ImageImageImageImage

Game 58: Orlando Magic (25-32) @ New Orleans Pelicans (25-32) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Re: Game 58: Orlando Magic (25-32) @ New Orleans Pelicans (25-32) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#261 » by EAS Law » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:29 am

BadHombre wrote:Interesting to see that the moment the team starts showing some signs of life, a lot of the Negative Nancy voices disappear.

Weak ass fans. Can’t even support their own team or acknowledge them when they do good.

Ahhhhh you said it!

Yeah dude, that’s why it’s ok to point out areas for improvement while avoiding vicious attacks on players that are actually way better than the haters wish to accept ***ahem Vuc*** or without insisting we trade any glimmer of hope on the team (ya know, guys that are going out there and putting up 15-20 pts in these wins) in favor of some undetermined, undefined savior that is sure to come if we just lose enough games.

Absolute silence from that crowd. Really interesting.
BadHombre
Senior
And1: 481

Post#262 » by BadHombre » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 am

EAS Law wrote:
BadHombre wrote:Interesting to see that the moment the team starts showing some signs of life, a lot of the Negative Nancy voices disappear.

Weak ass fans. Can’t even support their own team or acknowledge them when they do good.

Ahhhhh you said it!

Yeah dude, that’s why it’s ok to point out areas for improvement while avoiding vicious attacks on players that are actually way better than the haters wish to accept ***ahem Vuc*** or without insisting we trade any glimmer of hope on the team (ya know, guys that are going out there and putting up 15-20 pts in these wins) in favor of some undetermined, undefined savior that is sure to come if we just lose enough games.

I’ve never been a Vuc fan, but this season I’m converted. He’s really found a new level of play, and he’s carrying this team. As long as we’re winning, any of those past concerns fall straight to the back of my mind, because it’s nice just to enjoy some success for a change.

God I hope they can come out and demolish the Hornets just to clear that mental hurdle.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#263 » by pepe1991 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 am

6 days ago fans were proposing trades that were second round picks for Vuc...
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
EAS Law
Analyst

Post#264 » by EAS Law » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:38 am

BadHombre wrote:
EAS Law wrote:

Ahhhhh you said it!

I’ve never been a Vuc fan, but this season I’m converted. He’s really found a new level of play, and he’s carrying this team. As long as we’re winning, any of those past concerns fall straight to the back of my mind, because it’s nice just to enjoy some success for a change.

God I hope they can come out and demolish the Hornets just to clear that mental hurdle.

A win against the hornets would do a lot for team morale as well as immediately impacting our standings in a meaningful way. It could really kick up our playoff push and potentially have us end up better than any of us anticipate.

I’m hoping it’s not just a matchup issue with that team.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#265 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 am

EAS Law wrote:

Ahhhhh you said it!

You two are adorable.

Glad Orlando started winning some games after January for once this decade, have a chance to make the playoffs, and are playing some fun basketball. Orlando has one of the easiest schedules for the rest of the year and will likely make the playoffs.

That being said, when Orlando loses in the first round to a well built team with superior talent, people will have the same questions they’ve always had about this roster and it’s ceiling. That much hasn’t changed.

Have fun watching Orlando rack up wins against dumpster fire Pelicans, Giannis-less Bucks, and the tanking Hawks. Good thing this draft isn’t that deep. Carry on.
EAS Law
Analyst

Post#266 » by EAS Law » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:14 am

MagicMatic wrote:
EAS Law wrote:

Ahhhhh you said it!

You two are adorable.

Glad Orlando started winning some games after January for once this decade, have a chance to make the playoffs, and are playing some fun basketball. Orlando has one of the easiest schedules for the rest of the year and will likely make the playoffs.

That being said, when Orlando loses in the first round to a well built team with superior talent, people will have the same questions they’ve always had about this roster and it’s ceiling. That much hasn’t changed.

Have fun watching Orlando rack up wins against dumpster fire Pelicans, Giannis-less Bucks, and the tanking Hawks. Good thing this draft isn’t that deep. Carry on.

Hahaha it must be exhausting being so miserable. Enjoy your L.

Seriously, why not go follow another team?
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#267 » by orlando1214 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 am

I just watched the replay of the game since I didn't catch it earlier. It was a really great win! I'm so impressed with the growth we've seen from Issac. Vuc and AG were solid as always, and the bench continues to play well enough even with Ross having an off game.

I also want to give Evan some props because he was very good tonight. I've trashed him all year, and in my opinion rightly so, but I want to give him props when he plays well. He is such a better player when he isn't so selfish. He gets to the lane better than anybody on the team, but he rarely makes the right play when he gets in there. His decision making is still far from perfect, but it's getting better, so I hope that is something he's working on with the coaches. The Magic need him to play like this if they hope to make the playoffs.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#268 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am

EAS Law wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Ahhhhh you said it!

You two are adorable.

Who’s L? Magic won.

You judge other Magic fans because they don’t follow your exact definition of fandom? Why? Because I’m not high five posting in a blowout win over a dysfunctional Pelicans team playing a careless AD for 20 minutes? Get real.

Some fans aren’t going to be merely satisfied with appearing in the playoffs. This team is in purgatory and you wont admit it. I want to see a long term plan or direction, so sue me.
EAS Law
Analyst

Post#269 » by EAS Law » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am

MagicMatic wrote:
EAS Law wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
You two are adorable.

Who’s L? Magic won.

You judge other Magic fans because they don’t follow your exact definition of fandom? Why? Because I’m not high five posting in a blowout win over a dysfunctional Pelicans team playing a careless AD for 20 minutes? Get real.

Some fans aren’t going to be merely satisfied with appearing in the playoffs. This team is in purgatory and you wont admit it. I want to see a long term plan or direction, so sue me.

You make it a point to I go out of your way to mock posters like myself for enjoying the team’s success. You are and have been the definition of a contrarian. The Magic win, you find fault in winning, they lose, you complain that we suck—honestly, wallow in your misery elsewhere.

Don’t mock people for enjoying the growth and development of the team. You should probably examine your high-horse position of being so enlightened as to what works and doesn’t work, what’s actually best for the team, how all of these professionals with proven history of professional sports management are idiots, but YOU, ah, you know it all man.

Take YOUR L and place it where you may. I’ll be here high-fiving people every time we have these allegedly unimpressive blowout wins while you frantically find ways to discredit them.

And take your “carry on” BS with you as well. The internet is the only place someone like you can get away with dismissing someone that way, I’m positive.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#270 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:49 am

EAS Law wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Hahaha it must be exhausting being so miserable. Enjoy your L.

Who’s L? Magic won.

You make it a point to I go out of your way to mock posters like myself for enjoying the team’s success. You are and have been the definition of a contrarian. The Magic win, you find fault in winning, they lose, you complain that we suck—honestly, wallow in your misery elsewhere.

Don’t mock people for enjoying the growth and development of the team. You should probably examine your high-horse position of being so enlightened as to what works and doesn’t work, what’s actually best for the team, how all of these professionals with proven history of professional sports management are idiots, but YOU, ah, you know it all man.

Take YOUR L and place it where you may. I’ll be here high-fiving people every time we have these allegedly unimpressive blowout wins while you frantically find ways to discredit them.

K.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#271 » by pepe1991 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 am

I find enjoying current success like dating girl you know you won't marry.

It's fun , it can last, i'll enjoy it but tbh you know endgame is not championship.

I enjoy this run because i don't see scenario where Magic led by Isaac, Bamba, Gordon, Fultz or 2019 pick (whoever he would be, even Barrett ) are championship team. So it's like comming to grips of reality that you won't ever marry so i just enjoy a ride for what it stands and for what it is.

Hell it's like trying to make a baby knowing you're sterile. You know you can't but you enjoy sex :rofl:

It gives me pleasure to watch team without hating my life after it, it gives me nic energy boost for rest of a day and i don't feel misserable after it ( unlike in other years).

Some fans, just like lot of people simply want more of it. They want big prize . Larry O'Brien.
Some fans , just like lot of other people find comfort and pleasure in daily "wins" not really dreaming of "big picture" because they don't find big picture that big ,if they can't enjoy small stuff.

And guess what ? Both sides are right. It's just matter of perspective and perception of your life.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,527

Post#272 » by Rainwater » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:10 am

Another good win from the magic, must admit they are playing well right now. Hope it continues.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#273 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:16 am

+30 ? vs A.D.?

FU** YEAH !!!!
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#274 » by Tarheel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:24 am

I just watched the game on LP and dropped in to say that JI's block on Jah in the 3rd was NASTY
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#275 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 am

pepe1991 wrote:I find enjoying current success like dating girl you know you won't marry.

It's fun , it can last, i'll enjoy it but tbh you know endgame is not championship.

I enjoy this run because i don't see scenario where Magic led by Isaac, Bamba, Gordon, Fultz or 2019 pick (whoever he would be, even Barrett ) are championship team. So it's like comming to grips of reality that you won't ever marry so i just enjoy a ride for what it stands and for what it is.

Hell it's like trying to make a baby knowing you're sterile. You know you can't but you enjoy sex :rofl:

It gives me pleasure to watch team without hating my life after it, it gives me nic energy boost for rest of a day and i don't feel misserable after it ( unlike in other years).

Some fans, just like lot of people simply want more of it. They want big prize . Larry O'Brien.
Some fans , just like lot of other people find comfort and pleasure in daily "wins" not really dreaming of "big picture" because they don't find big picture that big ,if they can't enjoy small stuff.

And guess what ? Both sides are right. It's just matter of perspective and perception of your life.

Yeah but so are let's say 26-27 teams in NBA so i'd rather watch playoff basketball than watching some prospect mixtapes hyping them like they the next Lebron end they'lll end up being the next Justin Harper.
So yes enjoying it is the best thing to do
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#276 » by Skybox » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 am

So AG and Isaac (who are very young) are showing increased maturity and efficiency in their games. They're also demonstrating that maybe they CAN be on the court at the same time. Fournier, who, indisputably, has all the tools, is also showing a more mature, unselfish game. Vuc, who isn't old, has always been rock solid at what he can do, is being put in perfect position to succeed. Etc, Etc...it's not like we're banking on 34 year olds and it's not like we're shooting 45% from downtown (unsustainable). These are quality wins, from a disciplined system, with pretty good players who (maybe) have been running independently for a few years of chaos. This is the kind of success you can build on and add to. We have Bamba and Fultz (who MAY be stars on hold-like PHI "process") red-shirting, learning, and healing...Anybody suggesting trade everyone, start over, draft 4 Lebrons in a row, win the championship is delusional.

Clifford is MVP of this team. Enjoy it
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#277 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 pm

EAS Law wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Ahhhhh you said it!

You two are adorable.

I hear the Suns are eternally tanking. That would be a good team for fans who like losing to follow instead of watching the Magic develop.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#278 » by drsd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:35 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Glad Orlando started winning some games after January ....

You had me at "winning."

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#279 » by drsd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:35 pm

From ESPN:
Magic: Outrebounded New Orleans 58-42. ... Had 32 assists on 42 made field goals. ... Combined to make 21 of 22 free throws.
BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Post#280 » by BDill012 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:51 pm

The balance last night was great. I have not seen many games in my life with four guys with 20+ points in the same game.

Looking forward to watching the game against the Hornets on Thursday night. Time to end that bad streak!

Return to Orlando Magic