ImageImageImageImage

Woj Bomb: Orlando Magic trade for Markelle Fultz

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Woj Bomb: Orlando Magic trade for Markelle Fultz 

Post#661 » by Skin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:43 am

We need Fultz to pan out so badly my bones hurt.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#662 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:49 pm

I apologize if this video has already been posted, I just saw it this morning. It really minimizes whatever small part of me still thinks Markelle's issue could be in his head:

Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#663 » by Dmagic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 am

From what I saw in Philly he don't need a jump shot. Just chill. Just play and quit being weird bro. We got yo back
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#664 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Skin wrote:We need Fultz to pan out so badly my bones hurt.

This kid has a young Derrick Rose / Damian Lillard game to him.

If !THAT! guy returns to pair with Isaac, Gordon, perhaps Bamba or maybe Vuc then we are no longer a feel good story in the East. We are a force.

I promise every single one of you that there will be a difference maker wing available at #16. This class might not have the wealth of super star potential at the top (minus 2 or 3 names) but this class is DEEEEP with NBA talent.

If WeHam can pick the right wing and the real Fultz returns ... I’m tearing up just thinking about it.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,373

Post#665 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:47 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:

This kid has a young Derrick arose / Damian Lillard game to him.

If !THAT! guy returns to pair with Isaac, Gordon, perhaps Bamba or maybe Vuc then we are no longer a feel good story in the East. We are a force.

I promise every single one of you that there will be a difference maker wing available at #16. This class might not have the wealth of super star potential at the top (minus 2 or 3 names) but this class is DEEEEP with NBA talent.

If WeHam can pick the right wing and the real Fultz returns ... I’m tearing up just thinking about it.

Add NAW to that core this offseason and I seriously might lose it. It's my dream scenario.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#666 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:59 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

This kid has a young Derrick arose / Damian Lillard game to him.

Add NAW to that core this offseason and I seriously might lose it. It's my dream scenario.

NAW is absolutely in the thick of things but I do have a few other names I would love to walk away with.

Fultz, DJ
NAW, Ross
Isaac, Iwundu
AG, ____
Vuc, Bamba

This is a pretty special young group to build on. Both Fultz and NAW are closer to being combo guards. Both can handle the ball and be playmakers. This trends well with the modern NBA game of “position-less basketball.”
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#667 » by thelead » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 am

For the love of God... Please get healthy and turn into the star most thought you would become. You will have TMac levels of freedom on offense if you can make that happen.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#668 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:00 am

basketballRob wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:
paperboymafia wrote:
Penny didn't play defense?

I vaguely remember penny stole on jordan in the playoffs the year we got our asses handed to us by houston

I think that was Nick Anderson with the big steal.

It was Anderson. I was ball boy for that game. It happened right in front of me! :D
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#669 » by J_Magic » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 am

Thank god he is a PG. This means the ball will be in his hand essentially meaning that he dictates whether he wants to be a career role player or a star in this league.

He has the keys to the Magic Kingdom. Look at bloody Lowry...he can't shoot for **** but makes so much of an impact. I'm not worried if Fultz can't shoot. I know he can drive and finish around the rim.

He will develop his shooting with confidence, it will come back.

Just given him the keys like Brookyln did with Dangelo Russell.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,278

Post#670 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:37 am

J_Magic wrote:Thank god he is a PG. This means the ball will be in his hand essentially meaning that he dictates whether he wants to be a career role player or a star in this league.

He has the keys to the Magic Kingdom. Look at bloody Lowry...he can't shoot for **** but makes so much of an impact. I'm not worried if Fultz can't shoot. I know he can drive and finish around the rim.

He will develop his shooting with confidence, it will come back.

Just given him the keys like Brookyln did with Dangelo Russell.

Lowry "can't shoot for **** " ?
:-?

That's interesting take. Having nothing to support your claim, but hey.
I can try this Look at Lebron, he is terrible athlete, he still didn't dunk in playoffs
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,548

Post#671 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:09 am

Yeah Lowry is a very respectable shooter.. not sure why you think he can't shoot.

It did take him 6 seasons to get to a respectable average on a decent number of shot attempts though.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,338

Post#672 » by Knightro » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:17 pm

Fultz is the ultimate wild card.

If he actually hits, the whole trajectory of this team changes dramatically.

Imagine adding an all-star caliber talent to a 42 win team at their greatest area of weakness (shot creation) without giving up any of the pieces that helped you get to the 42 wins in the first place?

Please work out.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,494

Post#673 » by elchengue20 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Sixer fan here.

I only want to say that Fultz is a legit player. If he recovers a little and gets a below average jump shot ( like 30% 3PT, 70 % FT), he's going to be easily a good PG (like a Jeff Teague or somethin).

If he really gets his injury/mental problems behind, he's going to be a star.

Even in Philly he wasn't THAT bad. Just a terrible fit with Simmons and Embiid. And the whole situation with his injury got messy and an innecesary distraction. Also we need his 10M salary to resign Reddick, Butler and Harris, and fill the bench.

Plus, he needs to play in a rebuilding/low pressure situation to get his game back. 76ers are in full "win now" mode, it was impossible for him to recover here.

Orlando seems like the perfect fit. Hope he recovers and becomes a good player ( maybe not a Star, i don't want to feel robbed lol).

You're welcome guys.

If he continues on this path it looks like i will feel robbed haha. But i'am happy for him and i love his game, hope he becomes a Star.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#674 » by cedric76 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Thx mate
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#675 » by Skin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Sixer fan here.

I only want to say that Fultz is a legit player. If he recovers a little and gets a below average jump shot ( like 30% 3PT, 70 % FT), he's going to be easily a good PG (like a Jeff Teague or somethin).

If he really gets his injury/mental problems behind, he's going to be a star.

Even in Philly he wasn't THAT bad. Just a terrible fit with Simmons and Embiid. And the whole situation with his injury got messy and an innecesary distraction. Also we need his 10M salary to resign Reddick, Butler and Harris, and fill the bench.

Plus, he needs to play in a rebuilding/low pressure situation to get his game back. 76ers are in full "win now" mode, it was impossible for him to recover here.

Orlando seems like the perfect fit. Hope he recovers and becomes a good player ( maybe not a Star, i don't want to feel robbed lol).

You're welcome guys.

If he continues on this path it looks like i will feel robbed haha. But i'am happy for him and i love his game, hope he becomes a Star.

Our front office needed a hit like this.

Interested to see what happens at this year's deadline.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#676 » by OrlandoSaban » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:03 pm

I hate this franchise. I’ve been busy traveling. Do we still have Fultz???
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#677 » by fendilim » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:19 pm

OrlandoSaban wrote:I hate this franchise. I’ve been busy traveling. Do we still have Fultz???

Nope
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#678 » by zaymon » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:41 pm

fendilim wrote:
OrlandoSaban wrote:I hate this franchise. I’ve been busy traveling. Do we still have Fultz???

Nope

but we have the goat
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,066

Post#679 » by OrlMagic05 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:07 am

mksp wrote:
paperboymafia wrote:
mksp wrote:Yeah honestly. Don't watch YouTube of him in college, don't get hyped on random highlights from the NBA.

If you get *anything* from him, it's a bonus. He's not athletic / long enough and doesn't have a good enough handle to do anything well if he can't shoot. The shot is all that matters and, well.....

Cool. Enjoy J Simmons.

We don't care even a little bit about Simmons. Just trying to help y'all out. There's a reason a former #1 pick went for this return. We're psyched about an actual 1st and a high 2nd.

Just some advice from fans that have been dealing with this drama for two years.

Not athletic? Lol!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#680 » by j-ragg » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:54 pm

He's not athletic / long enough and doesn't have a good enough handle

This is crazy if he didn't show this in his time with Philly... maybe the worst assessment of him. He's gigantic, athletic, and his handle is probably the best part of his game. :lol:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Orlando Magic