ImageImageImageImage

Playoffs G3: Toronto Raptors (2) @ Orlando Magic (7) - A Reptile Dysfunction

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Re: Playoffs G3: Toronto Raptors (2) @ Orlando Magic (7) - A Reptile Dysfunction 

Post#861 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:24 am

Def Swami wrote:I'm surprised by how Isaac went from 40 minutes in game 1 to 29 in game 3.

Cliff was like "daaaaaaamn son, Siakam making you his bitch. I'd best put Fournier on him"
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Re: Playoffs G3: Toronto Raptors (2) @ Orlando Magic (7) - A Reptile Dysfunction 

Post#862 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:26 am

FFBlitzace wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Eveeyone complaining about Nic when Isaac has been Siakams bitch all series.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

i know you have to defend your boy, but this comment really doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

That's the match up thats been killing us. Get your head out of your ass.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#863 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:27 am

RaptorHooter wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:
MiltPalacioFan wrote:Stat of the night:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

During the regular season, Orlando Magic was dead last (30th) in the league in FTA's per game with 19.2/game.

Yea a lot of Rap fans have been dropping by to point this out. Don’t think I’ve seen any Magic fans say that the we were screwed by the refs.....so is this an insecurity thing?

Good game though, hopefully the next game is also competitive.

Magic played great and showed a lot of grit at the end. It was a very exciting game and only the second we've won in about 6 years with Tony Brothers reffing. We're not paranoid, it's a real thing, I expect the rest of the series to be close entertaining ball, gl.

Every time I want to go in on one of these Raptor trolls that pop up in here after the game is over, a good Raptors fan shows up with respect. It was an exciting game with the Raptors making more of the plays in the end. We did a great job on Kawhi but Siakam can play and absolutely destroyed us on those mismatches. A tall order but hopefully the Magic can find a way to tie up this series.

Also Tony Brothers is garbage so I get the paranoia.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,829

Post#864 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:29 am

BTW, we won't be that bad shooting the 3 each game right? I mean those were 3s we usually make but they clank all game long.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#865 » by woosah » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:29 am

FFBlitzace wrote:
MiltPalacioFan wrote:
SOUL wrote:
Stat of the night:

1 warning for MiltPalacioFan

a warning for posting the truth? Dont worry I wont waste my time on this board #RapsIn5EH

What does the EH mean? Easy something? Easy hits, easy hoops, easy homosexuals? I don't know why being gay would necessarily mean someone was "easy." In my experience on dating apps, this has been the case though, I have to admit.

lol i thought it was the Canadian EH they put after everything

"Nice day, EH?"

maybe he was wishing us Easter Hugs since it's on easter that we play?

hmmmm
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#866 » by SHFT » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:29 am

You guys are a tough go....legit 2nd round opponent. Regarding the fouls...for me its not the disparity in calls...its in the free throws. You guys will obv disagree but a couple of times I feel Lowry was in the act and its called on the floor. But a few times I thought we fouled you guys and no call so what can you do.

Anyways...we had a few chances to ice this game with around 5 mins left and couldn't do it so its on us for letting it get that close.

I said it before the series...Isaac is DPOY potential REAL SOON. He is by far my fav player on your team. I was talking to my buddy and we are going to put money on it before next season starts.

I wasnt feeling OT. I hope you blame DJ for that loss...wasnt even like Lowry hunted that ball down as soon as Kawhi shot it...DJ was napping.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,643

Post#867 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:29 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:I’m really hoping we don’t bring Vuc back. I just want a fresh start with this organization. At least try to make moves that will set us up for the future instead of waiting another 4 years of first round exits. You can’t go far if limiting one player kills our offense.

Been saying this for awhile. While decent players, I don't see the point in resigning guys like Vuc and Ross when they are not superstars, will kill the salary cap and not lead the team any where.

And alternative is ?

Going from playoffs to deep lottery again? with old front office, older coach and still without cap space?

That is the deliemma this offseason. You have to make a choice. Would you rather be a borderline playoff team for the next four years by resigning Vuc and Ross and hope, somehow, you find 2 stars to be an actual contender or would rather rebuild, go to the lottery and attempt to build a proper team. I am going with the latter.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#868 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 am

Can you really blame Cliff for overplaying Evan in this one?

When he turns to bench and he has to pick between Evan, MCW ,Grant, Frazier and Iwundu i bet he feels like this

Magic guard rotation is simply poor.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#869 » by fendilim » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 am

RaptorHooter wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:
MiltPalacioFan wrote:Stat of the night:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

During the regular season, Orlando Magic was dead last (30th) in the league in FTA's per game with 19.2/game.

Yea a lot of Rap fans have been dropping by to point this out. Don’t think I’ve seen any Magic fans say that the we were screwed by the refs.....so is this an insecurity thing?

Magic played great and showed a lot of grit at the end. It was a very exciting game and only the second we've won in about 6 years with Tony Brothers reffing. We're not paranoid, it's a real thing, I expect the rest of the series to be close entertaining ball, gl.

