ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 82: Orlando Magic (41-40) at Charlotte Hornets (39-42)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Re: Regular Season Game 82: Orlando Magic (41-40) at Charlotte Hornets (39-42) 

Post#281 » by nymets1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:16 am

PrimeThyme wrote:If we wind up the 8th seed because Vuc sat out with a **** stomach virus I'm going to be quite upset. This should have been treated like a playoff game tonight. Why let up now?

Stomach virus is CONTAGIOUS, It's not a good idea to have teammates catch your stomach virus with a playoff series coming up. Best to keep him away from the team.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#282 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
407Junkie wrote:I believe Gordon can do that regularly if Vucevic wasn’t on the team. He voluntarily takes a backseat to the foreign crew.

Taking a back seat and taking illadvised shots are 2 totally different things. I've seen him get those switches with pg.... and dance on the perimeter ..... then take a fadeaway jumper.... I'm guessing that's cuz vuc is there?

Please show me one clip of AG dancing on the perimeter with a PG guarding him that isn't an end of shot clock situation.

Don't get me wrong.... I am a huge AG fan... but point is there were times that he fell in love with taking jumpers when given the ball in a mismatched position. Which at the end of the day I don't mind if he knows he can make them... but has yet to fully translate to real game speed. I've just always wanted him to be more like Giannis... not being him the player... but the mentality of just "Know what you are good at currently and focus on that while letting the new stuff come naturally in the flow of the game."

Through sheer effort, activity and focus alone... Gordon could push that 20 point mark with fast breaks, cuts, putbacks and getting to the line. All the other stuff will come along as well.... because i do think he could be a swiss army knife type talent by his prime.

But digressing... the point is... Vuc's presence should not be used to blame for "Holding Aaron back". Aaron is a mismatch for most players with his combination of speed, athleticism, strength and growing skillset.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,540

Post#283 » by Bergmaniac » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 pm

The statisticians who claim there is no such thing as a hot hand in basketball should do a study on Ross, LOL, he's the most blatant counter-example. He was huge in this one and we needed it since Kemba as usual wa sin God-mode against us. AG was great too. great to see us finishing with a winning record and above the 8th seed.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#284 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:27 pm

A bonus from this game: our guys played great away (they'd been doing that for a while now) and on NATIONAL TELEVISION (was this the first of the year?). Hopefully that means Cliff can keep them focused in the playoffs instead of simply being satisfied with making it.
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#285 » by OrlandoSaban » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:55 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:Taking a back seat and taking illadvised shots are 2 totally different things. I've seen him get those switches with pg.... and dance on the perimeter ..... then take a fadeaway jumper.... I'm guessing that's cuz vuc is there?

Please show me one clip of AG dancing on the perimeter with a PG guarding him that isn't an end of shot clock situation.

Don't get me wrong.... I am a huge AG fan... but point is there were times that he fell in love with taking jumpers when given the ball in a mismatched position. Which at the end of the day I don't mind if he knows he can make them... but has yet to fully translate to real game speed. I've just always wanted him to be more like Giannis... not being him the player... but the mentality of just "Know what you are good at currently and focus on that while letting the new stuff come naturally in the flow of the game."

Through sheer effort, activity and focus alone... Gordon could push that 20 point mark with fast breaks, cuts, putbacks and getting to the line. All the other stuff will come along as well.... because i do think he could be a swiss army knife type talent by his prime.

But digressing... the point is... Vuc's presence should not be used to blame for "Holding Aaron back". Aaron is a mismatch for most players with his combination of speed, athleticism, strength and growing skillset.

He scored 27 points last night while having another player score 35.

Are you kidding me?
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#286 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:08 pm

OrlandoSaban wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:

He scored 27 points last night while having another player score 35.

Are you kidding me?

not getting your point?

but... if you're assuming that i'm attacking AG... i'm not. Just pointing out that I believe that he can get his in many ways on any given night if he focuses his efforts and consistently takes advantage of his mismatches. No matter who else is on the court with him, vuc,fournier, Jordan lol... AG jack of all trades and combination of skills makes him a unique player.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#287 » by magicman112 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:25 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:A bonus from this game: our guys played great away (they'd been doing that for a while now) and on NATIONAL TELEVISION (was this the first of the year?). Hopefully that means Cliff can keep them focused in the playoffs instead of simply being satisfied with making it.

They're winning key games and doing it in convincing fashion. Boston was a must win to lock up a playoff spot and they go up there and hold off a very good team to get that win. Then the next game they go into Charlotte where they haven't won in 4 YEARS down two starters and get the job done. Last season and even early this season they don't win either one of these games.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#288 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:04 pm

One thing I noticed once again is what a a huge liability Biyombo is in the 4th quarter. He got some easy points early on but once the 4th quarter started we guarded everyone but Biyombo and thus their spacing disappeared. He is totally unplayable in 4 quarters. Can't believe we benched Vuc at one point for that guy.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic