ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘18-'19 XXII: Welcome Markelle Fultz

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘18-'19 XXII: Welcome Markelle Fultz 

Post#1861 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:31 am

J_Magic wrote:I think we should target Fukhan Kourmaz as a Summer free agent. He's a better player than Henzonja and probably could be had for the MLE. Very good backup/potential starter at the SG.

Agreed, I think he could possibly play spot 3rd string pg just with his vision and handles. Not necessary, but nice to have. Plus, not sure about his % this year, but he's known to knock down 3s.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man

Post#1862 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:33 am

That said, Id take Mario back as long as he's good with a back up role as well.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Post#1863 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:42 am

OrlandO wrote:
Read on Twitter
I love this. Bye D-Braid

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,732

Post#1864 » by basketballRob » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:54 am

J_Magic wrote:I think we should target Fukhan Kourmaz as a Summer free agent. He's a better player than Henzonja and probably could be had for the MLE. Very good backup/potential starter at the SG.
A stick defends better than him in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#1865 » by J_Magic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 am

basketballRob wrote:

Steve Clifford.

At one point, JJ Redick was a liability.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#1866 » by NavalAviator94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:30 am

J_Magic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Steve Clifford.

I agree. I think Cliff and his staff would make any player better on defense over the course of a season. We are watching it happen right in front of our eyes.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,022

Post#1867 » by fendilim » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:43 am

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:

Agreed, I think he could possibly play spot 3rd string pg just with his vision and handles. Not necessary, but nice to have. Plus, not sure about his % this year, but he's known to knock down 3s.

I doubt mario would like to play 3rd string. He’d probably want guaranteed minutes. Its exactly the reason why he wanted out after his second year because FV didnt given him minutes. And was highly appreciative, till this day, of Skiles because Skiles gave him minutes and a role. Funny he didnt mention Vogel after his triple double game lol
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#1868 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:44 am

nymets1 wrote:Virginia being called National champions somewhat bothers me. Last year they were the 1st ever team as a #1 seed to lose a #16 seed and than the next year they are supposed to be national champions? That seems wrong to me. It's not a redemption from last year. You can't erase the fact they lost to a #16 seed. I sincerly hope a 16 seed never beats a #1 seed again, Virginia better stay as the only #1 seed to lose a #16 seed.

last year has nothing to do with this year. this year's team won the tournament, they are the national champs
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,022

Post#1869 » by fendilim » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:46 am

NavalAviator94 wrote:
J_Magic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:A stick defends better than him in my opinion.

Steve Clifford.

I agree. I think Cliff and his staff would make any player better on defense over the course of a season. We are watching it happen right in front of our eyes.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

This.

Exactly. Some people just failed to see it at the start of the season and still complained about Vuc. Clifford did exactly the same with Al Jefferson. He masked big Al’s defensive weaknesses.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1870 » by nymets1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:20 am

tiderulz wrote:
nymets1 wrote:Virginia being called National champions somewhat bothers me. Last year they were the 1st ever team as a #1 seed to lose a #16 seed and than the next year they are supposed to be national champions? That seems wrong to me. It's not a redemption from last year. You can't erase the fact they lost to a #16 seed. I sincerly hope a 16 seed never beats a #1 seed again, Virginia better stay as the only #1 seed to lose a #16 seed.

last year has nothing to do with this year. this year's team won the tournament, they are the national champs

Yes it does, It doesn't erase them losing to UMBC in the NCAA tournament history.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1871 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:44 am

nymets1 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Yes it does, It doesn't erase them losing to UMBC in the NCAA tournament history.

correct, winning this year's national title doesnt erase them being the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed. but that was last year's team, not this year's team.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1872 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Def Swami wrote:
MoMM wrote:Who do you prefer as a generational player: Wade or Curry?

Generational players to me are MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, Hakeem, TD, etc (at least the ones I watched playing). I'm not even sure if I'd add Steph and KD to this list.

Curry and KD are definitely generational players. Both are really unique players, especially Curry, who led a team to a championship and the most regular season wins. Curry in a way has become underrated. His stats and shooting percentages year after year are just stupid. If he keeps it up, he's going to be in conversation for one of the best point guards ever. He's already the best shooter ever.

One of the best guards, yes, but not a point guard. How do you classify him as all-time great as PG if in his best season he had 8.5apg having Klay on his side?

As for KD and Curry, I said that I wasn't sure, so I'd need to think about it, not only about them, but about the whole crew of players in this conversation. KD is great, but what has him accomplished alone? He always had a HoF (or 2) on his side.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#1873 » by j-ragg » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Curry changed the league. He’s going to go down as the best point guard of all time imo, definitely generational.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1874 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Read on Twitter
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#1875 » by dsg2021 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Dallas found a pretty good player called Dirk Nowitzki and would have rather gone to battle with him for 21 years then anything else.
It gave them a very special championship among all of the countless wins.
You watch it, and wonder.. Is there a parallel to something in Orlando? Is there a case study or a lesson to learn for ORL?
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1876 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:07 pm

dsg2021 wrote:Dallas found a pretty good player called Dirk Nowitzki and would have rather gone to battle with him for 21 years then anything else.
You watch it, and wonder.. Is there a parallel to something in Orlando? Is there a case study or a lesson to learn for ORL?

not sure what point you are hinting at. can you be more specific?
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,020

Post#1877 » by MagicMatic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:09 pm

tiderulz wrote:
dsg2021 wrote:Dallas found a pretty good player called Dirk Nowitzki and would have rather gone to battle with him for 21 years then anything else.

Just draft one of the best PFs to ever play the game? No big deal.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#1878 » by magicman112 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:21 pm

OrlandO wrote:
Read on Twitter

No Isaac, no Vuc so looks like no 6th seed.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man

Post#1879 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:23 pm

fendilim wrote:
sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:

I doubt mario would like to play 3rd string. He’d probably want guaranteed minutes. Its exactly the reason why he wanted out after his second year because FV didnt given him minutes. And was highly appreciative, till this day, of Skiles because Skiles gave him minutes and a role. Funny he didnt mention Vogel after his triple double game lol

3rd string comment was in regards to Korkmaz skills, not Mario. Id fully offer Mario the backup spot over Iwundu, with the caveat that its his job to earn the starting, or keep the back up role from being taken.

Agreed he probably wouldn't bite, but if we make some noise in the playoffs, it would be a feel good type move that could help both of our images, even if it didn't pan out. Might be worth it to him for a 2nd chance at redemption. Again, pipe dream, but I wouldn't be against it.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#1880 » by dsg2021 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:28 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Honestly, not sure :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic