ImageImageImageImage

Dallas News: Mavs set to pursue Vucevic

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,665

Re: Dallas News: Mavs set to pursue Vucevic 

Post#81 » by orlando_joe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:17 pm

I hope contract is just like Gordon..declining..21 to 17 mill a yr..4th yr team option would be great
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#82 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:16 pm

orlando_joe wrote:I hope contract is just like Gordon..declining..21 to 17 mill a yr..4th yr team option would be great

If they did it with AG... i'm sure they will do it for an "aging" Vuc. would make even more sense for him.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#83 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
Xatticus wrote:I really don't believe Vucevic or Middleton will be Dallas' primary target this summer.

It will be interesting to see how Vucevic's camp approaches free agency this summer. He should have some suitors, but he probably won't be the primary option for anyone other than Orlando. They could be aggressive in finding a landing spot while there is still a lot of money available, or they could be patient and wait for the market to develop and let teams court him. I do not believe they will settle for less than four years.

I'll be surprised if Orlando doesn't make the most lucrative offer to Vucevic. It's unlikely that any more attractive options will even consider Orlando this summer and I don't believe this front office is willing to punt on free agency while the core develops.

all you said its true but also its managemnt fault they decided to go for the playoffs while they should go for lottery

You have to play to your potential as much as you can. Progress means that something is going correctly. If not we make trades that were unwarranted due to impatience... giving away players before they have ripened. 3 weeks ago people wanted to trade isaac for anything... now... he's part of the core again. funny how things change with success. lol

4 of our "core" 8 players are 23 and under.... as they grow... so does this team. As they grow... the more wins we get... and that's a good sign. Underachieving is never an option.... so as long as everyone is healthy... we will progress as far as their talent will take us.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#84 » by rusoopE » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:12 pm

Plz stay vuc

Sent from my 6045B using RealGM mobile app
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,536

Post#85 » by Furinkazan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:13 am

plz go Vooch its Isaac and Bamba time
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,363

Post#86 » by pepe1991 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:22 am

Furinkazan wrote:plz go Vooch its Isaac and Bamba time

Bamba's time to stop skipping leg days

Isaac scores as oportunistic player right now, it's not like you will draw plays for him or give him ball and let him do something. During his 4 games hot streak he collected 1 assist.

Take Vuc off this roster and you are looking at 23 wins team.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,665

Post#87 » by orlando_joe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:00 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:I hope contract is just like Gordon..declining..21 to 17 mill a yr..4th yr team option would be great

If they did it with AG... i'm sure they will do it for an "aging" Vuc. would make even more sense for him.

the bigger thing is I mean money wise also..not just the declining part
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,536

Post#88 » by Furinkazan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Isaac scores as oportunistic player right now, it's not like you will draw plays for him or give him ball and let him do something. During his 4 games hot streak he collected 1 assist.

and???
That should worry me?
This team will not make playoffs anyway.
23 wins team would get a decent prize draft day.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#89 » by NickAnderson » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

and???
That should worry me?
This team will not make playoffs anyway.
23 wins team would get a decent prize draft day.

No you shouldn’t worry about that. But his legs and conditioning you should worry about
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,644

Post#90 » by Skin » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 am

He's going. Dirk is his hero and the Mavs have way more to offer him than we do. Just wish we would've gotten a return on his value instead of losing him for nothing. Guess we got to enjoy the chase for the playoffs so we can lose in round one and our players don't have to feel like losers.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
darthmerrick
Starter
And1: 329

Post#91 » by darthmerrick » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:11 pm

He may have been in plans for Mavs before Porzingis trade, I don't think they need or want Vuc anymore in today's NBA.

Here are the teams that could make a really good offer on Vuc (assuming he doesnt take a MLE to go ring chase). I'm also counting out teams under cap like Philly and Milwaukee who have a big cap hold and will be trying to keep Middleton, Butler and Harris.

New York- Saving that money for superstars.
Brooklyn- Will throw big money at Russell to keep him. They could make a run at Vuc, but more likely they try to remain flexible and extend the talent they already have.
LA Clippers- Making a run at Kawhi
Indiana-Possibly could make a run at Vuc. I think they make a move on a Dragic, Bledsoe type to add next to Dipo.
Utah- Already have Gobert
La Lakers- Keeping that money to try to make a run at AD or any top 10 free agent they can get.
Atlanta- Could sign him, but rebuilding. I think they are keeping cap flexible on 1-2 year deals and will keep tanking.
Sacramento - The real threat. They have Fox, Hield and Harrison Barnes and Bagley 1-4. Vuc would seem to be the missing piece. They have the cap room to make a major offer and Vlade loves Vuc.
Dallas- Unless they don't have confidence in Porzingis it would not make since adding Vuc. Spend that cap room on bringing compliments (Defensive PG's, three point shooting) to build around Doncic and Zing!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#92 » by j-ragg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:06 pm

darthmerrick wrote:He may have been in plans for Mavs before Porzingis trade, I don't think they need or want Vuc anymore in today's NBA.

Here are the teams that could make a really good offer on Vuc (assuming he doesnt take a MLE to go ring chase). I'm also counting out teams under cap like Philly and Milwaukee who have a big cap hold and will be trying to keep Middleton, Butler and Harris.

Brooklyn- Will throw big money at Russell to keep him. They could make a run at Vuc, but more likely they try to remain flexible and extend the talent they already have.
Indiana-Possibly could make a run at Vuc. I think they make a move on a Dragic, Bledsoe type to add next to Dipo.
La Lakers- Keeping that money to try to make a run at AD or any top 10 free agent they can get.
Atlanta- Could sign him, but rebuilding. I think they are keeping cap flexible on 1-2 year deals and will keep tanking.
Sacramento - The real threat. They have Fox, Hield and Harrison Barnes and Bagley 1-4. Vuc would seem to be the missing piece. They have the cap room to make a major offer and Vlade loves Vuc.
Dallas- Unless they don't have confidence in Porzingis it would not make since adding Vuc. Spend that cap room on bringing compliments (Defensive PG's, three point shooting) to build around Doncic and Zing!

I think Dallas and Sacramento are the only threats. Hasn't KP focalized he doesn't want to be the center and would prefer playing the 4? Vuc isn't a perfect fit but someone like Zingis next to him would complement their games. Everyone else (like you said) either has bigger fish to fry this summer or is rebuilding/not going to spend big.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,944

Post#93 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:40 am

This is Vuc agent stirring up the pot. Nobody is going to offer Vuc a max.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,459

Post#94 » by NavalAviator94 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:22 pm

j-ragg wrote:
darthmerrick wrote:He may have been in plans for Mavs before Porzingis trade, I don't think they need or want Vuc anymore in today's NBA.

I think Dallas and Sacramento are the only threats. Hasn't KP focalized he doesn't want to be the center and would prefer playing the 4? Vuc isn't a perfect fit but someone like Zingis next to him would complement their games. Everyone else (like you said) either has bigger fish to fry this summer or is rebuilding/not going to spend big.

I live in Dallas now and the word is that the desire for Vuc is way overstated. Their best line up will feature Zingus at the 5. That likely means they aren’t going to tie up huge money at the 5 spot.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#95 » by j-ragg » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:46 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

I live in Dallas now and the word is that the desire for Vuc is way overstated. Their best line up will feature Zingus at the 5. That likely means they aren’t going to tie up huge money at the 5 spot.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

Probably true, KP at the 5 would be best. I thought he said with NYK he wanted to play the 4, but stuff could’ve changed since then.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,014

Post#96 » by drsd » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 am

Mavs Make Kemba Walker Top Target In Free Agency This Summer

Good news for fans wanting Vučević to resign with Orlando !

darthmerrick
Starter
And1: 329

Post#97 » by darthmerrick » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:07 am

drsd wrote:

You don't win with centers anymore in the NBA. I'm ready to move on from Vuc. We should go all in on Middleton, Levert or Russell as our targets. Getting one of those guys with Fultz, Bamba, Issac would be a great offseason.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,363

Post#98 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 am

darthmerrick wrote:
drsd wrote:

You don't win with centers anymore in the NBA. I'm ready to move on from Vuc. We should go all in on Middleton, Levert or Russell as our targets. Getting one of those guys with Fultz, Bamba, Issac would be a great offseason.

Not to mention that all 3 guys will command max or near max that Magic can't offer 8-)
oh and btw, 2 of 3 are restricted
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,014

Post#99 » by drsd » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:23 pm

darthmerrick wrote:You don't win with centers anymore in the NBA. I'm ready to move on from Vuc. We should go all in on Middleton, Levert or Russell as our targets. Getting one of those guys with Fultz, Bamba, Issac would be a great offseason.

Cousins dominated in a key Warriors road win over the Rockets, and we get this post :crazy:

Return to Orlando Magic