ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#841 » by orlando1214 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:54 am

Top two guys for me are Herro and NAW, I would be very happy with either. Some of the other Guards mentioned by others I'd be fine with as well, it really just depends on how the draft plays out.

Another guy I really like is Brandon Clarke, he isn't mentioned here because this team badly needs shooters and guards, but he is an absolute beast defensively, and could fit in that back up forward spot. Of course, he is not my first choice but I like him, and because of his athleticism and defense, I wouldn't be shocked if the Magic picked him. He is older than most and his wingspan isn't huge, so who knows. Definitely not a huge need, but he's a guy I like and I know he did work out for the Magic.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#842 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:12 pm

orlando1214 wrote:Top two guys for me are Herro and NAW, I would be very happy with either. Some of the other Guards mentioned by others I'd be fine with as well, it really just depends on how the draft plays out.

Another guy I really like is Brandon Clarke, he isn't mentioned here because this team badly needs shooters and guards, but he is an absolute beast defensively, and could fit in that back up forward spot. Of course, he is not my first choice but I like him, and because of his athleticism and defense, I wouldn't be shocked if the Magic picked him. He is older than most and his wingspan isn't huge, so who knows. Definitely not a huge need, but he's a guy I like and I know he did work out for the Magic.

Clarke is a 6'8 player with 6'8 wingspan, undersized at PF in the NBA. not worth the #16 for us.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#843 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:17 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Bol Bol might have jumped back into the lottery after his performance today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I don't think he showed anything that he hadn't already shown in HS/his limited pro career. Bol Bols skillset on the offensive end isnt what's going to keep him from the lottery. It's the immense injury concern that comes along with him, his questionable defensive intangibles, and his questionable work ethic.

A team may take a shot on him in the lottery but I highly doubt that his pre-draft workout really moved the needle for a GM much.
Hey seems like one,of Those guys that "Surprisingly" falls in the draft.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#844 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Magic4champ wrote:Bol bol has a wet jumpshot. Claxton has the potential to be a playmaking center. Claxton has good ball handling skills to increase the pace like Draymond. Hopefully he is as passionate at Monztriel of the Clippers in defense.
I think our draft choices will determine if we are giving Vooch a longterm lucrative deal or will remake our lineup again and anchor our defense in Mo Bamba.
I highly doubt the 16th pick determines what we do with our All star center. I mean it could, but, highly doubtful.

#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#845 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:21 pm

NSB_Magic wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:I would love to see Aubrey Dawkins take over Iwundu's role this year. More talented player overall.

I still really like Iwundu - relatively speaking-
If he could just develop that 3 ball he could be a great 3-d bench player for years.
How could anyone possibly know that hes better? I feel like Iwundu gets unnecessarily hated on. I thought he was a decent energy player.

#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#846 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Tyler Herro is definitely moving up.

He is the guy I want at #16.

However, I think this Draft has some good talent and The Magic will have some good options at #16.

#46 will be another story.
Two words...
Taco. Fall.

#2A
#Adopt
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#847 » by magicman112 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
NSB_Magic wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:I would love to see Aubrey Dawkins take over Iwundu's role this year. More talented player overall.

I still really like Iwundu - relatively speaking-
If he could just develop that 3 ball he could be a great 3-d bench player for years.
How could anyone possibly know that hes better? I feel like Iwundu gets unnecessarily hated on. I thought he was a decent energy player.

Yes Iwundu impressed me this season he brought good energy defensively and started making shots. He was a complete mess in Summer League I didn't have very high hopes for him.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#848 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:15 pm

However, I think this Draft has some good talent and The Magic will have some good options at #16.

I think you are underestimating second round. There are guys who would be absolute steals at 46 like Jontay Porter, young guys like Lecque and THT, international guys without much attention Zoosman, Sirvydis, Brazdeikis, Smailagic and King, Dort, Roby, Bazley, Ponds.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#849 » by drsd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm

orlando1214 wrote:Top two guys for me are Herro and NAW, I would be very happy with either.

I also am settled to one of those two. This is like the year Orlando drafted Redick, as it was stated he had "an NBA skill." That skill, high percentage outside shooting, is as important as it has ever been.

I suspect this is why there is a lot less discussion about Orlando drafting Romeo Langford.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#850 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:08 pm

I wouldn't be mad at Nic Claxton.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#851 » by dsg2021 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Hogified05 wrote:Nobody in our range really gets my blood going. Suppose I'd go Herro for the shooting, maybe take a stab on Little if he is there, hometown kid that was suppose to be a top 5 pick. Maybe he finds it again.

Only guy late in the first I'd like to get is Edwards. Umm is it me or did everyone forget what that kid did in the tourney? Promise that kid has a long career in this new NBA. At worst you getting a microwave off the bench who gets buckets.

Good comment on Edwards, he's being slept on.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#852 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:19 pm

dsg2021 wrote:
Hogified05 wrote:Nobody in our range really gets my blood going. Suppose I'd go Herro for the shooting, maybe take a stab on Little if he is there, hometown kid that was suppose to be a top 5 pick. Maybe he finds it again.

Only guy late in the first I'd like to get is Edwards. Umm is it me or did everyone forget what that kid did in the tourney? Promise that kid has a long career in this new NBA. At worst you getting a microwave off the bench who gets buckets.

Good comment on Edwards, he's being slept on.

HUGE Edwards fan and had we not traded the 2nd pick in 2nd round that's who I would've taken. He'll be gone by 46.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#853 » by jayrehme » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:39 pm

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#854 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Two words...
Taco. Fall.

I like Fall as a possibility too at #46.

He also doesn't have to be on the 15 man roster. He could be a two-way player that could be a restricted free agent after a year or two.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#855 » by The Effect » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:43 pm

im only adding Fall to this roster as an undrafted free agent. Wouldnt waste a pick on that guy, not 46, not even if we can buy the 60th pick
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#856 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Good synopsis! I would love for him to be there at 16... but i would doubt it.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#857 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:04 pm

zaymon wrote:

I think you are underestimating second round. There are guys who would be absolute steals at 46 like Jontay Porter, young guys like Lecque and THT, international guys without much attention Zoosman, Sirvydis, Brazdeikis, Smailagic and King, Dort, Roby, Bazley, Ponds.

All I said was #46 was a different story.

There are definitely bargains that can be had at #46.

The questions The Magic have to ask themselves at #46 are

1) Is there a player you want on the 15 man roster that would essentially spend a lot of time on Assignment in Lakeland? This would be similar to Melvin Frazier Jr. last year.

2) Is there a player who would be willing to sign a two-way deal where they would be a restricted free agent after a year or two?

3) Is there a player they like that might be willing to sign outright with Lakeland or go/stay overseas for a year or two?

I believe there will be a player at #46 that will answer one of these questions as there are always a few steals in the second round.

That's what I meant.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#858 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Crazy idea ...

The Knicks are working out Darius Garland after being heavily linked to Kyrie before we now expect him in Brooklyn.

Clearly they aren’t in love with DSjr. I still have some faith in him.

Should the Knicks go for Garland, would anyone here be up for sending the #16 to NY for DSjr?

Then Orlando moves on from the Russell dream and moves to keep Vuc + Ross.

Now we get to see what Cliff can do with BOTH DSjr and Fultz. Hopefully one can have the rebirth Russell did and live up to their potential ... which is much higher than most I can think of at #16.

... crazy talk? ... like it?
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#859 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:25 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

Good synopsis! I would love for him to be there at 16... but i would doubt it.

I hate comps because they almost always feel like hot takes, but I'm getting some James Harden vibes from Langford with a little splash of Terrance Ross.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#860 » by SOUL » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:38 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Crazy idea ...

The Knicks are working out Darius Garland after being heavily linked to Kyrie before we now expect him in Brooklyn.

Clearly they aren’t in love with DSjr. I still have some faith in him.

Should the Knicks go for Garland, would anyone here be up for sending the #16 to NY for DSjr?

Then Orlando moves on from the Russell dream and moves to keep Vuc + Ross.

Now we get to see what Cliff can do with BOTH DSjr and Fultz. Hopefully one can have the rebirth Russell did and live up to their potential ... which is much higher than most I can think of at #16.

... crazy talk? ... like it?

I would just gamble on Fultz alone. Not him and DSJ. Both have some injury concerns and one we have to make sure even gets back to the court. DSJ just hasn't impressed me yet and I don't think he's cerebral enough to be a leading point guard.

Return to Orlando Magic