ImageImageImageImage

What would be Fair Value to resign Vuc 4 years increasing starting at.....

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

What would be Fair Value to resign Vuc 4 years increasing starting at.....

Poll ended at Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm

18-20M
23%
21-23M
41%
24-26M
21%
27-29M
15%

Total votes: 39

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: What would be Fair Value to resign Vuc 4 years increasing starting at..... 

Post#21 » by MoMM » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm

zaymon wrote:I think this poll is silly. It should start at 25 and end on max. This is just disrespectful

They just want to handle the situation like we did in the past with Shaq :noway:
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#22 » by Tarheel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:00 pm

4 yrs $100m for me

Preferably a similar structure to AGs deal:

29, 26, 24, 21
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#23 » by paperboymafia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:33 pm

let's see how he fairs in the playoffs before answering this seriously?
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#24 » by dsg2021 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:11 pm

What I will say is that it if it is shorter like a 1-year, 2-year, or 3-year deal, then you look at paying him big. The Magic line up some massive cap space in 2 years, so a maxed out, max raise, 2-year deal with a 3rd year partial guarantee or TO is an easy move to make. Very strategic by ORL, and Vooch can't make anymore money than this for the next 2 years.

My more favorite scenario is the full bird rights, 5 year, deal. You give Vooch an insane amount of money and security, and you can even give him a TK (tradekicker) and possibly some Veto rights (he controls who he is traded to) (also plausible to add these to a maxed out 2-year deal if it closes a deal). All of these benefits and positive features to Vooch gives him his due worth, but then it also gives ORL something very strategic, a negotiation stance of putting all of those benefits on a deal starting somewhere in the 17-25 mil range, and possibly declining in some years too. 21, 20, 19 (big cap space summer), 20, 21?
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#25 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:31 pm

dsg2021 wrote:What I will say is that it if it is shorter like a 1-year, 2-year, or 3-year deal, then you look at paying him big. The Magic line up some massive cap space in 2 years, so a maxed out, max raise, 2-year deal with a 3rd year partial guarantee or TO is an easy move to make. Very strategic by ORL, and Vooch can't make anymore money than this for the next 2 years.

My more favorite scenario is the full bird rights, 5 year, deal. You give Vooch an insane amount of money and security, and you can even give him a TK (tradekicker) and possibly some Veto rights (he controls who he is traded to) (also plausible to add these to a maxed out 2-year deal if it closes a deal). All of these benefits and positive features to Vooch gives him his due worth, but then it also gives ORL something very strategic, a negotiation stance of putting all of those benefits on a deal starting somewhere in the 17-25 mil range, and possibly declining in some years too. 21, 20, 19 (big cap space summer), 20, 21?

A no trade clause, trade kicker or trade veto type of deal would be interesting but IMO if you're looking to lock up Vuc at 5 years you absolutely need to move Bamba.

Birch has shown he can play backup C minutes and succeed this year + we'll get Moz back next year for 3rd string emergency issues. Yeah it looks dumb trading a 6th pick so soon but it would make some sense looking to improve the roster in other areas (after a successful playoff push) especially since we'll be capped. Would be easier to trade Bamba now then wait a year as he gets 10-18M a night and if he struggles then the value is even lower.

The Vuc saga will decide how they're viewed in Orlando, and you could say it's the 2nd/3rd biggest decision this Organization has had to make after the Shaq FA and Tim Duncan FA chase.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Post#26 » by Catledge » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:11 pm

I would use the value of the fifth year (which nobody else can offer) to give Vooch added security while pushing down the per-year cost. So if we think somebody will offer him $100m over 4 years, I would try to get him to take $110m over 5 with the money front-loaded as much as possible.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#27 » by pepe1991 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Embiid and Jokić are only Cs i'm taking over Vuc this year.
I think that's how most GMs would rank him as well.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#28 » by fendilim » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Hahaha at the start of the season, people were crucifying who suggested Vuc would get 20+ million. Now... hahaha
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#29 » by NBlue » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:17 pm

The Effect wrote:
p0peye wrote:Vučević's contract might surprise most of people on this board.

For me to be shocked, he would have to get less than max
Hes a top 3 center, under 30 and just lead a team most expected to win 25, into the playoffs

Hes going to get max whether we like it or not, whether we are the ones giving it to him or not (heres hoping we do, and find a way to keep ross as well)

Be specific then -- who is giving him a max deal? I don't see it.

Return to Orlando Magic