ImageImageImageImage

Woj Bomb: Orlando Magic trade for Markelle Fultz

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Woj Bomb: Orlando Magic trade for Markelle Fultz 

Post#541 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 am

Fultz on Magic Drive Time
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#542 » by Simmons25 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 am

Audi wrote:
fendilim wrote:Based oncthe press conference. I dont think Fultz will be playing this season, especially if we make a late season push.

Robbins asked him how far along is he from holding the basketball. He basically answered he is getting his body right first. So I think its still a long process.

Not sure it really matters, but he said “shoot the basketball without discomfort”, which isn’t the same as “holding the basketball”.

From what I gathered in Fultz’s explanation of how the TOS feels, he said (paraphrasing) that it’s not just a certain movement you can predict that will cause the pain/discomfort/tingling/weakness. If the diagnosis itself hasn’t done it, this should put to rest all of the detractors who argue “how could he be playing hurt and still make threes and look good on occasion?”. Simple answer: during his time in Philly, he was showing glimpses of his normal self against a media frenzied background of a player suffering from TOS.

Not once did he Fultz EVER show "glimpses of his normal self" so not sure where that is coming from. Find a single video of a jumper or free throw that looked like he shot normally. The only time we ever saw that was just after we drafted him and he played Summer League (No doubt before he ruined his neck/shoulder on his bike)

Fultz also just keeps contradicting himself with his lies. It never "felt fine". I watched him for the last 2 years and had his back more than most and always thought it was an injury but everything he says now just contradicts with what we actually saw... and I realised I was fooled by him.

Even when he came back from 3 months of intesive working in the off-season with Drew Hanlen throwing up 1,000 shots a day and tweeting about how great Markelle was looking... every 76ers fan was salivating waiting for video of him shooting. When a video was finally released we were all completely underwhelmed, his shot didn't look anything like it used to. He still pushed the ball rather than shoot it. Fultz kept telling the world he had no shoulder injuries.... Hanlen finally came clean and said Fultz obviously has shoulder issues as his shooting regressed so badly from what he was doing in the off-season..... and Fultz then sacked Hanlen and made his still pinned tweet about "You really can’t trust NO ONE !!". So was he injured or not? Then suddenly when Fultz lost his point guard role to TJ McConnell with no word of warning about any shoulder issues, suddenly his agent decided they should stop playing and go doctor shopping.

Also the claim was that the TOS is a recent thing that has come on... so if that's the case what was wrong with him the previous 12 months when he didn't have TOS? Nothing adds up with Fultz. Also his answers about "just getting his body right first" is the same thing he has said for 2 years now. I don't even think Fultz is the problem here... as Joel Embiid said he has people around him that should be helping him and aren't. So glad he is not our problem anymore. Get used to more of these press conferences.
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#543 » by EAS Law » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:53 am

Simmons25 wrote:
Audi wrote:
fendilim wrote:Based oncthe press conference. I dont think Fultz will be playing this season, especially if we make a late season push.

Robbins asked him how far along is he from holding the basketball. He basically answered he is getting his body right first. So I think its still a long process.

Not sure it really matters, but he said “shoot the basketball without discomfort”, which isn’t the same as “holding the basketball”.

From what I gathered in Fultz’s explanation of how the TOS feels, he said (paraphrasing) that it’s not just a certain movement you can predict that will cause the pain/discomfort/tingling/weakness. If the diagnosis itself hasn’t done it, this should put to rest all of the detractors who argue “how could he be playing hurt and still make threes and look good on occasion?”. Simple answer: during his time in Philly, he was showing glimpses of his normal self against a media frenzied background of a player suffering from TOS.

Not once did he Fultz EVER show "glimpses of his normal self" so not sure where that is coming from. Find a single video of a jumper or free throw that looked like he shot normally. The only time we ever saw that was just after we drafted him and he played Summer League (No doubt before he ruined his neck/shoulder on his bike)

Fultz also just keeps contradicting himself with his lies. It never "felt fine". I watched him for the last 2 years and had his back more than most and always thought it was an injury but everything he says now just contradicts with what we actually saw... and I realised I was fooled by him.

Even when he came back from 3 months of intesive working in the off-season with Drew Hanlen throwing up 1,000 shots a day and tweeting about how great Markelle was looking... every 76ers fan was salivating waiting for video of him shooting. When a video was finally released we were all completely underwhelmed, his shot didn't look anything like it used to. He still pushed the ball rather than shoot it. Fultz kept telling the world he had no shoulder injuries.... Hanlen finally came clean and said Fultz obviously has shoulder issues as his shooting regressed so badly from what he was doing in the off-season..... and Fultz then sacked Hanlen and made his still pinned tweet about "You really can’t trust NO ONE !!". So was he injured or not? Then suddenly when Fultz lost his point guard role to TJ McConnell with no word of warning about any shoulder issues, suddenly his agent decided they should stop playing and go doctor shopping.

Also the claim was that the TOS is a recent thing that has come on... so if that's the case what was wrong with him the previous 12 months when he didn't have TOS? Nothing adds up with Fultz. Also his answers about "just getting his body right first" is the same thing he has said for 2 years now. I don't even think Fultz is the problem here... as Joel Embiid said he has people around him that should be helping him and aren't. So glad he is not our problem anymore. Get used to more of these press conferences.

Excellent post. I think your adaptation of the same crap every bitter Sixer fan has come to our board to sound off about is the best yet.

We really don’t care dude. We got Fultz for literally scraps and if he pans out for us, your organization looks like a bunch of idiots in the deal. If Fultz is a major flop for us, we really lost nothing. We’ve heard the same thing in about a million different ways from your Sixers brethren. We are good with the situation and wish you the best.

Our teams are on very different timelines and we are enjoying our play lately and are excited about possibly having some talent to add pending recovery of whatever is ailing Fultz.

The constant insistence to come to our board to tell us how hopeless Fultz is comes off less like knowledge-sharing and more like “oh my God I hope and pray he sucks for you and we didn’t lose that deal”.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#544 » by JF5 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:23 am

Yeah the Magic got him for nothing... If they gave up Vucevic/Gordon/Issac/Bamba to get him I think there would be a bigger issue... But giving up a sub optimal bench player/late first rounder/second rounder for a guy who still can turn it around as a player (to become star down the road) and has a baseline of an all around productive 6th man is a win in this situation for the Magic regardless of how you want to slice it.

I know its frustrating for the the Sixer fans that they gave up so much to get him and believed he'd a transcendent piece along Simmons/Embiid. But I don't expect that sort of circus to occur over here because the expectations for Fultz now is around being a rotation/elite role player at this point (which is pretty attainable given how talented he is outside of his lost jumpshot).

The thing I just don't want to happen here are the pissed off Sixer fans wanting him to fail because they feel he owes them something or they're just too emotional. Especially now that they're easily one of the best teams in the league and are likely to be contending for the next few years if they keep this core intact. Shouldn't really care too much about Fultz at this juncture...
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#545 » by paperboymafia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:23 am

I hope these Sixers fans leaving massive posts sleep better at night as a result.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#546 » by SexDrugsPnR » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am

I still hope Fultz does well for you guys. Just such a weird situation with lots of contradicting information out there and mostly vague statements coming from his camp. The guy just still seems so immature and I think his "support network" is doing more damage. But as others have mentioned, you haven't given up much and it puts you in a position where there is potentially huge upside, even though the chances he becomes the player he was meant to be might be slim at this point. It's a gamble you can afford to take.

I hope one day he'll find a way to openly talk about the situation and we'll find out what was really going on through all this...
BadHombre
Senior
And1: 481

Post#547 » by BadHombre » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:48 am

SexDrugsPnR wrote:I still hope Fultz does well for you guys. Just such a weird situation with lots of contradicting information out there and mostly vague statements coming from his camp. The guy just still seems so immature and I think his "support network" is doing more damage. But as others have mentioned, you haven't given up much and it puts you in a position where there is potentially huge upside, even though the chances he becomes the player he was meant to be might be slim at this point. It's a gamble you can afford to take.

I hope one day he'll find a way to openly talk about the situation and we'll find out what was really going on through all this...

Fantastic handle you’ve got there! Very clever, I’m surprised I’ve never seen it before.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Post#548 » by Skybox » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:03 am

Did he say (in the press conference) that the Magic were going to be sending some of their PT guys to LA(!) to work with him? I really hope I heard that wrong
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 768

Post#549 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:15 am

Skybox wrote:Did he say (in the press conference) that the Magic were going to be sending some of their PT guys to LA(!) to work with him? I really hope I heard that wrong

Yes he did. But why is it an issue?
It seems pretty normal to me.
If you have a routine and location that you're comfortable with, then you stick with it.
But Magic are sending their people to oversee what's going on.
And involve their input as necessary.
Sounds reasonable?
Keep your politics out of my sports
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 768

Post#550 » by CZ Eddie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:16 am

