ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 70: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-51) at Orlando Magic (31-38)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,907

Re: Regular Season Game 70: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-51) at Orlando Magic (31-38) 

Post#81 » by Knightro » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 pm

NBlue wrote:I think we will need 39 wins. I think the Heat will also have 39 at seasons end. So we need to take those 3, beat the Heat on 3/26, take care of business against the Knicks & Hawks in April and then win one of our remaining games against the Sixers, Pistons, Pacers, Raptors, Celtics & Hornets. To me, that seems doable. Not sure we can do it -- but if we are worthy of the playoffs we clearly should. (Could also see us losing to the Heat and winning more of the other games in theory).

39 DEFINITELY gets you the 8 seed in my opinion.

I just think Miami's schedule is tougher than Orlando's overall. I only see three games where the Heat will be clearly favored to win and then like five 50/50 games on top of that. I'm not confident they can get to 39 wins with this schedule, although they have been a .500 team on the road this year. Most of their road games are against teams clearly better than they are.

vs Milwaukee
vs Charlotte
@ Oklahoma City
@ San Antonio
@ Milwaukee
@ Washington
vs Orlando
vs Dallas
@ New York
@ Boston
vs Boston
@ Minnesota
@ Toronto
vs Philadelphia
@ Brooklyn

Compare that with Orlando who has five games they'll be clearly favored to win (not saying the Magic will win them all, but they're all at home) with another four or five 50/50 games.

If Orlando wins that game in Miami on 3/26, that very well might be what gets them into the playoffs.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Re: Regular Season Game 70: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-51) at Orlando Magic (31-38) 

Post#82 » by 407Junkie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:28 pm

NickAnderson wrote:It’s hilarious this is only 4 pages in a blowout but if we lost it’s be 25+ pages :lol:
You're sticking your chest out about this team beating the damn Cleveland Cavaliers? Wow.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#83 » by OrlandO » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:06 pm

407Junkie wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:It’s hilarious this is only 4 pages in a blowout but if we lost it’s be 25+ pages :lol:
You're sticking your chest out about this team beating the damn Cleveland Cavaliers? Wow.

You're wasting your time following a team you hate. Wow.

:crazy:
BadHombre
Senior
And1: 481

Post#84 » by BadHombre » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Knightro wrote:
NBlue wrote:I think we will need 39 wins. I think the Heat will also have 39 at seasons end. So we need to take those 3, beat the Heat on 3/26, take care of business against the Knicks & Hawks in April and then win one of our remaining games against the Sixers, Pistons, Pacers, Raptors, Celtics & Hornets. To me, that seems doable. Not sure we can do it -- but if we are worthy of the playoffs we clearly should. (Could also see us losing to the Heat and winning more of the other games in theory).

39 DEFINITELY gets you the 8 seed in my opinion.

I just think Miami's schedule is tougher than Orlando's overall. I only see three games where the Heat will be clearly favored to win and then like five 50/50 games on top of that. I'm not confident they can get to 39 wins with this schedule, although they have been a .500 team on the road this year. Most of their road games are against teams clearly better than they are.

Yeah but toughness is relative to the team. Orlando has lost to New York, Cleveland, Dallas and Memphis recently. Miami has done their job and beat those teams, along with Golden State, Brooklyn and Detroit.

Right now, the team’s track record provides more doubt than optimism.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,907

Post#85 » by Knightro » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:50 pm

BadHombre wrote:Yeah but toughness is relative to the team. Orlando has lost to New York, Cleveland, Dallas and Memphis recently. Miami has done their job and beat those teams, along with Golden State, Brooklyn and Detroit.

Right now, the team’s track record provides more doubt than optimism.

Sure. No disagreements there.

The Magic HAVE been mentally weak. My only retort is that those losses (they beat Dallas) all came on the road.

I just happen to think the Magic will beat Atlanta x2, New Orleans, Memphis and New York at home. Those teams are really bad on the road and the Magic haven't had many horrible home losses recently. In fact, they have only lost once at home period since the end of January.

If they can beat the bad teams at home, that would get them to 35 wins.

Could they go 3-4 in the 7 other games against the better teams? Maybe not with most of them coming on the road. But 38 wins I think would get them in.

Return to Orlando Magic