If part of pointing this out was because Tony Brothers called a foul on Ibaka blocking Tross’ dunk, idk man. There was a clear foul the previous olay when McW went for the rebound, and ibaka undercut him. It was a dangerous play that should clearly have been a loose ball foul on Ibaka.
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#870 » by Bonafide89 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 am

neuraldarwinism wrote:fultz gets that rebound who is with me
MCW gets that rebound who is with me

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#871 » by basketballRob » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 am

pepe1991 wrote:Can you really blame Cliff for overplaying Evan in this one?

When he turns to bench and he has to pick between Evan, MCW ,Grant, Frazier and Iwundu i bet he feels like this

You can't argue that he was better than Isaac in this game though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#872 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 am

I just wish people would man up and ADMIT their biases lol. It's so plainly obvious. People will continue to pretend they are "objective" and I'll continue to laugh my ass off at how ridiculous they are.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,630

Post#873 » by SOUL » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 am

SHFT wrote:You guys are a tough go....legit 2nd round opponent. Regarding the fouls...for me its not the disparity in calls...its in the free throws. You guys will obv disagree but a couple of times I feel Lowry was in the act and its called on the floor. But a few times I thought we fouled you guys and no call so what can you do.

Anyways...we had a few chances to ice this game with around 5 mins left and couldn't do it so its on us for letting it get that close.

I said it before the series...Isaac is DPOY potential REAL SOON. He is by far my fav player on your team. I was talking to my buddy and we are going to put money on it before next season starts.

I wasnt feeling OT. I hope you blame DJ for that loss...wasnt even like Lowry hunted that ball down as soon as Kawhi shot it...DJ was napping.

I hate the "in the act" change, it's so obvious some of these shots are in the act. Like I get it when it's for offensive players creating contact and trying to get fouls but most of these are legit fouls that are in the act and it's just "ball out" and no points. Sucks.

Thanks for the nice words though.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,630

Post#874 » by SOUL » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:I just wish people would man up and ADMIT their biases lol. It's so plainly obvious. People will continue to pretend they are "objective" and I'll continue to laugh my ass off at how ridiculous they are.

We wore our Elfrid sigs with honor. :lol:
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#875 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 am

SHFT wrote:You guys are a tough go....legit 2nd round opponent. Regarding the fouls...for me its not the disparity in calls...its in the free throws. You guys will obv disagree but a couple of times I feel Lowry was in the act and its called on the floor. But a few times I thought we fouled you guys and no call so what can you do.

I think officiating has gone too far in the other direction with the non-shooting foul thing. I love calling it non-shooting out on the perimeter on nonsense plays where the ballhandler just flails and wants 3 shots. But drives to the basket now are getting called non-shooting a lot when it really should be a shooting foul.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,787

Post#876 » by Zeno » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 am

Great game Magic fans. I like some of your guys alot. Hopefully your management team isn't short sighted this summer. You guys should let Vuc walk. No more than a three year deal for Ross at similar money. I'm really glad you guys don't have a real starting point guard or it would be trouble. Anyway let Vuc walk, play Gordon at the 5 and get a real starting point guard and you're just as good or better next year with players that have room to improve.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#877 » by fendilim » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 am

Rainwater wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Been saying this for awhile. While decent players, I don't see the point in resigning guys like Vuc and Ross when they are not superstars, will kill the salary cap and not lead the team any where.

And alternative is ?

Going from playoffs to deep lottery again? with old front office, older coach and still without cap space?

That is the deliemma this offseason. You have to make a chose. Would you rather be a borderline playoff team for the next four years by resigning Vuc and Ross and hope, somehow, you find 2 stars to be an actual contender or would rather rebuild, go to the lottery and attempt to build a proper team. I am going with the former.

There’s a reason we hired Weltman. And why weltman kept repeating when he was hired about the Raptors’ success. Not tanking. They were supposed to blow it up, but things suddenly fell into place and starter clicking. Seems to me we wont be blowing it up and keep trying.

There’s a lot of financial gain involved in making the playoffs even if you’re just a pretender. At the end of the day, the NBA is a business.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#878 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:35 am

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Can you really blame Cliff for overplaying Evan in this one?

You can't argue that he was better than Isaac in this game though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I assume he wanted to have Evan in to be bait to drag one defender away. Not that anybody needed to defend Evan tonight tho.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#879 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:35 am

Isaac cant defend Siakam. Hes getting worked.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,184

Post#880 » by RaptorHooter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:37 am

fendilim wrote:
RaptorHooter wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:

If part of pointing this out was because Tony Brothers called a foul on Ibaka blocking Tross’ dunk, idk man. There was a clear foul the previous olay when McW went for the rebound, and ibaka undercut him. It was a dangerous play that should clearly have been a loose ball foul on Ibaka.[/q

You don't want Brothers reffing, even against us. Out of 56 NBA refs, we had the 3 who call the most fouls tonight, Raps want to play fas,t so that effects us. Either way, everyone watching suffered their work product.

Return to Orlando Magic