
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#6 » by woosah » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:19 pm

So Vuc may have been why a deal didn't get done. They wanted to get rid of Matthews in a deal involving dsj and probably asked for Vucevic and we didn't want to trade him. We countered with Bamba and someone else (prob Fournier lol) and they told us to go sit on our hands some more. Lol, ok this is throwing spaghetti but i am not surprised they'd go for Vuc. He'd be great with Luka. Maybe they got Porzy to try and flip to us to see if we'd trade with them.

edit to add: Lol just saw on Dallas board Vuc and Luka have same agent. His agent could be angling to make sure Vuc gets his cash. "Give my client a max or he will play for Dallas."
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Skin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:46 pm

woosah wrote:So Vuc may have been why a deal didn't get done. They wanted to get rid of Matthews in a deal involving dsj and probably asked for Vucevic and we didn't want to trade him. We countered with Bamba and someone else (prob Fournier lol) and they told us to go sit on our hands some more. Lol, ok this is throwing spaghetti but i am not surprised they'd go for Vuc. He'd be great with Luka. Maybe they got Porzy to try and flip to us to see if we'd trade with them.

edit to add: Lol just saw on Dallas board Vuc and Luka have same agent. His agent could be angling to make sure Vuc gets his cash. "Give my client a max or he will play for Dallas."

All the more reason to trade him now.

Every player we have in a contract year, sells out the team for their own selfish stat padding. When you're losing, that that becomes the best thing to play for. Tobias did it. Fournier did it. Gordon did it. Now it's Vuc's turn.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#8 » by NavalAviator94 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:51 pm

Skin wrote:

Harrison Barnes and Courney Lee for Vuc, Fournier and Simmons works. I'd do that. Barnes has a 7' wingspan so he fits WeHam's long boi vision. With 2 years left on their deals it fits the timeline of Mozgov and Augustin. Come summer of 2020 we could be players in FA.

Banned for life with trade Skin.

Regarding the Vuc "rumor article", funny how they don't say how that would work financially. How much realistic cap space will Dallas have this summer?
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,117

Post#9 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:52 pm

woosah wrote:So Vuc may have been why a deal didn't get done. They wanted to get rid of Matthews in a deal involving dsj and probably asked for Vucevic and we didn't want to trade him. We countered with Bamba and someone else (prob Fournier lol) and they told us to go sit on our hands some more. Lol, ok this is throwing spaghetti but i am not surprised they'd go for Vuc. He'd be great with Luka. Maybe they got Porzy to try and flip to us to see if we'd trade with them.

Orlando says thanks for the last 7 years and enjoy Dallas... Weltman quickly picks up phone and calls FA option #1 and says hey I think we can work out a deal how about we have dinner.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#10 » by woosah » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:55 pm

Skin wrote:

All the more reason to trade him now.

Every player we have in a contract year, sells out the team for their own selfish stat padding. When you're losing, that that becomes the best thing to play for. Tobias did it. Fournier did it. Gordon did it. Now it's Vuc's turn.

We are negotiating from a weak position though. We already were because he is expiring. Now, he's an allstar who has an in with another team who has a disgruntled injured big. You still want to trade for Porzy? His injury is concerning and is rumored to want the max which is a reason NY traded him. He is saying he will do the QO there and would probably do it here too and you can't trade the player once they do that so we'd be stuck. Ugh.
I would really rather pay Vuc.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:58 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
Skin wrote:

Regarding the Vuc "rumor article", funny how they don't say how that would work financially. How much realistic cap space will Dallas have this summer?

Will be interesting to see what Dallas does with Lee and Hardaway Jr.... Do they move those 2 for more expirings? Do they buyout one or both of them? They also have player options for Barnes and Powell that are big $$.

I'm not sure Dallas is done wheeling and dealing and could they be possibly be looking for a Vuc trade ???
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#12 » by NavalAviator94 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:02 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:
Skin wrote:Trading him to Dallas isn't our only option, but if we did...

Will be interesting to see what Dallas does with Lee and Hardaway Jr.... Do they move those 2 for more expirings? Do they buyout one or both of them? They also have player options for Barnes and Powell that are big $$.

I'm not sure Dallas is done wheeling and dealing and could they be possibly be looking for a Vuc trade ???

I see no viable trade with Dallas whatsoever; they have no picks which means the salary they took on is likely not going anywhere for atleast a year. Never say never but I'm pretty sure the article is click bait.
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#13 » by the_hobo » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:22 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:

I see no viable trade with Dallas whatsoever; they have no picks which means the salary they took on is likely not going anywhere for atleast a year. Never say never but I'm pretty sure the article is click bait.

What do you mean? Now's our chance to finally land Nowitzki!
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#14 » by Xatticus » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:28 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:

They'll have the money to offer him a deal if Porzingis really does take the qualifying offer.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:32 pm

Xatticus wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

They'll have the money to offer him a deal if Porzingis really does take the qualifying offer.

Porzingis would be smart to take the QO... Let Dallas use the limited Cap Space to bring in more talent and then KP can get paid in 2020 when Barnes and Powell's money comes off the books.
Skin
RealGM

Post#16 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:47 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
Skin wrote:

Man, I'm a Navy guy too so we have to stick together lol.

Cuban is pitbull man. If he wants something he chases hard. I'm not expecting a huge return for Vuc because I don't think that's realistic. This trade is fine. It's like pushing the reset button.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#17 » by Furinkazan » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:59 pm

I already can see it.
option 1
We trade Bamba this deadline and then in the summer Vooch signs with Dallas leaving us with no centers... XD

option 2

We trade Bamba... dumb and dumber arent sure if Vooch leave or stay....so they draft Bol Bol :)) just in case XD

no point guard again :lol:
buh bye Morant
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Feb 1, 2019 8:10 pm

Furinkazan wrote:I already can see it.
option 1
We trade Bamba this deadline and then in the summer Vooch signs with Dallas leaving us with no centers... XD

option 2

We trade Bamba... dumb and dumber arent sure if Vooch leave or stay....so they draft Bol Bol :)) just in case XD

buh bye Morant

It's already buh bye Morant. Suns Cleveland or Bulls would likely take him and be thrilled. For magic to get Morant we'd have to get lucky and land top 3.

Magic are once again projected in that WTF spot of 6-9th where do we reach for a PG or go BPA.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#19 » by nymets1 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:51 pm

I would have liked to take a chance on Porzingis if he got back to 100%, anything on the table except Bamba. I guess Knicks weren't interested in us and now Dallas is probably thrilled to have him.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Skin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Skin » Fri Feb 1, 2019 11:29 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:I already can see it.
option 1

option 2

buh bye Morant

It's already buh bye Morant. Suns Cleveland or Bulls would likely take him and be thrilled. For magic to get Morant we'd have to get lucky and land top 3.

Magic are once again projected in that WTF spot of 6-9th where do we reach for a PG or go BPA.

You guys are frightening. lol. ...and I thought I was the one wallowing in misery!

It's like every team is executing a some kind of strategy except us. The Suns getting Morant or Zion is especially painful because they are executing their strategy to a T, and giving their fanbase bright hopes for the future. Morant or Zion combined with Booker - Ayton - Bridges... even with lottery busts like Bender, Chriss, Jackson... sooner rather than later they will cash in like the Sixers.

How come their fanbase can understand that young players and rookies can benefit from playing time and while giving them room for making mistakes, but ours can't? Even Oubre is breaking out with their young squad and they are enjoying the blossoming process. Meanwhile we are playing vets who have no long term future here and are looking for their next big pay days.

Return to Orlando Magic