ImageImageImageImage

Current trade value of everyone

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Current trade value of everyone 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi guys,

Over at the TnT board we often run into a few problems when Magic trades are offered up. Usually a trade can be offered and non-Magic fans can all agree, however, the fans that roam the board usually disagree, then don't provide a counter offer or state how much they value their guy. So I'm just curious to poll the board. Which pick/player would you reasonably expect for everyone? I know that it's silly to contemplate trading half of these guys as their key pieces, developing, etc. but humor me, please. If you guys want, i can say where I value everyone too after a few posts.

Thanks guys!
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,323

Re: Current trade value of everyone 

Post#2 » by Knightro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Total shot out of a cannon...

Most valuable to least valuable assets in order (taking free agents to be off the list).

1. Jonathan Isaac
2. Aaron Gordon
3. Mo Bamba
4. 2019 1st round pick
5. Markelle Fultz
6. 2020 1st round pick
7. Evan Fournier
8. DJ Augustin
9. Wes Iwundu
10. Melvin Frazier Jr.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#3 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:41 pm

Knightro wrote:Total shot out of a cannon...

Most valuable to least valuable assets in order (taking free agents to be off the list).

1. Jonathan Isaac
2. Aaron Gordon
3. Mo Bamba
4. 2019 1st round pick
5. Markelle Fultz
6. 2020 1st round pick
7. Evan Fournier
8. DJ Augustin
9. Wes Iwundu
10. Melvin Frazier Jr.

But what would you expect for them in a trade?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,920

Post#4 » by MagicMatic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:03 pm

I’ll take a shot. Breaking it down in tiers of high/medium/medium-low/low return

1. Jonathan Isaac
2. Aaron Gordon
_______
3. 2019 frp
4. Mo Bamba
5. 2020 frp
________
6. Evan Fournier
7. Fultz
________
8- Everyone else

Fournier hasn’t been playing up to his contract this season necessarily. Fultz is a complete mystery on the high to zero scale on value. Orlando’s picks won’t be that high this year or next if they resign Vuc and Ross. Bamba has a few years before significantly contributing. Isaac and AG would give the most in return and would be the biggest trade pieces based on age/contribution/ and contract.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#5 » by NotACat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:

1. Jonathan Isaac
2. Aaron Gordon
3. Mo Bamba
4. 2019 1st round pick
5. Markelle Fultz
6. 2020 1st round pick
7. Evan Fournier
8. DJ Augustin
9. Wes Iwundu
10. Melvin Frazier Jr.

It depends on what's going out. Our FO is committed to remaining competitive so junk players and a future draft pick won't cut it for the top half of that list.
Black Lives Matter
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#6 » by InFlames » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:

1. Jonathan Isaac
2. Aaron Gordon
3. Mo Bamba
4. 2019 1st round pick
5. Markelle Fultz
6. 2020 1st round pick
7. Evan Fournier
8. DJ Augustin
9. Wes Iwundu
10. Melvin Frazier Jr.

I think it would be better if you would propose a trade for whoever and then see what we say about it tbh.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#7 » by NBlue » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 pm

1. Jonathan Isaac
2. Aaron Gordon
3. Mo Bamba
4. 2019 1st round pick
5. Markelle Fultz
6. 2020 1st round pick
7. Evan Fournier
8. DJ Augustin
9. Wes Iwundu
10. Melvin Frazier Jr.

I think that's pretty accurate but you can stop after 8 -- clearly Iwundu and Frazier have no real trade value. Fournier likely has negative value relative to his contract so I would flip Evan and DJ but aside from that I'd agree you are spot on.

In terms of a player to compare -- that's a hard thing to do as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think its very unlikely that JI is tradeable right now in any realistic scenario. The team is high on him and wants him to develop + he has shown seismic development of late so it is hard to envision how a trade involving him could occur.

Really the players you are looking at for trade value are AG and Bamba. And you have to look at not just the player but the contract. For AG, his contract makes him a very valuable asset -- 3 years left at a good number and on a very unusual declining scale. Bamba is a rookie with good but unrealized potential. I'm not sure how to give an exact valuation on a player basis but its clear both are valued at less than an allstar level.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#8 » by drsd » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Briscoe's value is climbing.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,993

Post#9 » by p0peye » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:45 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:Hi guys,

Over at the TnT board we often run into a few problems when Magic trades are offered up. Usually a trade can be offered and non-Magic fans can all agree, however, the fans that roam the board usually disagree, then don't provide a counter offer or state how much they value their guy. So I'm just curious to poll the board. Which pick/player would you reasonably expect for everyone? I know that it's silly to contemplate trading half of these guys as their key pieces, developing, etc. but humor me, please. If you guys want, i can say where I value everyone too after a few posts.

Thanks guys!

There's no firesale going in Orlando and most of the trades on T&T seem geared that way.

First round picks are getting very overrated lately and they are usually protected these days. We're seeing superstars getting traded for couple of lottery protected picks, some mix of youth and expiring contracts.

To give you more perspective, we've been drafting in lottery last 7 years and even though we hit more then we miss - it is really hard to predict what you can get even with top 10 pick, let alone in teens or later. For comparison, I'd be more than happy if we could've traded Vučević for such pick this past trade deadline.

But, I would not trade Aaron Gordon for such pick. In my mind, chances of getting similar productivity from that pick are really low. Aside from that, trading AG hardly makes sense, unless Isaac breaks out - in which case we could package him with picks for superstar PG or SF.

Isaac's value is rising. Few weeks ago many around here, me included, would accept to trade him for DSJr straight up. Now, we'd like to stand pat and see where he is going. Personally, I dislike this coming draft class to trade him unless it is top 3 pick.

Bamba is still very raw, but full of potential. I wouldn't consider any trades at this point.

Our pick in this coming draft could be traded to improve our team at PG or SF slots, as mentioned above, together with AG or any other our player. We should not be interested for any player over the age of 28. If we're not improving, no reason to trade.

I like the trade for Fultz. Reportedly Sixers asked for Ross and 2nd round pick, we gave Simmons, OKC top 20 protected 1st and 2nd round. It's a trade most of us would accept on T&T board if such proposal appeared at the time. Unfortunately, IIRC few proposed trades there had much severe price that most Magic fans would not accept.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#10 » by gobullschi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Bulls fan here. Was exploring trade down scenarios if the Bulls happen to get the third pick and miss out on Zion and Ja Morant.

What is everyone's opinion on Aaron Gordon? Does Jonothan Isaac make him expendable?

Orlando Receives:
2020 1st (lottert protected)
Kris Dunn
Cristiano Felicio

Chicago Receives:
Aaron Gordon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using RealGM mobile app
2021 Plan
1. Sign Lonzo Ball & Kelly Oubre
2. Trade up using WCJ to draft Jalen Johnson & Ibou Dianko Badji

Ball / White
LaVine / Temple
Oubre / Williams
Williams / Johnson
Markkanen / Badji / Gafford
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#11 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 pm

gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan here. Was exploring trade down scenarios if the Bulls happen to get the third pick and miss out on Zion and Ja Morant.

What is everyone's opinion on Aaron Gordon? Does Jonothan Isaac make him expendable?

Orlando Receives:
Kris Dunn
Cristiano Felicio

Chicago Receives:
Aaron Gordon

IMO Jonothan Isaac does not make Aaron Gordon expendable.

Isaac is our current starting SF and is showing flashes of dominance and the reason why our management sees him as a SF long term.

That does not mean Aaron Gordon is untouchable, but I do think Isaac has anything to do with that.

I think Clifford and our management highly regards the Isaac/Gordon tandem and see a lot of potential in the pairing.

As for the trade our main target would be Morant as well unless we're completely in love with Barett (which I could see happening as we lack a true scoring threat).

My question to you would be why trade for a player that plays the same position as your two best players (WCJ/LM)? And if it's to experiment using him at 3 what happens to Porter? I think the Bulls say no a lot quicker then Orlando here.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM

Post#12 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:

1. Jonathan Isaac
2. Aaron Gordon
3. Mo Bamba
4. 2019 1st round pick
5. Markelle Fultz
6. 2020 1st round pick
7. Evan Fournier
8. DJ Augustin
9. Wes Iwundu
10. Melvin Frazier Jr.

With all due respect dude Magic fans don't answer your question on the T&T board because it's not a question you could ask so vaguely. There has to be context and there's so many variables that play a part in the correct answer. Players coming in/going out, if picks are involved and the kind of post season we have.

You want a simplified answer where one simply does not exist.

and call me insecure, but I see a consistent trend where we answer these vague non-realistic questions here on our board and get mocked and used against us when we're discussing a trade on the T&T board so thanks, but no thanks.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM

Post#13 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:09 pm

p0peye wrote:

Thanks guys!

There's no firesale going in Orlando and most of the trades on T&T seem geared that way.

First round picks are getting very overrated lately and they are usually protected these days. We're seeing superstars getting traded for couple of lottery protected picks, some mix of youth and expiring contracts.

To give you more perspective, we've been drafting in lottery last 7 years and even though we hit more then we miss - it is really hard to predict what you can get even with top 10 pick, let alone in teens or later. For comparison, I'd be more than happy if we could've traded Vučević for such pick this past trade deadline.

But, I would not trade Aaron Gordon for such pick. In my mind, chances of getting similar productivity from that pick are really low. Aside from that, trading AG hardly makes sense, unless Isaac breaks out - in which case we could package him with picks for superstar PG or SF.

Isaac's value is rising. Few weeks ago many around here, me included, would accept to trade him for DSJr straight up. Now, we'd like to stand pat and see where he is going. Personally, I dislike this coming draft class to trade him unless it is top 3 pick.

Bamba is still very raw, but full of potential. I wouldn't consider any trades at this point.

Our pick in this coming draft could be traded to improve our team at PG or SF slots, as mentioned above, together with AG or any other our player. We should not be interested for any player over the age of 28. If we're not improving, no reason to trade.

I like the trade for Fultz. Reportedly Sixers asked for Ross and 2nd round pick, we gave Simmons, OKC top 20 protected 1st and 2nd round. It's a trade most of us would accept on T&T board if such proposal appeared at the time. Unfortunately, IIRC few proposed trades there had much severe price that most Magic fans would not accept.

Agree 100%
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM

Post#14 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:10 pm

drsd wrote:Briscoe's value is climbing.

and both Iwundu/Birch.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#15 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:13 pm

OP,

I’m a realistic fan but this needs more context.

Post a trade for Beal using the Magic’s assets (along with some other trades) and we can work from there and discuss more in-depth.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#16 » by drsd » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:43 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:OP,

I’m a realistic fan but this needs more context.

Post a trade for Beal using the Magic’s assets (along with some other trades) and we can work from there and discuss more in-depth.

Salary wise, any trade from Orlando's side is probably Fournier and Augustin. If the idea is that Washington would want further assets, I cannot see that working out. Really it is only about a SG upgrade for a player not playing up to his massive contract.

Cannot see Washington taking in Fournier simply to reduce their payroll burden.

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#17 » by gobullschi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan here. Was exploring trade down scenarios if the Bulls happen to get the third pick and miss out on Zion and Ja Morant.

Orlando Receives:
Kris Dunn
Cristiano Felicio

Chicago Receives:
Aaron Gordon

Isaac is our current starting SF and is showing flashes of dominance and the reason why our management sees him as a SF long term.

That does not mean Aaron Gordon is untouchable, but I do think Isaac has anything to do with that.

I think Clifford and our management highly regards the Isaac/Gordon tandem and see a lot of potential in the pairing.

As for the trade our main target would be Morant as well unless we're completely in love with Barett (which I could see happening as we lack a true scoring threat).

My question to you would be why trade for a player that plays the same position as your two best players (WCJ/LM)? And if it's to experiment using him at 3 what happens to Porter? I think the Bulls say no a lot quicker then Orlando here.
The Bulls are pushing to win sooner than later. (Otto Porter deal) Gordon looks more developed and ready to have an immediate impact. His contract and upside are big pluses too.

I was never a big fan of WCJ. Not because he is a bad player, I just don't see enough upside to be an all star.

I believe Lauri Markkanen is the future center. Gordon's ability to play both forward spots opens enough minutes for WCJ to have an impact and provides the Bulls with insurance with Porters injury history.

Aaron Gordon seems like he still has a lot of untapped potential but maybe not? I am a little unsure how well he would fit next to Markkanen. Do you think Gordon could work with him?

Do you have any interest moving up in the draft? Kris Dunn?

2021 Plan
1. Sign Lonzo Ball & Kelly Oubre
2. Trade up using WCJ to draft Jalen Johnson & Ibou Dianko Badji

Ball / White
LaVine / Temple
Oubre / Williams
Williams / Johnson
Markkanen / Badji / Gafford
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#18 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks guys!

i would disagree on this point. Many Magic fans on the TnT board have made cases on how they value the Magic players, and we are all called homers or that the players putting up stats are "bloating stats on bad teams" and that they wouldnt play that well on other teams. while ignoring similar cases with players on other losing teams.

and to me, a players value can fluctuate, depending on whether you are getting a player back, how desperate the team you are trading with needs to make a move, etc.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#19 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:26 pm

Orlando Receives:
Kris Dunn
Cristiano Felicio

Chicago Receives:
Aaron Gordon

Isaac right now has not made AG expendable yet. we still dont know if ISaac can stay healthy and stay consistent with his offense. If he continues his current play until the end of the year, that situation may change.

that said, if it did, you offer would be very intriguing as Orlando could grab the best wing, assuming Zion/Morant go 1-2.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#20 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

Orlando Receives:
Kris Dunn
Cristiano Felicio

Chicago Receives:
Aaron Gordon

confirmed reports out of Chicago is that LM is gaining weight to play center.

Return to Orlando Magic