ImageImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game #5- Orlando Magic (7) vs. Toronto Raptors (2): TOR leads 3-1

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Re: NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game #5- Orlando Magic (7) vs. Toronto Raptors (2): TOR leads 3-1 

Post#501 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:12 am

NavalAviator94 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:AG has a shoulder injury?

Didn’t hear that. Vuc I know has had a shoulder injury during the playoffs I know for certain. Was discussed in first game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

David and Jeff just said he was icing it before the game and that he's "banged up".
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Re: NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game #5- Orlando Magic (7) vs. Toronto Raptors (2): TOR leads 3-1 

Post#502 » by Bonafide89 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:13 am

Rainwater wrote:Mil: Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe
Philly: Embiid, Simmons, Harris, Bulter
Boston: Ivring, Hayward, Horford, Jayson, Brown
Tor: Siakam, Leonard, Marc, Lowry

Who on the magic can compare honestly???? The magic need talent in the worse way
Fultz

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#503 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:13 am

Bensational wrote:Tough finish to the series, but we all knew we'd eventually lose. We stole one game from them, got the young guys some experience, and reignited the spirit in the Magic fanbase.

Best season we've had in the past 7 years. No regrets. The guys all played hard and earned this.
Exactly. Unexpected good year, I'll take it.
aka: prorl
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#504 » by Knightro » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 am

MagicMatic wrote:Good thing we didn’t get embarrassed off the floor the last few games...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you're on brand.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#505 » by Last Guardian » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 am

Summer will be interesting absolutely. Really hope Isaac improves and Fultz is the real deal. And bamba shows signs of becoming a force
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#506 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 am

Welp, glad I got to finally enjoy some real basketball with everyone on these boards this season! I think we have a lot to build on (granted everyone gets healthy next year) but certainly, a lot to work on as well.

A lot of decisions to be made. It was definitely a long season and will certainly be a long offseason, so I think I will take a hiatus until draft time.

Cheers to a fun season. We deserved it.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#507 » by fendilim » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 am

thelead wrote:
fendilim wrote:
thelead wrote:Do you think he’s looking to sign for $20 mil per season?

I dont have a crystal ball. Seems like you have by suggesting earlier Vuc will take up a quarter of the cap.

That's what I believe the market value is for him but just like overvalued stocks, I can have the opinion that his market value is wrong and a poor investment. NBA owners have proven to be idiots with the contracts they hand out (cough... Biyombo... cough) and I don't want this team to fall victim for it again.

Possible someone offers him 25? Yes.

But I think we can bring him back lower than 25million.
Nightman
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,056

Post#508 » by Nightman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 am

Fun season, we went further than anybody expected. Some difficult decisions to make this summer but I’m glad we found a good coach in Clifford that the players play hard for.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#509 » by basketballRob » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
NavalAviator94 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:AG has a shoulder injury?

Didn’t hear that. Vuc I know has had a shoulder injury during the playoffs I know for certain. Was discussed in first game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

David and Jeff just said he was icing it before the game and that he's "banged up".
Gordon the MVP for Magic in the series.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 725

Post#510 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 am

I can appreciate that they just reminded us on TV that no matter what, we still have a better playoff percentage & history than Toronto.
I'm so proud of our guys for stepping it WAY up and overachieving just to get into the playoffs.
And then WINNING game #1.
Who saw that coming?!?

Two more years and our steady guys (Gordon & Isaac) will be much improved.
And we'll have the young'ins getting into their groove by then as well.
Keep your politics out of my sports
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#511 » by Ducklett » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 am

thelead wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:It was all worth it for Game 1. Most enjoyable season in 7 or so years.

Totally agree. Almost had game 3 in this series as well but Toronto made more plays in the end than we did. Orlando made an amazing run to clinch a playoff berth and competed the best they could until Toronto flexed their muscles and their talent took over.

Now looking forward to Weltman and Hammond to make our success sustainable and ultimately get us to where Toronto is now.

Eh... I would rather have a shot at Morant or Williamson but it is what it is. That said, hopefully this showed AG and Isaac what it's going to take to win at the next level. That's the only silver-lining I take away from this all.

I just don't understand this mindset. It is just as likely to demoralize them as it is to make them step up. We got destroyed most of these games, as in it wasn't close. It could cause them to work harder and know where they want to go. It could also make them deflated and do nothing this offseason until they "get more help". Lets not pretend it is automatically just good news all around.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,528

Post#512 » by Rainwater » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 am

thelead wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
thelead wrote:Neither is getting by Milwaukee.

The second round of the east is when the playoffs really start. I think Boston, Philly, Tor have the better teams but Mil have the best player. It's going to be a great second round. But I am picking Philly.

Boston is the big question mark for me as they have all the talent in the world. I don't trust Embiid's health nor Philly's depth to make it to the finals.

Milwaukee's talent is always underestimated. Bledsoe had a great year, Middleton had a very solid year, and Brogdon should be back soon. They have plenty of talent besides Giannis.

I have been following the bucks for awhile when Giannis doesn't play or doesn't play well they are not good. Hell the magic beat them, lol. At least the other 3 teams can hold their own without their main guy.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#513 » by MagicMatic » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 am

Knightro wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Good thing we didn’t get embarrassed off the floor the last few games...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you're on brand.

We can’t all be constantly satisfied and trying to find silver linings.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 725

Post#514 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 am

...and our coach has better style in suits.
Keep your politics out of my sports
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#515 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 am

I knew it was over for Vuc when I saw Marc Gasol move laterally better than him in Game 4. Just a horrible visual and the final straw
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#516 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 am

thelead wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:It was all worth it for Game 1. Most enjoyable season in 7 or so years.

Totally agree. Almost had game 3 in this series as well but Toronto made more plays in the end than we did. Orlando made an amazing run to clinch a playoff berth and competed the best they could until Toronto flexed their muscles and their talent took over.

Now looking forward to Weltman and Hammond to make our success sustainable and ultimately get us to where Toronto is now.

Eh... I would rather have a shot at Morant or Williamson but it is what it is. That said, hopefully this showed AG and Isaac what it's going to take to win at the next level. That's the only silver-lining I take away from this all.

I feel you on that. It would definitely be nice to get one of those blue chip studs but this is a great teaching lesson for AG and Isaac along with Mo and Markelle who were watching from the sidelines. Fultz is that lottery ticket for better or worse, really hope his issues will be behind him and we will get the true version of Fultz.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#517 » by Bensational » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 am

Frazier Jr time!
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#518 » by Bonafide89 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 am

Last Guardian wrote:Summer will be interesting absolutely. Really hope Isaac improves and Fultz is the real deal. And bamba shows signs of becoming a force
Bamba should be much improved. At least from a mental standpoint. I'm sure he has learned a lot

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#519 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 am

Jerian Grant is in. Time to change the channel
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#520 » by basketballRob » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 am

I hope Grant doesn't jack up a bunch of 3 pointers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic