ImageImageImageImage

Everything Orlando vs Toronto (minus GT's)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Re: Everything Orlando vs Toronto (minus GT's) 

Post#341 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Oakvillehoops wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Oakvillehoops wrote:I like you’re team other then Evan Fournier. That guy is possibly the biggest loser in the NBA. Always running his mouth and making stupid comments. Also sounds like a cancer to your team for a guy who belongs off the bench. Maybe he’s mad he’s balding and had to shave his onion head?

one of the few players on the team that can create for himself. why exactly is he "the biggest loser in the NBA"? because he doesnt flop like Lowry? because he pulls an Ibaka and doesnt even try for a team that traded for him and is a locker room cancer? because he doesnt whine to the refs after every play like Green?

He thinks he’s 10x better then he is, and he runs his mouth. Yes Lowry is an absolute flopper, yes Ibaka is bum. Danny Green is a class act and a champion, you’re mistaken in regards to him.

You don’t need to jab raptor players, I’m much more of an NBA fan then a raptor fan. Kyle Lowry is in my least 10 favourite players. But Evan Fournier is a flat out scrub.

i dont see him acting 10x better than he is. And Green was whining after every play. How dare a ref think he couldnt defend a person without fouling him, when it was obvious in the middle the court with him caught reaching. Fournier isnt a scrub, just not a player that developed as far as people wanted. The same people held the pitchforks to run Tobias HArris out of town because he didnt develop a 3 pt shot quick enough and didnt turn into a superstar. Many of the same rushed Dipo out of town too.
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#342 » by J_Magic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:22 pm

I think we need to change our lineup.

Matchups do not work in our favour.

I would even bite on Jerian Grant to get some action.

Start TRoss.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#343 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Small ball 5.

DJ EF TRoss AG Isaac.... we have to pick up the pace and get more possessions. Continuing to watch them double Vuc in the post while Isaac iwundu and AG camp at the 3 point line is LoL. See if Vuc can’t get going against the 2nd unit and go from there.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#344 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:33 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Small ball 5.

DJ EF TRoss AG Isaac.... we have to pick up the pace and get more possessions. Continuing to watch them double Vuc in the post while Isaac iwundu and AG camp at the 3 point line is LoL. See if Vuc can’t get going against the 2nd unit and go from there.

So, Vučević , 260 pounds C is being manhandled by Gasol, so let's try to change things up and set 205 pounds SF-PF to try to bang with him? :-?

If i'm Isaac and they tell me to guard Gasol i would tell them to play this during a game

After a game : Robbins " Isaac, what are your plans for offseason"

Isaac:

Jokes aside, maybe logical move is to put Birch along side Vuc, or MCW instad of DJ to have Dj as another shooter off bench ,since MCW and Iwundu can't play together .

Tbh i don't think there is any adjustment that can save us at this point.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#345 » by jayrehme » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 pm

I agree.. would like to see Ross in the starting lineup to spread the floor... vuc can be the instant offense
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#346 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:42 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

So, Vučević , 260 pounds C is being manhandled by Gasol, so let's try to change things up and set 205 pounds SF-PF to try to bang with him? :-?

If i'm Isaac and they tell me to guard Gasol i would tell them to play this during a game

Isaac:

Vuc plays more like 195 than 260.... it’s not that hard to guard slow footed Nicole Softevic.

Not saying it’ll work but you’ve gotta try something. Clearly what we’re doing isn’t working.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#347 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:50 pm

It's crazy how everybody thinks we should go diff directions with diff players.. pepe isn't high on Isaac but loves Vuc, and is eh on Fournier, Martins loves Fournier but hates Vuc and likes Isaac.. I don't mind if we move on from any of our vets.. :lol:
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#348 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:52 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Isaac:

Vuc plays more like 195 than 260.... it’s not that hard to guard slow footed Nicole Softevic.

Not saying it’ll work but you’ve gotta try something. Clearly what we’re doing isn’t working.

We can stop pretending that any Magic player is having good playoffs on offense.
Gordon is averaging 16 ppg, 22,5 ppg in blowouts and 10 ppg in actual close games.
Evan is terrible.
Ross is career 36% FG shooter in playoffs.
Isaac shoots 30% overall.
Iwundu and MCW are there by accident.
DJ can call Danny Green Daddy Green.

But all the focus goes on Vučević, who is also terrible ,but not much worst ( or better) than any other Magic player.

Just complete shutdown by Raptors.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#349 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:07 pm

SOUL wrote:It's crazy how everybody thinks we should go diff directions with diff players.. pepe isn't high on Isaac but loves Vuc, and is eh on Fournier, Martins loves Fournier but hates Vuc and likes Isaac.. I don't mind if we move on from any of our vets.. :lol:

:lol:

Man back in 2017 me and Pennytoshaq argued for 4 months is ISaac SF or PF. i claimed he can't play SF due lack of ballhandling and shooting skills.

But in reality, if we are being 100% honest, 2017 draft pick was such a collosal failure for all teams but Kings and Celtics in deep lottery that trading pick for proven player or trading pick for future draft picks was easly best solution.
Over time i wanted Smith Jr just because of Magic guard rotation, but even he looks like crap nowdays.

Ofc it's easy to say it now , but that draft is such a disaster all across the board. Ball, Fultz, Jackson, Ntiklina, Smith JR,Collins, Monk, kennard.... Uber talented Tatum and solid Mitchell and Markkanen kind a hide how terrible that draft class is.

Lonzo Ball, 10 ppg player, who shot 40% FTs last year was voted in all nba second rookie team because they simply had nobody else to put in. Hell, even Josh Jackson got voted in . Same Josh Jackson is so damn bad that almost every Suns fan wants to see him gone. And first overall pick from that draft is now on Magic :lol:

As for Vučević, i have zero desire to keep him on max salary or 5 years contract, or anything above $24-25M a year , if it's not 1+1 in terms of lenght.
I can see both ways and why so many people want him gone, however i don't wanna be angry camper when at July 1 he signs extension. This place will burn .
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#350 » by KillMonger » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:23 pm

More than likely vuc is coming back, just accept it and you'll feel better. Martins won't let us go back to being a 30 win team, fans already had a taste of the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#351 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Solid Snake wrote:More than likely vuc is coming back, just accept it and you'll feel better. Martins won't let us go back to being a 30 win team, fans already had a taste of the playoffs.

And 11 more years until championship.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#352 » by KillMonger » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:More than likely vuc is coming back, just accept it and you'll feel better. Martins won't let us go back to being a 30 win team, fans already had a taste of the playoffs.

We'll get there some day but we got to build on what we got, if we wanted to blow it up we should have done it before. Doing it now is pointless because we would have nothing to sell. It's paltry but at least we can sell fans on being a playoff team going forward. I endured 7 years of trash, being in the lottery every year. Don't want to go back to lottery purgatory.

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#353 » by Furinkazan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 pm

AG or Isaac cant play few minutes at center?They will get destroyed?maybe but while you typed this Rondae Hollis Jefferson was guarding Embiid.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#354 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Isaac switched onto Gasol a few times and played him decently this series. Not sure about a full time thing though.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#355 » by Bensational » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:38 pm

I don't think we need to change up who's on the court, other than Ross over Fournier, but we need to change how we're using these guys. Pull Vuc out of the paint and put him on the perimeter. He's not getting any good looks with Gasol pushing him around, and he's rushing shots anyway - but they're daring to leave him open on the perimeter. We know he can hit 3's, so he should make them pay from there.

Isaac, on the other hand, needs to put the ball on the floor when it comes to him open on the perimeter. Drive into the paint and get in for a higher percentage shot. The playoff stakes have obviously got him nervous as a shooter, so take a page out of Siakam's book and go get a shot near the rim. Get a floater if you have to.

Gordon is the only player who's learned to get into the paint and then use a step back fade to get himself space for a decent jumper. Everyone else is just forcing shots up through arms. Take a page out of his book, too.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#356 » by Bakomagic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:59 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Isaac:

We can stop pretending that any Magic player is having good playoffs on offense.
Gordon is averaging 16 ppg, 22,5 ppg in blowouts and 10 ppg in actual close games.
Evan is terrible.

But all the focus goes on Vučević, who is also terrible ,but not much worst ( or better) than any other Magic player.

I think AG is playing well offensively. You keep saying that he is scoring well in blowouts but it’s not like he is scoring on third stringers. The points he scored were during points where we were trying to cut into the lead and the raptors were trying to stop us from coming back.

Plus he is playing against one of the best on ball defenders in the league and he is trying to stop one of the best iso scorers in the league on the other side of the ball.

He is making perimeter shots, scoring at the rim, making midrange shots and playmaking for others.

Again he is not playing like a star scorer or anything but I’d say he is playing well.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#357 » by thelead » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:13 am

Solid Snake wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

We'll get there some day but we got to build on what we got, if we wanted to blow it up we should have done it before. Doing it now is pointless because we would have nothing to sell. It's paltry but at least we can sell fans on being a playoff team going forward. I endured 7 years of trash, being in the lottery every year. Don't want to go back to lottery purgatory.

We were very healthy this year in terms of impact players. We will not be a playoff team if any starter or Ross misses significant time off the court. That’s the problem with maxing our cap with this team.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#358 » by Bensational » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:23 am

Bakomagic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Evan is terrible.

I think AG is playing well offensively. You keep saying that he is scoring well in blowouts but it’s not like he is scoring on third stringers. The points he scored were during points where we were trying to cut into the lead and the raptors were trying to stop us from coming back.

Plus he is playing against one of the best on ball defenders in the league and he is trying to stop one of the best iso scorers in the league on the other side of the ball.

He is making perimeter shots, scoring at the rim, making midrange shots and playmaking for others.

Again he is not playing like a star scorer or anything but I’d say he is playing well.

You shouldn't be surprised by Pepe's double standard. Vuc isn't scoring at all, yet somehow there's a way that Gordon's efforts are comparable. Gordon is also being defended by a two time former DPOTY, and he's finding a way to get it done.

Vuc has been a disappointment. There's no other way to frame it. For all the all-star acclaim he received, he has wilted under the pressure of the playoffs and has been unable to adapt.

That is ok though. It doesn't negate the good season he had. It doesn't make him a bad player. If he had more help outside of Gordon, he might get better looks and get firing again. But it does highlight that he's unreliable as your #1 option and scorer, meaning the team needs to address that with or without him.
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#359 » by J the Drafter » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 am

I’d love to see screens and cuts from the players left open when Vuc is doubled. Don’t let them stand still so passing lanes can be closed off and three-point shots can be contested.

More screens period from the right players might be helpful, since screens are an excellent way to get scorers opportunities to score. Curry and Klay set screens to distract the defense before cutting to the basket or darting around screens. There’s also the screen and roll/screen and pop option, of course, but forcing a defender to help defend against a screen can distract them from guarding their man.

Using non-shooters as screeners is a good way to force teams to stop cheating off those non-shooters, since there’s no way to defend against the screens without having a defender attached to the screener.

A play where Fournier sets a screen for Vucevic before Vucevic screens for D.J. and dives to the hoop, grabs post position, or pops open might be helpful. Screening the screener’s man (Spain pick-and-roll) is a useful wrinkle that Bballbreakdown has covered. My hope is that—aside from being a good play in general—this would complicate defense on Fournier. And hell, maybe it gets D.J. going, too.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#360 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:54 am

If it’s Martins call then the FO needs to step down and spill the beans.

Return to Orlando Magic