ImageImageImageImage

What would be Fair Value to resign Vuc 4 years increasing starting at.....

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Poll ended at Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm

18-20M
23%
21-23M
41%
24-26M
21%
27-29M
15%

Total votes: 39

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#1 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Since it seems like a lot of people want to resign Vuc to a "Fair Deal" I am wondering what that looks like to people? Once I get the results I will throw in the contract on Capulator and we can see in terms of $$ how/if we improve this team outside of trades.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Re: What would be Fair Value to resign Vuc 4 years increasing starting at..... 

Post#2 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Length and structure of contract also plays a huge factor. I would rather pay Vuc above his market value if he agreed to a shorter contract for ex. 2 + 1

Fair in Magic fans eyes is 18 - 20m

Fair in regard to his market value is 24 - 26m

26+ is an overpay and which after all said and done he might very well get. He will have a lot of suitors ranging from lottery teams like Atlanta to fringe playoff teams like Sacramento to wanna be contenders like LA.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#3 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:13 pm

24-26M, but decreasing.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Length and structure of contract also plays a huge factor. I would rather pay Vuc above his market value if he agreed to a shorter contract for ex. 2 + 1

Fair in Magic fans eyes is 18 - 20m

Fair in regard to his market value is 24 - 26m

26+ is an overpay and which after all said and done he might very well get. He will have a lot of suitors ranging from lottery teams like Atlanta to fringe playoff teams like Sacramento to wanna be contenders like LA.

Hence why I said 4 years, there is 0% chance Vuc takes a 2 or 3 year deal in the peak of his career. I could see maybe see a decreasing contract (if FO somehow offers is) but have to Imagine negotiations from other teams will have him make more as the years go on knowing that kills Orlando's Cap. AG was a weird deal where I don't think many teams had Cap Space and he was RFA.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#5 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:37 pm

If you give him Aaron's deal.... I would be ecstatic.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#6 » by Anti Chalmers » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:59 pm

4/90 would be great
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#7 » by jayrehme » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:14 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:If you give him Aaron's deal.... I would be ecstatic.

Vuc is an allstar getting towards the end of his prime. He will get more than AG.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#8 » by p0peye » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Vučević's contract might surprise most of people on this board.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#9 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Everyone thought Capella was going to get the max, but ended with a 5/80 (including 10 mil in incentives). That’s 18 per if all incentives are met/16 if not. Money was different that time though and not many people had it to spend.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Everyone thought Capella was going to get the max, but ended with a 5/80 (including 10 mil in incentives). That’s 18 per if all incentives are met/16 if not. Money was different that time though and not many people had it to spend.

Capela really doesn't fit many teams though does he? He's a defensive minded C who feasts off PnR rim running options. 80% of his shots last year came within 3 feet of basket and this year its 75%. Vuc for the most part could go to every NBA team and be an asset either starting or off the bench as a scoring hit who can hold his own defensively.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#11 » by The Effect » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:34 pm

p0peye wrote:Vučević's contract might surprise most of people on this board.

For me to be shocked, he would have to get less than max
Hes a top 3 center, under 30 and just lead a team most expected to win 25, into the playoffs

Hes going to get max whether we like it or not, whether we are the ones giving it to him or not (heres hoping we do, and find a way to keep ross as well)
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:47 pm

The Effect wrote:

Hes a top 3 center, under 30 and just lead a team most expected to win 25, into the playoffs

Hes going to get max whether we like it or not, whether we are the ones giving it to him or not (heres hoping we do, and find a way to keep ross as well)

You understand a MAX deal would be 5 years 187M or 4 years 145M. That's Lebron, Durant, PG13, Giannis, AD, Westbrook, Kyrie numbers... If someone offers him the max you thank him for what he's done over the last 7 years and let him go.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#13 » by Xatticus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:26 pm

The Effect wrote:

He's not a top three center. I believe he was ranked ninth in the dunc'd on podcast's recent center rankings. Even if you disagree with their rankings, there is simply no way you can slot him into the category of centers including Gobert, Jokic, Embiid, or Davis.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#14 » by fklt » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Xatticus wrote:I believe he was ranked ninth in the dunc'd on podcast's recent center rankings. Even if you disagree with their rankings, there is simply no way you can slot him into the category of centers including Gobert, Jokic, Embiid, or Davis.

there is certainly a way you can of slot him into the centers including Gobert, Jokic, Embiid. this year he pretty much played like it, but I know how hard it is for you to accept this.

The Effect

Post#15 » by The Effect » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
The Effect wrote:

You understand a MAX deal would be 5 years 187M or 4 years 145M. That's Lebron, Durant, PG13, Giannis, AD, Westbrook, Kyrie numbers... If someone offers him the max you thank him for what he's done over the last 7 years and let him go.

Hes not worth as much as lebron or KD, but hes worth as much as a Mike Conley or Kyle Lowry

Unfortunately the way NBA salaries are set up, you dont have to be generational talent like lebron or KD to get that deal, you just have to be really good and be a guy you team cant afford to lose thats Vuc. Hes going to get max, or pretty damn close to it. i know people like to discount him on here, but id bet anyone that NBA GMs dont undervalue him come contract time
The Effect

Post#16 » by The Effect » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:28 pm

fklt wrote:
Xatticus wrote:I believe he was ranked ninth in the dunc'd on podcast's recent center rankings. Even if you disagree with their rankings, there is simply no way you can slot him into the category of centers including Gobert, Jokic, Embiid, or Davis.

there is certainly a way you can of slot him into the centers including Gobert, Jokic, Embiid. this year he pretty much played like it, but I know how hard it is for you to accept this.

Exactly

Id put him right there with Jokic and Embiid as the top centers in the league (i guess anthony davis is listed as a center so obviously he would be the clear #1, but ive always seen him as a PF for some reason, kinda like a tim duncan or something)

I really think people are still thinking of Vuc from 3-4 years ago where he was a one dimensional post guy on a bad team, but this year hes really picked it up and become and elite C with skill to do it all
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#17 » by OrlandoSaban » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 pm

I think Vuc loves the Magic, lives living in Orlando and loves having to pay no state sales tax.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,721

Post#18 » by thelead » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:02 am

fklt wrote:

That stat says Grant is better than Briscoe and MCW...
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#19 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:13 am

OrlandoSaban wrote:I think Vuc loves the Magic, lives living in Orlando and loves having to pay no state sales tax.

And more importantly, I bet his family love Orlando as well.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#20 » by zaymon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 am

I think this poll is silly. It should start at 25 and end on max. This is just disrespectful
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic