ImageImageImageImage

Playoffs G3: Toronto Raptors (2) @ Orlando Magic (7) - A Reptile Dysfunction

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,947

Re: Playoffs G3: Toronto Raptors (2) @ Orlando Magic (7) - A Reptile Dysfunction 

Post#841 » by SHAQ32 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:07 am

We've been rushing our offense the whole series. Toronto can be a very good defensive team but play with some damn poise, would ya?
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Re: Playoffs G3: Toronto Raptors (2) @ Orlando Magic (7) - A Reptile Dysfunction 

Post#842 » by Def Swami » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:08 am

I'm surprised by how Isaac went from 40 minutes in game 1 to 29 in game 3.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#843 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:08 am

Magic#1 wrote:My dog pooped three times today on his walk. That's nothing compared to the turd Fournier gave this game.

Magic's record on 3-poop days: 0-1 (maybe worse?). Is this anything?
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,290

Post#844 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:09 am

SHAQ32 wrote:We've been rushing our offense the whole series. Toronto can be a very good defensive team but play with some damn poise, would ya?

Raptors set defense in half court is brutal. Clifford probably tried to push tempo.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,958

Post#845 » by MagicMatic » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:10 am

I’m really hoping we don’t bring Vuc back. I just want a fresh start with this organization. At least try to make moves that will set us up for the future instead of waiting another 4 years of first round exits. You can’t go far if limiting one player kills our offense.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#846 » by Bakomagic » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:10 am

MiltPalacioFan wrote:Stat of the night:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

During the regular season, Orlando Magic was dead last (30th) in the league in FTA's per game with 19.2/game.

Yea a lot of Rap fans have been dropping by to point this out. Don’t think I’ve seen any Magic fans say that the we were screwed by the refs.....so is this an insecurity thing?

Good game though, hopefully the next game is also competitive.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#847 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:11 am

Bakomagic wrote:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

During the regular season, Orlando Magic was dead last (30th) in the league in FTA's per game with 19.2/game.

Yea a lot of Rap fans have been dropping by to point this out. Don’t think I’ve seen any Magic fans say that the we were screwed by the refs.....so is this an insecurity thing?

They were in bonus after 4 and half min in third quater. Most of that FTS are normal fouls, after bonus
MiltPalacioFan
Junior
And1: 927

Post#848 » by MiltPalacioFan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:11 am

SOUL wrote:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

Stat of the night:

1 warning for MiltPalacioFan

a warning for posting the truth? Dont worry I wont waste my time on this board #RapsIn5EH
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#849 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:12 am

I'm glad that there is a day in between games. To stew on this for two days straight would definitely cause me to post out of character on this board. I still cannot believe the minutes distribution between Evan and Isaac.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,170

Post#850 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:13 am

fklt wrote:funny thing is I thought we played the better game through out, had no idea where that 17 point run from toronto came from. we had the momentum and things were clicking offensively. a couple calls going our way, we win this one despite shooting 36%.

won't blame clifford for the risk he took going for spacing instead of isaac's defense at the 4 as it almost worked out. this one's on fournier. unacceptable performance.
I think lack of poise in a playoff environment. They got tight in that 3rd quarter, you can sense it. They became robotic and got easy to defend. They got to learn to fight thru the pressure before it avalanches into a 17-0 run by an experienced team. That run does'nt get out of hand and we prob win this one. Unfortunately there are no do over's. We got to figure out how to get more consistent guard scoring.
aka: prorl
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#851 » by Last Guardian » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:13 am

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

Raptors fans playing this awful angle, Magic don't foul much all season it is part of Cliffords strategy. That comes with not playing that physical. Raptors hack, bump and push all game and then youre surprised when the refs call it. You deserve both wins but every foul called has been legit, even though every single one of your players whines like a baby.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,626

Post#852 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:14 am

MagicMatic wrote:I’m really hoping we don’t bring Vuc back. I just want a fresh start with this organization. At least try to make moves that will set us up for the future instead of waiting another 4 years of first round exits. You can’t go far if limiting one player kills our offense.

Been saying this for awhile. While decent players, I don't see the point in resigning guys like Vuc and Ross when they are not superstars, will kill the salary cap and not lead the team any where.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#853 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:16 am

MiltPalacioFan wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

Stat of the night:

a warning for posting the truth? Dont worry I wont waste my time on this board #RapsIn5EH

What does the EH mean? Easy something? Easy hits, easy hoops, easy homosexuals? I don't know why being gay would necessarily mean someone was "easy." In my experience on dating apps, this has been the case though, I have to admit.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,827

Post#854 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:17 am

But this is what we expected right? We win a game or 2 but fight every game throughoit the series.

We always expected the Raps to advance but beat them up in the process.

So far... evrerything has been expected. Still sad at the miss chance for this game though.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#855 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:18 am

Rainwater wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:I’m really hoping we don’t bring Vuc back. I just want a fresh start with this organization. At least try to make moves that will set us up for the future instead of waiting another 4 years of first round exits. You can’t go far if limiting one player kills our offense.

Been saying this for awhile. While decent players, I don't see the point in resigning guys like Vuc and Ross when they are not superstars, will kill the salary cap and not lead the team any where.

And alternative is ?

Going from playoffs to deep lottery again? with old front office, older coach and still without cap space?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#856 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:20 am

MiltPalacioFan wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

Stat of the night:

What was the point behind your initial post though? Why do y'all cry so much about not getting to the FT line? The Magic do not foul teams. They have been like this all season.

