ImageImageImageImage

What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Re: What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season? 

Post#101 » by MoMM » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 pm

fendilim wrote:
MoMM wrote:
Skin wrote:Cut Augustin, Mozgov.]

How cutting them helps us? Getting an extra roster spot?

salary cap i assume

Their contracts are guaranteed for next season and we wouldn't even get much cap space with a possible buy-out.

Also, DJ's salary is cheap (7M/year) and he will be an expiring, so I think it's fairly easy to trade him to a team looking for a backup PG.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Re: What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season? 

Post#102 » by Knightro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 pm

fendilim wrote:
MoMM wrote:

salary cap i assume

Their contracts are fully guaranteed so they'd just be dead money unless they took a buyout which neither of them have any incentive to do.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#103 » by zaymon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 pm

MoMM wrote:
fendilim wrote:
MoMM wrote:How cutting them helps us? Getting an extra roster spot?

salary cap i assume

Their contracts are guaranteed for next season and we wouldn't even get much cap space with a possible buy-out.

Also, DJ's salary is cheap (7M/year) and he will be an expiring, so I think it's fairly easy to trade him to a team looking for a backup PG.

For me best option is to sign him for cheap after his contract expires. He is high character, skilled and wants to be herw
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#104 » by MoMM » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:31 pm

zaymon wrote:
MoMM wrote:
fendilim wrote:salary cap i assume

For me best option is to sign him for cheap after his contract expires. He is high character, skilled and wants to be herw

Yes, I'm not advocating for trading him, I'm just saying him that we don't need to waive him for nothing.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#105 » by Skin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:21 pm

MoMM wrote:

Addition by subtraction.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#106 » by Skin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:27 pm

OrlandO wrote:Bamba as a fulltime PF.... :lol:
Dude is a 5 on both ends.

Might want to notice that I have him listed at PF and C and not a fulltime PF. But you do you, bro.

Next to Bol Bol... Bamba would have to adjust his game. He already loves launching 3s. I can see a Rasheed Wallace sort of thing happening.... With more work and mentoring by KG, I'm not ready to limit any portions of Bamba's game. Maybe it doesn't work... Not saying it will be a sure success... But it's something we could try.

I don't think WeHam will cross Bol Bol of their draft board and if he's there, he's pretty close to BPA. Adjustments would have to come. If Garland and White are off the board, there's no PG we would "have to" take.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#107 » by Skin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Knightro wrote:
Skin wrote:Blow it all up!

Let Vuc, Ross walk! Cut Augustin! Trade AG and Fournier!

Time for WeHam to mold this team into their own model. ORLANDO LONG BOIZ!!!

PG Jrue Holiday / Markelle Fultz 6th / Michael Carter-Williams
SG Kelly Oubre / Markelle Fultz 6th / Melvin Frazier
SF Jonathan Isaac / Wes Iwundu / Chuma Okeke
PF Mo Bamba / Derek Favors / Jonathan Isaac
C Bol Bol / Mo Bamba / Khem Birch

Length at every position. Defense everywhere. This accummulation of talent aligns for lots of front court spacing that would enable room for drives from the aggressive back court players on the roster. Lots of lob and close to the bucket opportunities for front court players.

How?

Spoiler:
Draft Bol Bol - 1st round pick
Draft Chuma Okeke - 2nd round pick + Cash Incentives to move up into high 2nd round.

Trade AG for Jrue Holiday - Hornets will rebuild after losing AD.
Trade Fournier for Derrick Favors - Jazz want to get something for Favors. Magic want to get something for Fournier. Fournier loves Gobert more than he loves Vuc. It's a match all around.

Cut Augustin, Mozgov.

Resign Birch, MCW.

Sign RFA Kelly Oubre. Playoffs exposed us bad. We need to toughen up. Oubre is another defensively skilled player who brings his recent offensive outburst to us on the wing. PHX wants to keep him and he wants to stay, so it will take a nice sized contract to get him to leave. We'll have the cash if we don't bring back Vuc/Ross. He'll have more opportunity in ORL for minutes than in PHX (Booker, Jackson, Bridges, Warren), so hopefully that is another selling point. It's time we harden up and stop being a soft team. Young player who can grow with us while also stepping into a new leadership role. Shades of the T-Mac's story when he came to Orlando.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3133603/kelly-oubre-jr

This is like the opposite of what I would do :lol:

I just don't see the point whatsoever of letting Vucevic and Ross walk only to turn around and trade for a 29 year old making 78M over the next three years.

If the Magic decide to let Vucevic and Ross walk for nothing, that's fine. I don't think that's what they're going to do, but let's say they opt to go that route. In my mind, letting those guys walk should absolutely shift the Magic's path towards developing youth (consistent rotation minutes for Fultz, Gordon, Isaac and Bamba) and focusing on asset accumulation and cap flexibility.

Holiday is a 2 way player who plays the most important position and Vuc is a 1 way player who plays the least important position (and the most important facet of his position is defense which he doesn't provide). Both are the same age range. Letting Vuc/Ross walk isn't for nothing. That cap savings gives the Magic flexibility. People are too quick to forget that part... Until the player appears like dead weight and can't find ways to dump them. See Fournier, Biyombo...

Fultz won't be ready and Augustin will still stink up this team. A player like Jrue will help the Magic stay in playoff contention. We don't have to be a "youth only" team. They key is to be young and good, not young and bad.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#108 » by OrlandO » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Skin wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Bamba as a fulltime PF.... :lol:
Dude is a 5 on both ends.

Might want to notice that I have him listed at PF and C and not a fulltime PF. But you do you, bro.

Next to Bol Bol... Bamba would have to adjust his game. He already loves launching 3s. I can see a Rasheed Wallace sort of thing happening.... With more work and mentoring by KG, I'm not ready to limit any portions of Bamba's game. Maybe it doesn't work... Not saying it will be a sure success... But it's something we could try.

I don't think WeHam will cross Bol Bol of their draft board and if he's there, he's pretty close to BPA. Adjustments would have to come. If Garland and White are off the board, there's no PG we would "have to" take.

You have him listed at starting PF. Spin it however you want that's where he would get the majority of minutes in your fantasy land. That's fulltime and completely out of position. He is not a PF... he is strictly a C. Might as well trade him if he's not going to play there.

Return to Orlando Magic