ImageImageImageImage

Game 58: Orlando Magic (25-32) @ New Orleans Pelicans (25-32) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Game 58: Orlando Magic (25-32) @ New Orleans Pelicans (25-32) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#281 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:02 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
EAS Law wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
You two are adorable.

Glad Orlando started winning some games after January for once this decade, have a chance to make the playoffs, and are playing some fun basketball. Orlando has one of the easiest schedules for the rest of the year and will likely make the playoffs.

That being said, when Orlando loses in the first round to a well built team with superior talent, people will have the same questions they’ve always had about this roster and it’s ceiling. That much hasn’t changed.

Have fun watching Orlando rack up wins against dumpster fire Pelicans, Giannis-less Bucks, and the tanking Hawks. Good thing this draft isn’t that deep. Carry on.

Hahaha it must be exhausting being so miserable. Enjoy your L.

Seriously, why not go follow another team?

I hear the Suns are eternally tanking. That would be a good team for fans who like losing to follow instead of watching the Magic develop.

Read on Twitter
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#282 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Davis scoring just 3 points will have national sports media mentioning orlando all day
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#283 » by NavalAviator94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:38 pm

OrlandO wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Hahaha it must be exhausting being so miserable. Enjoy your L.

I hear the Suns are eternally tanking. That would be a good team for fans who like losing to follow instead of watching the Magic develop.

Read on Twitter

I’ll take a bought out Jamal Crawford
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#284 » by magicman112 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I don't care how many makes JI had, 18 shots is a good thing in and of itself.

And if he can score 20 pts on a not so great shooting night imagine what he can score when the shots are falling?
NavalAviator94
Analyst

Post#285 » by NavalAviator94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm

OrlandO wrote:Davis scoring just 3 points will have national sports media mentioning orlando all day

It’s going to be pretty hard not to. That was a professional level smack down.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#286 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Read on Twitter

Wow. Crawford is 38 years old. I reckon he could still teach the youngsters something from the bench.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#287 » by magicman112 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Expected win (hey thanks betting houses for unrealistic odds) , Pelicans are mess . They wanted to sit Davis but nba told them that the'll fine them $100 000 for every game he sits.

Overall BEATDOWN!! Game was over after 26 min. Impressive.
Where is guy who said Vuc will now play like a** since he is officially allstar?
Even Evan menaged to have great game.
4 starters scored 20 points.

Seems like these guys are coming together and realizing that if they play like this good things happen. And you just have to beat who's in front of you doesn't matter if they're missing a star or have a disgruntled player or whatever win is a win.
NavalAviator94
Analyst

Post#288 » by NavalAviator94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow. Crawford is 38 years old. I reckon he could still teach the youngsters something from the bench.

He is so well respected and would be a great veteran presence down the stretch. He can still put up big numbers when called on from a reserve/injury perspective. Never going to happen but it would be great to have someone like that.
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#289 » by magicman112 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:45 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Read on Twitter

Me 2, that dude can get hot from outside really fast.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#290 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:

He is so well respected and would be a great veteran presence down the stretch. He can still put up big numbers when called on from a reserve/injury perspective. Never going to happen but it would be great to have someone like that.

Yup. The problem is that most orgs share your view and quite a few offer better chances at post season success.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,359

Post#291 » by Knightro » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#292 » by drsd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Ross has an off night, so the rest of the bench steps up to co bine for 29 points.

NICE!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,293

Post#293 » by pepe1991 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Jamal is hanging 2 years too much, should have retired after 2017 and go out on high note.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#294 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Jamal is hanging 2 years too much, should have retired after 2017 and go out on high note.

I hate the “should retire” bs from fans. Unless it is concussion or other serious injury related, why “should” a person have to walk away from something they enjoy when enployers are still offering cash?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,293

Post#295 » by pepe1991 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Jamal is hanging 2 years too much, should have retired after 2017 and go out on high note.

I hate the “should retire” bs from fans. Unless it is concussion or other serious injury related, why “should” a person have to walk away from something they enjoy when enployers are still offering cash?

He is career 15 ppg player who used to average 17-20 ppg a season and who is now shooting 35% FG and 27% for 3 .
With 3 times 6th man award he has outside chance at getting to hall of fame, he really doesn't need this Suns crap, going through season on 11-47 team. I'm sure coaches will line up to take him as assistent since he is great guy. It's not like he is playing a lot anyway.

Played 21 min few nights ago , went 0-5, 0 rebounds, 0 steals,0 assists, 0 blocks through it.

I mean, sure , if he likes to play sure ,play, but i just find it pointless. Too high risk of big injury before you retire and you had whole life in front of you once career is over, and guy is louded with money. Made $120 M in career.

That's just my opinion tho :dontknow:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#296 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

He is career 15 ppg player who used to average 17-20 ppg a season and who is now shooting 35% FG and 27% for 3 .
With 3 times 6th man award he has outside chance at getting to hall of fame, he really doesn't need this Suns crap, going through season on 11-47 team. I'm sure coaches will line up to take him as assistent since he is great guy. It's not like he is playing a lot anyway.