Also I have seen a ton of hand-checking going on from the Raptors in this series that really isn't being called at the frequency that it should.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,444

Post#857 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:21 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Stop shoving Evan in this, i could not care less about him. Was critical about him back in 2016 ,let alone today.
Vučević had one great quater where he was ONLY reason why team was in a game.
Overall during 2 out of 3 games he has been bad. That's not what i ever even tryed to defend.

Gordon is highest payed player on a roster ,you expect $20M player to have 10 points in pivotal playoff game but hold Vučević by Embiid/ Lebron expetations? Maybe you should re-evaluate your objectivity a bit?

Evan belongs in this conversation because you claim Gordon and Isaac ruin scoring potential from wing positions when Fournier's only job is to score - and he can't.

Gordon's pay is irrelevant. Vuc is about to be paid, and he's played far worse than Gordon all series. Should he be paid less then? Fournier is paid marginally less than Gordon, and he hasn't shown up for the playoffs yet. When a player signs a contract is completely out of their hands, so salary relevance is moot. But hey, maybe Gordon had a poor offensive night because he expended so much energy completely shutting down Leonard and setting Vuc up for a lot of the shots he actually made? Hmmmm.

Evan plays like complete scrub, during this game thread i posted i want Ross insted.
Gordon is NOW highest payed player on a roster, never played like one whole year long.
Vučević has been best Magic player for 82 games. He'll get payed based on that, not just 4-7 playoff games. If playoffs are only games that count , Lowry, Westbrook would be playing for free and Carmelo Anthony would have to return money to Knicks.
Right now, being down 1-2 , Magic really don't have anybody that can be called "best player in playoffs".

Problem here is zero objectivity that annoys me.
"Vuc is Gasol's bitch" - because Vučević can't score
"Isaac is doing amazing job on Siakam" -who is btw scoring 25 points a game ?

I find both points stupid.
Gasol gets help to defend Vuc, that's their gameplan.
Isaac didn't suck vs Isaac but he didn't do amazing job on him, but he also didn't defend him all the time.

We are just being stupid fans arguing with each other because team lost. Depressing.

Look, I don't disagree with most of that. I don't blame Vuc for his struggles against Gasol, but we need more from him. I don't agree with your take on Isaac's defense. I don't agree with your take on Gordon and Isaac being a poor combo. I don't really know what other two players in the playoffs would be shutting them down, especially considering they're 23 and 21, and it's their first playoffs.

We both agree that we need better playmaking, but I see 2 backcourt positions that are struggling far worse than our two front court guys, so that's where my attention goes. If we had scoring there, it wouldn't matter that Vuc isn't stepping up in this matchup. But since they're not, and since we've run a system all season that hinges on running through him, we've kind of painted ourselves into a corner.
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,184

Post#858 » by RaptorHooter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:22 am

Bakomagic wrote:

Raptors - 9/10 FTs
Magic - 22/23 FTs

Through 3 games:
7th seed Orlando 67 FTA
2nd seed Toronto 41 FTA

Magic played great and showed a lot of grit at the end. It was a very exciting game and only the second we've won in about 6 years with Tony Brothers reffing. We're not paranoid, it's a real thing, I expect the rest of the series to be close entertaining ball, gl.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#859 » by Bakomagic » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:23 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

And alternative is ?

Going from playoffs to deep lottery again? with old front office, older coach and still without cap space?

I’m not a fan of that route either, I’d rather bring them back with team options after 2 or 3 years and continue to develop JI, AG, Fultz, and Bamba in a winning environment. Don’t think we would sign a good free agent anyway.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#860 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:24 am

Bensational wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Evan belongs in this conversation because you claim Gordon and Isaac ruin scoring potential from wing positions when Fournier's only job is to score - and he can't.

Gordon's pay is irrelevant. Vuc is about to be paid, and he's played far worse than Gordon all series. Should he be paid less then? Fournier is paid marginally less than Gordon, and he hasn't shown up for the playoffs yet. When a player signs a contract is completely out of their hands, so salary relevance is moot. But hey, maybe Gordon had a poor offensive night because he expended so much energy completely shutting down Leonard and setting Vuc up for a lot of the shots he actually made? Hmmmm.

Evan plays like complete scrub, during this game thread i posted i want Ross insted.
Gordon is NOW highest payed player on a roster, never played like one whole year long.
Vučević has been best Magic player for 82 games. He'll get payed based on that, not just 4-7 playoff games. If playoffs are only games that count , Lowry, Westbrook would be playing for free and Carmelo Anthony would have to return money to Knicks.
Right now, being down 1-2 , Magic really don't have anybody that can be called "best player in playoffs".

Problem here is zero objectivity that annoys me.
"Vuc is Gasol's bitch" - because Vučević can't score
"Isaac is doing amazing job on Siakam" -who is btw scoring 25 points a game ?

I find both points stupid.
Gasol gets help to defend Vuc, that's their gameplan.
Isaac didn't suck vs Isaac but he didn't do amazing job on him, but he also didn't defend him all the time.

We are just being stupid fans arguing with each other because team lost. Depressing.

Look, I don't disagree with most of that. I don't blame Vuc for his struggles against Gasol, but we need more from him. I don't agree with your take on Isaac's defense. I don't agree with your take on Gordon and Isaac being a poor combo. I don't really know what other two players in the playoffs would be shutting them down, especially considering they're 23 and 21, and it's their first playoffs.

We both agree that we need better playmaking, but I see 2 backcourt positions that are struggling far worse than our two front court guys, so that's where my attention goes. If we had scoring there, it wouldn't matter that Vuc isn't stepping up in this matchup. But since they're not, and since we've run a system all season that hinges on running through him, we've kind of painted ourselves into a corner.

Nobody has playoff experience on this team aside from DJ and Ross...

Return to Orlando Magic