ImageImageImageImage

Is Bamba the odd man out?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Will Bamba be traded?

Yes, Vuc/Birch are the Future!
20%
No, Bamba is part of our core longterm!
80%

Total votes: 60

J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Re: Is Bamba the odd man out? 

Post#61 » by J_Magic » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:29 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:For Bamba to succeed I think Vucevic needs to stay. Playing with and against Vucevic in practice will be massive for his development. Vucevic has become a good defender with limited athleticism, if he can teach Bamba defensive positioning and reads with his athletic ability that would be massive, as would any of his offensive reads and moves.

We also need competition in the roster, for spots and minutes, keeping Vucevic only adds talent and depth and will give Bamba something to aim for and keep him working hard, especially with Birch behind him too.

Vucevic on a 4 year deal, ideally with a team option 4th year would be perfect for everyone, in my opinion.

I agree. If Bamba can figure out how to defend against Vucevic in practice, then he'll take that against other Centers. Vuc is the one of the most offensively gifted Centers n the NBA.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Re: Is Bamba the odd man out? 

Post#62 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:30 am

Knightro wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:If some team offers Vuc a Max, were letting him walk and enter Bamba.

I will be genuinely shocked if any team, Orlando included, offers Vucevic a legit max deal starting at almost 33M in Year 1.

That would absolutely floor me. I think his starting salary ends up quite a bit lower than that.

Dallas is rumoured to be very interested in signing him.

Return to Orlando Magic