The best doctors are not in Orlando.
They are in the huge cities.
And LA is one of the biggest. With some of the best sports Doctors anywhere.
Keep your politics out of my sports
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#551 » by OrlandO » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:25 am

Skybox wrote:Did he say (in the press conference) that the Magic were going to be sending some of their PT guys to LA(!) to work with him? I really hope I heard that wrong

Fultz is rehabbing with Kobe's career-long PT in LA. She works for the Dodgers and has other major clients in LA, so it's not like she can fly out here.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Post#552 » by Skybox » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:28 pm

I was hoping for the team-building dynamic of actually being in the same hemisphere as your team. Would’ve actually loved to see him in a suit, on the bench cheering on his “new family”, yukking it up with Mo between film sessions, maybe taking pics with fans in the Fields Club ...I know he’s a special case, but...whatever is best for the next ten years of All-Star play-I support.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#553 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:09 pm

It makes perfect sense as they will be the ones on the trips doing the maintenance on him. So they gotta learn the ropes. I don't think this is a fix and go on about your life type of thing. He might be stuck in a regiment for the rest of his career... whether out of necessity or precaution.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#554 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Skybox wrote:I was hoping for the team-building dynamic of actually being in the same hemisphere as your team. Would’ve actually loved to see him in a suit, on the bench cheering on his “new family”, yukking it up with Mo between film sessions, maybe taking pics with fans in the Fields Club ...I know he’s a special case, but...whatever is best for the next ten years of All-Star play-I support.

WELLLLLLL.... we are still a week away from our next game.... I personally wouldn't be surprised based on the initial timeline set with the 76ers that he is already ready to rejoin (not play with the team to be exact) already.... and this is just part of the process. Our PT learning the ropes on how to handle his ailment... and we are lucky that there was a nice 8 day hiatus following the trade. But we will see how it is all managed. Agreed though... it would be great to physically see him with the team during the next stretch to the playoffs.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#555 » by tiderulz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:55 pm

CZ Eddie wrote:The best doctors are not in Orlando.

really? you think so? one of the best sport doctors available is in Birmingham AL, (Dr James Andrews) not exactly a huge city.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,289

Post#556 » by pepe1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Despite all this drama off court Markelle menaged to date a stripper, knock her up, she had miscarriage, cheat on her with her own sister/best friend ( kind a mixed reports, same second name) and now she dates her. Girl is 7 years older than him.

In one of her instagram comments cheated girl posted this about him

"So let's tell the world how u got me pregnant. Tried to blame it on me, was suicidal, stressed me to the point i lost my baby, (which everything has proof). Then f*ck with my sister/best friend right after, who already has a kid and lives with her parents."

Google Sierra Mack and Katt Mack if you are more interested in whole that drama.

Interesting nugget: she lives in California, and she told some gossip media that his recovery goes well as they spend lot of time in bed... Hey, can't blame him, $10M for doing nothing.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#557 » by j-ragg » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:23 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Despite all this drama off court Markelle menaged to date a stripper, knock her up, she had miscarriage, cheat on her with her own sister/best friend ( kind a mixed reports, same second name) and now she dates her. Girl is 7 years older than him.

"So let's tell the world how u got me pregnant. Tried to blame it on me, was suicidal, stressed me to the point i lost my baby, (which everything has proof). Then f*ck with my sister/best friend right after, who already has a kid and lives with her parents."

Google Sierra Mack and Katt Mack if you are more interested in whole that drama.

Interesting nugget: she lives in California, and she told some gossip media that his recovery goes well as they spend lot of time in bed... Hey, can't blame him, $10M for doing nothing.

Jesus dude do you even hope he does well here?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#558 » by Bakomagic » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Despite all this drama off court Markelle menaged to date a stripper, knock her up, she had miscarriage, cheat on her with her own sister/best friend ( kind a mixed reports, same second name) and now she dates her. Girl is 7 years older than him.

You should work for TMZ haha?
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#559 » by Bakomagic » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:13 pm

tiderulz wrote:
CZ Eddie wrote:The best doctors are not in Orlando.

really? you think so? one of the best sport doctors available is in Birmingham AL, (Dr James Andrews) not exactly a huge city.

Obviously an outlier. Plus when you are the best in the business like he is (Dr. Andrews)....people come to you.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,289

Post#560 » by pepe1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:23 pm

j-ragg wrote:

Jesus dude do you even hope he does well here?

I saw comment about his mom and sister moving with him to Orlando so i went to see his "TMZ" part of life and that was there.
Interesting stuff non less.
I hope he does well but all this was well known about him before trade. :dontknow:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic