ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#861 » by magicman112 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:41 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

Good synopsis! I would love for him to be there at 16... but i would doubt it.

I hate comps because they almost always feel like hot takes, but I'm getting some James Harden vibes from Langford with a little splash of Terrance Ross.

Reading some comments folks were saying he didn't get to showcase his talents fully at IU.
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#862 » by Message Boar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 pm

^I have a "Poor man's/less explosive Demar Derozan" comp for him (that's a 'good case, not best case' scenario or a ~75-80th percentile outcome).

I'd like that pick if he was there; seems pretty high-risk, high-reward. I'm not really in love with anyone in particular in this draft. Might as well take the swing.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#863 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:55 pm

Langford is an interesting guy. Coming into this season he was actually my number one target for us when I was expecting us to have a lottery pick. Even despite his struggles at IU I still think he would be a bargain at 16. I personally wouldn't pick him over Naw/Herro but I do admit there is an argument for doing so. His ceiling is arguably higher.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#864 » by MagicMatic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Hypothetical draft day trade via Bleacher Report (yes I know it’s not credible) just for a conversation.

Hawks Receive: PF Aaron Gordon

Magic Receive: PG Mike Conley, No. 17 pick (via Nets)

Grizzlies Receive: SG Kent Bazemore, PG D.J. Augustin, No. 10 pick (via Mavericks)

I don’t think I’d do this trade because I’d like to see what AG would be capable of sans Vuc and with a capable point guard. However, I don’t know how else we land said capable point drafting in this range and without trading a legitimate asset. What do you guys think?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#865 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:05 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Hypothetical draft day trade via Bleacher Report (yes I know it’s not credible) just for a conversation.

Grizzlies Receive: SG Kent Bazemore, PG D.J. Augustin, No. 10 pick (via Mavericks)

I don’t think I’d do this trade because I’d like to see what AG would be capable of sans Vuc and with a capable point guard. However, I don’t know how else we land said capable point drafting in this range and without trading a legitimate asset. What do you guys think?

I have no interest in Mike Conley and AG >>>>> #17.

No interest at all.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#866 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:06 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Hypothetical draft day trade via Bleacher Report (yes I know it’s not credible) just for a conversation.

Id want to be receiving the 10th pick in that trade. Even then I dont think Id have much interest at all tbh. At Conleys age/contract/injury history I don't think Grizzlies can expect much value back.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#867 » by Skin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:08 pm

For the Herro fans out there, does he project as an upgrade over Fournier to you?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#868 » by Skin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:12 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Crazy idea ...

The Knicks are working out Darius Garland after being heavily linked to Kyrie before we now expect him in Brooklyn.

Clearly they aren’t in love with DSjr. I still have some faith in him.

Should the Knicks go for Garland, would anyone here be up for sending the #16 to NY for DSjr?

Then Orlando moves on from the Russell dream and moves to keep Vuc + Ross.

Now we get to see what Cliff can do with BOTH DSjr and Fultz. Hopefully one can have the rebirth Russell did and live up to their potential ... which is much higher than most I can think of at #16.

... crazy talk? ... like it?

Like it. Love it? Hmmmmm
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#869 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:18 pm

Skin wrote:For the Herro fans out there, does he project as an upgrade over Fournier to you?

If we can trade Fournier then it’s likely an upgrade as we add shooting and essentially redistribute Evan’s $$ to other areas of need.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#870 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Tyler Herro is definitely moving up.

He is the guy I want at #16.

However, I think this Draft has some good talent and The Magic will have some good options at #16.

#46 will be another story.

I think you are underestimating second round. There are guys who would be absolute steals at 46 like Jontay Porter, young guys like Lecque and THT, international guys without much attention Zoosman, Sirvydis, Brazdeikis, Smailagic and King, Dort, Roby, Bazley, Ponds.

All I said was #46 was a different story.

There are definitely bargains that can be had at #46.

The questions The Magic have to ask themselves at #46 are

1) Is there a player you want on the 15 man roster that would essentially spend a lot of time on Assignment in Lakeland? This would be similar to Melvin Frazier Jr. last year.

2) Is there a player who would be willing to sign a two-way deal where they would be a restricted free agent after a year or two?

3) Is there a player they like that might be willing to sign outright with Lakeland or go/stay overseas for a year or two?

I believe there will be a player at #46 that will answer one of these questions as there are always a few steals in the second round.

That's what I meant.

I think we will definitly use Lakeland as a tool to develop our second rounder and two- way contracts. Weltman even said he takes into account fit with the gleague team a little bit which is very hmm bold statement. For me the most interesting players are those international and injured. We could use Lakeland to its full potential. I loved how they used Frazier such a shame he is injured. Thought he has a chance to crack rotation.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,647

Post#871 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:44 pm

zaymon wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think you are underestimating second round. There are guys who would be absolute steals at 46 like Jontay Porter, young guys like Lecque and THT, international guys without much attention Zoosman, Sirvydis, Brazdeikis, Smailagic and King, Dort, Roby, Bazley, Ponds.

1) Is there a player you want on the 15 man roster that would essentially spend a lot of time on Assignment in Lakeland? This would be similar to Melvin Frazier Jr. last year.

2) Is there a player who would be willing to sign a two-way deal where they would be a restricted free agent after a year or two?

3) Is there a player they like that might be willing to sign outright with Lakeland or go/stay overseas for a year or two?

I believe there will be a player at #46 that will answer one of these questions as there are always a few steals in the second round.

That's what I meant.

I think we will definitly use Lakeland as a tool to develop our second rounder and two- way contracts. Weltman even said he takes into account fit with the gleague team a little bit which is very hmm bold statement. For me the most interesting players are those international and injured. We could use Lakeland to its full potential. I loved how they used Frazier such a shame he is injured. Thought he has a chance to crack rotation.

Lakeland is definitely a factor at #46.

It's too bad Frazier cannot play in Summer League this year.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#872 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

That's what I meant.

46 could find themselves on the bench if we resign Vuc n tRoss I think.

I have quite a few guys at 46 that interest me. Oni Lecque, Guy, Louis King, Ponds, my latest find is Obiese dude.

A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#873 » by magicman112 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:

Id want to be receiving the 10th pick in that trade. Even then I dont think Id have much interest at all tbh. At Conleys age/contract/injury history I don't think Grizzlies can expect much value back.

I don't get the obsession some have with Conley. Yes he's an excellent PG but he gets injured way too much.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#874 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:01 pm

magicman112 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

I don't get the obsession some have with Conley. Yes he's an excellent PG but he gets injured way too much.

It’s a bandaid fix and allows us to wait longer on Fultz if needed. I’m not interested in what he’s likely going to cost Utah
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,647

Post#875 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:13 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think we will definitly use Lakeland as a tool to develop our second rounder and two- way contracts. Weltman even said he takes into account fit with the gleague team a little bit which is very hmm bold statement. For me the most interesting players are those international and injured. We could use Lakeland to its full potential. I loved how they used Frazier such a shame he is injured. Thought he has a chance to crack rotation.

46 could find themselves on the bench if we resign Vuc n tRoss I think.

I have quite a few guys at 46 that interest me. Oni Lecque, Guy, Louis King, Ponds, my latest find is Obiese dude.

No doubt about it.

They will either be 14th or 15th man or spend a lot of time on assignment in Lakeland.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#876 » by MagicMatic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:27 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:

I have no interest in Mike Conley and AG >>>>> #17.

No interest at all.

Agreed.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#877 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:55 pm

#16: Langford/NAW
#47: Jontay Porter Jr.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#878 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Goga Bitzade looks like a 2K create-a-player
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#879 » by MoMM » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 pm

SOUL wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Crazy idea ...

The Knicks are working out Darius Garland after being heavily linked to Kyrie before we now expect him in Brooklyn.

Clearly they aren’t in love with DSjr. I still have some faith in him.

Should the Knicks go for Garland, would anyone here be up for sending the #16 to NY for DSjr?

Then Orlando moves on from the Russell dream and moves to keep Vuc + Ross.

Now we get to see what Cliff can do with BOTH DSjr and Fultz. Hopefully one can have the rebirth Russell did and live up to their potential ... which is much higher than most I can think of at #16.

... crazy talk? ... like it?

I would just gamble on Fultz alone. Not him and DSJ. Both have some injury concerns and one we have to make sure even gets back to the court. DSJ just hasn't impressed me yet and I don't think he's cerebral enough to be a leading point guard.

If Mavericks gave up on him after a year and a half and Knicks in less than 6 months, I wouldn't touch this player. He isn't a good PG, has no playmaking skills at all and makes some silly mistakes. That's not the guy that I would gamble to be our starting PG of the future. I'd prefer to use our #16 pick on a backup scoring wing.
Orl_Magic
Junior
And1: 197

Post#880 » by Orl_Magic » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 pm

[url][url][/url][/url].

Defensive stopper, can shoot just inconsistent, good in the open floor.

Return to Orlando Magic