Played 21 min few nights ago , went 0-5, 0 rebounds, 0 steals,0 assists, 0 blocks through it.

I mean, sure , if he likes to play sure ,play, but i just find it pointless. Too high risk of big injury before you retire and you had whole life in front of you once career is over, and guy is louded with money. Made $120 M in career.

That's just my opinion tho :dontknow:

Ya, but the $2.4 mil he makes this year offsets any playing time issues or productivity he gives. Because, I am sure property tax and living expenses are still there even once you retire. Rather have money than no incoming money.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#297 » by fendilim » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:25 pm

OrlandO wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Hahaha it must be exhausting being so miserable. Enjoy your L.

Read on Twitter

Man, as good as Briscoe is playing for us, we could really use JCraw off the bench with TRoss.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#298 » by basketballRob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 pm

pepe1991 wrote:I find enjoying current success like dating girl you know you won't marry.

It's fun , it can last, i'll enjoy it but tbh you know endgame is not championship.

I enjoy this run because i don't see scenario where Magic led by Isaac, Bamba, Gordon, Fultz or 2019 pick (whoever he would be, even Barrett ) are championship team. So it's like comming to grips of reality that you won't ever marry so i just enjoy a ride for what it stands and for what it is.

Hell it's like trying to make a baby knowing you're sterile. You know you can't but you enjoy sex :rofl:

It gives me pleasure to watch team without hating my life after it, it gives me nic energy boost for rest of a day and i don't feel misserable after it ( unlike in other years).

Some fans, just like lot of people simply want more of it. They want big prize . Larry O'Brien.
Some fans , just like lot of other people find comfort and pleasure in daily "wins" not really dreaming of "big picture" because they don't find big picture that big ,if they can't enjoy small stuff.

And guess what ? Both sides are right. It's just matter of perspective and perception of your life.
Wow, you're like a physycic or something, how you can see into the future.

Bamba, Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, and our future draft pick all have a chance to be future all stars.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#299 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I find enjoying current success like dating girl you know you won't marry.

It's fun , it can last, i'll enjoy it but tbh you know endgame is not championship.

I enjoy this run because i don't see scenario where Magic led by Isaac, Bamba, Gordon, Fultz or 2019 pick (whoever he would be, even Barrett ) are championship team. So it's like comming to grips of reality that you won't ever marry so i just enjoy a ride for what it stands and for what it is.

Hell it's like trying to make a baby knowing you're sterile. You know you can't but you enjoy sex :rofl:

It gives me pleasure to watch team without hating my life after it, it gives me nic energy boost for rest of a day and i don't feel misserable after it ( unlike in other years).

Some fans, just like lot of people simply want more of it. They want big prize . Larry O'Brien.
Some fans , just like lot of other people find comfort and pleasure in daily "wins" not really dreaming of "big picture" because they don't find big picture that big ,if they can't enjoy small stuff.

And guess what ? Both sides are right. It's just matter of perspective and perception of your life.

Bamba, Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, and our future draft pick all have a chance to be future all stars.

Some people only look at the current roster and envision the future with ONLY that roster. That is tunnel vision. Changes will be made down road aka trades, draft picks and Free Agency. Anybody who discounts the Magic now just because they are not tanking, may be surprised if the Magic becomes a contender by the talent they have becoming better than anticipated and adding pieces down the road.

To just write them and the team off just because it doesn't fit that persons personal narrative is pretty shallow.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#300 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:

Ok... here's my problem with it all. THERE IS ONE TROPHY.....ONE..... and 30 teams!!!! At the end of the day I would like to see a team that competes every night with a strive to getting better, than just hanging my happiness on whether or not we win a championship. Developing players and producing a cohesive team, making moves that fit and make us better and sustainable.... and fielding a competitive team are all important. YES... all with the hope and inevitable goal of winning the "ship". But we aren't gonna get there if we keep letting go of great future talent for lesser more immediate ones. I'm seeing a team that is finally getting it together after half a year through the coaches first season with a great mixture of vets and young talent... and the fruits of their effort is showing. IF we are being this competitive with solid vets in Vuc, Augustin and Fournier..... and growing talents in Gordon, Fultz, Isaac and Bamba (most of whom are less than half way through their developments)....The sky is the limit for this team as the combination of continuing talent growth and experience come to fruition. AND that's not even taking into consideration the lesser talents that are all contributing in Iwundu, Briscoe and Birch are all proving to be more than serviceable.... I don't see any reason to doubt a team where players are starting to get it.

The swag and confidence i am seeing in these guys as they battle to get into the playoffs is pretty inspiring. Hope their efforts all culminate in a playoff appearance and success... Even if it is a first round exit where they push the Bucks to a 7 game series. I will be proud as hell of them

Return to Orlando Magic