ImageImageImageImage

Playoffs G2: Orlando Magic (7) @ Toronto Raptors (2) - The Terrence Ross Meteor Shower Game

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Re: Playoffs G2: Orlando Magic (7) @ Toronto Raptors (2) - The Terrence Ross Meteor Shower Game 

Post#801 » by woosah » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:31 am

Everyone on the team was confirmed healthy going into this game. The only thing hurt right now is their pride.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,119

Re: Playoffs G2: Orlando Magic (7) @ Toronto Raptors (2) - The Terrence Ross Meteor Shower Game 

Post#802 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 am

what a hell happend on Spurs- Nuggets?
When i saw box scocre Spurs were up by 7 and Jamal Murray had 3 points on 0-8 FG midway through 3rd Q. Nuggets won by 9 and Murray has 24 points.

Oh and during SL i wanted to steal White from Spurs . :(
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,132

Post#803 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:08 am

FFBlitzace wrote:I feel like trash talking between fanbases is something that really shouldn't happen once you exit your teenage years. Basketball is my passion and I live and die by it, far more than I should, but I wouldn't talk crap to somebody because my team beat theirs. I mean, I didn't actually do anything, and neither did you. We both just sat here and watched other people do something.

Sports rivalries play a big part in it.

I like you guys, so I won't trash talk you. But now if you were the Saltics, that would be a very different story.

The seeding also matters (a higher seed trash talking a lower one is lame).
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#804 » by Driguez » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 am

pepe1991 wrote:Lot of people here foget how good Gasol is.
Talking about multiple allstar, DPOY ,all nba team member and all nba defensive team member, has 2 Olympic medals, gold medal from World Cup ( total of 8 medals with Spain) he is big and strong enough to contain Vučević probably better than any other C in nba.
When you add to that fact that Vučević is banged up, you get this.

There is no excuses in playoffs but it showed how matchups are playing up, Magic really don't have any head to head adventage aside from Ross vs Vleet, but even off bench not a single Magic player defends Ibaka well enough.

I'm sure people don't forget your toxicity either.
"We all we got"- SVG
mattyBoi
Lead Assistant
And1: 860

Post#805 » by mattyBoi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:43 am

Vuc and Fournier are learning that they aren’t very good when it matters.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 717

Post#806 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:52 am

Can't wait till Vooch comes live on Fridayyyyyy!11
Keep your politics out of my sports
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#807 » by woosah » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 am

AG threw a little shade. Just a little. He was talking about people having good intentions but the ball was sticking in his post game comments. I'm sure it will be addressed in their film session.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#808 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 am

mattyBoi wrote:Vuc and Fournier are learning that they aren’t very good when it matters.

So all the games to get us into the playoffs and the win on Saturday didnt matter? I think you’re overreacting.
If AG is our leading scorer then we’ll always be in trouble. Just regroup and get better. Toronto did what they were supposed to do.
I trust cliff and the guys will adjust. This is invaluable experience
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#809 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:11 am

tiderulz wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
drsd wrote:The Raptors board is very unhappy with tonights Refs. I guess there is some bad-blood I cannot understand.

They’re just getting their excuses ready in case they lose. We were in their heads the minute Raps came in here to talk noise.

This is probably the most relaxed I’ve felt about a playoff series because we weren’t even supposed to be here. The experience is what I wanted for our younger guys Winning the series against an overrated raptors team would just be icing.

i saw someone asked the record with him reffing and they are 5-0 this year. not sure what they are bitching about
Raps fans.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,119

Post#810 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:16 am

Driguez wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Lot of people here foget how good Gasol is.
Talking about multiple allstar, DPOY ,all nba team member and all nba defensive team member, has 2 Olympic medals, gold medal from World Cup ( total of 8 medals with Spain) he is big and strong enough to contain Vučević probably better than any other C in nba.
When you add to that fact that Vučević is banged up, you get this.

There is no excuses in playoffs but it showed how matchups are playing up, Magic really don't have any head to head adventage aside from Ross vs Vleet, but even off bench not a single Magic player defends Ibaka well enough.

I'm sure people don't forget your toxicity either.

:burger:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#811 » by Dmagic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 am

The raptors really think they are good lmfao, so hard
So **** hard n****a
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#812 » by Dmagic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:33 am

Don't forget the gods of manhood will be paying Nikola Vucevic a visit tonight around 3.

I think we'll be fine guys
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#813 » by Dmagic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:39 am

Nick nurse came hard at us... Waiting on Cliff with the standing 8. Good News he looks real serious now and pissed...and smarter
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#814 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 am

Well I was expecting 99.9 % a beatdown...Don't worry we fine..they were playing for their life and career...can't stop this Kawhi...nobody in the NBA can stop his Kawhi.

Better take this blowout now than at home.
Feel confident coming back at Central.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#815 » by Perseus1966 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:29 am

You are overeacting ,you played like ****, no defense at all and lost ,when you miss dunks ft and lay ups what do you expect ?
Anyway take out Kyle next game and you will win
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,067

Post#816 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:31 am

Perseus1966 wrote:You are overeacting ,you played like ****, no defense at all and lost ,when you miss dunks ft and lay ups what do you expect ?
Anyway take out Kyle next game and you will win

Eh, it's hard when Vuc doesn't get going. He's basically our offense. I think we'll shoot better at home but it's disheartening to see him clueless on how to impact the game.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#817 » by npiper17 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:11 am

OrlandoSaban wrote:I just want the Amway to be rocking like their arena was tonight. I’m not very confident it will have any atmosphere near as loud as it was tonight in Toronto.

Have you seen the arena during the playoffs? Magic fans tend to bring it.
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 759

Post#818 » by Tarheel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:40 am

Vuc really struggled with his first taste of the energy and hostility of road playoff games (he wasn't the only one, but was the most notable). I hope the home games are a different story with the building behind him and he builds some confidence going back to Toronto.

We only have to win our home games and the Amway has been a bit of a fortress toward the back end of the season. Pivotal game 3.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#819 » by Bensational » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:59 am

Vuc needs to find a way to step up. He's playing like 4th quarter Vuc, but since this is playoff intensity, every quarter is played like a 4th quarter. Toronto has smashed him with really targeted defense, but Vuc as the allstar, and on a team devoid of scoring options, needs to take this time to step up. He's rushed shots, played timid and looked to pass a lot more. Credit to him, he's made some beautiful passes, but he needs to go at Gasol and go get us some buckets. Or else, this entire season just feels empty.

The team needs a scorer, we know he can score, it's up to him to go and get it done. Hopefully the home court advantage and some new Cliff plays can free him up for some good looks.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#820 » by RookieStar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am

Well I expected that. They came out swinging due to their embarassment and desparation and we took a beating.

Hopefully our guys learned from it and we defend our home the next 2 games

Return to Orlando Magic