I can see why people want to see Vuc go and why some want to keep him.
Important thing here is set facts:
- Vučević can resign and team can still sign somebody in FA for same money they would spend without him , using cap hold.
- IF Vučević and Ross go, team still can't offer max contract to anybody
- Matter of fact max Magic can offer is probably lower than $20M a year
- Kemba Walker's potential max salary per year is $37M
- Kemba can sign MegaMax worth over $220 000 000 with Hornets
- Brogdon is restricted free agent, last 3 players that were lured away from current teams (Hardaway Jr, Crabbe and Tyler Johnson, all got 4 years- $70 000 000 deals)
- Kriss Middleton can still get max contract from Bucks
- Kriss MIddleton can opt in his $13M salary and become FA next year
- sign and trades can't be done without Vučević's permission
- Kevin Durant , Leonard and Irving can spoil FA for everbody by simply opting in another year of current contracts ( probably won't ,but they can)
- In FA this year you have some huge markets ( Lakers, Knicks, CLippers) and not enough good players, expect lot of overpaying for average
- expect Bogdanovic, Mirotic , Randle, T. Harris , Lamb and Brogdon to land nice contracts
- there are some interesting undervalued names like Gay, Barnes, Rozier, JJ Redick , Kanter, Collison but if big time FAs don't change teams, expect them to get also payed more than they normally would.
Can Magic let Vuc and Ross go and shift money into another direction? They can try. But there is no guarantee they will get what they want.
It's hard to tell witch path is "good" and witch one is "bad" and truth is somwhere in a middle, time will tell.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."