ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon

Moderators: UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, Knightro, MagicMadness, SOUL, Howard Mass

Should we resign Vuc/Ross

Yes
43
34%
Yes, but just Vuc
9
7%
Yes, but just Ross
51
40%
No
23
18%
 
Total votes: 126

User avatar
MoMM
General Manager
Posts: 8,648
And1: 866
Joined: Jan 08, 2002
Location: Florianopolis, Brazil
Contact:
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1241 » by MoMM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:57 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
KD and Klay are going to get new max deals. Teams are still going to line up to give them money.

As for Vucevic's market...if anything, the C market just got more crowded.

Cousins performance in playoffs proved he's still solid even at half point of normal recovery time. His type of injury usually has player returning close to form by second season. Someone is going to pay him starter money.

26 year old Valenciunas just entered FA, that's yet another starting caliber C on the market.

OKC has Adams, Portland has Nurkic, Denver has Jokic and Houston has Capella. Three of those 4 teams are in deep luxury tax as is. Their flexibility is extremely limited. If they trade their center, they have to refill it with trade as they aren't creating cap to use in free agency, just lessening their tax debt.


Wasn't talking about Vuc going to any of those teams, more along the lines that those western conference teams could be looking to package meh $/dead cap and late 1st pick for shooters/role players. Orlando should be all over trying to get another 1st for EF even if it meant taking on a little more $ in return.

C market is solid (Vuc, Kanter, Lopez, Dedmon, Jordan) but have to imagine teams are more looking to wait and fill spots with other positions and swing back to grab a cheap C later.

Valanciunas is likely to re sign in Memphis and opted out for a long term deal vs risking playing on 1 year deal. Cousins is still unknown due to his injury & I don't envision him getting more than MLE.

Biggest threat with Vuc is and will be Sacramento.. They could easily clear 34+M in Cap Space offer Vuc 22-25+ a year and have 10ishM to play with for better bench depth wouldn't be a bad off season for them.
San Antonio is basically asking Sacramento to take DeRozan. If that happens they won't have any room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Why is Spurs doing it?
ezzzp
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,434
And1: 2,786
Joined: Aug 25, 2009
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1242 » by ezzzp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:57 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
BINGO especially if your a western conference team. West just opened up for someone to take advantage and this FA period is prime for big contracts or trades. OKC Houston Portland Denver all have to be rubbing hands birdman style right now.


KD and Klay are going to get new max deals. Teams are still going to line up to give them money.

As for Vucevic's market...if anything, the C market just got more crowded.

Cousins performance in playoffs proved he's still solid even at half point of normal recovery time. His type of injury usually has player returning close to form by second season. Someone is going to pay him starter money.

26 year old Valenciunas just entered FA, that's yet another starting caliber C on the market.

OKC has Adams, Portland has Nurkic, Denver has Jokic and Houston has Capella. Three of those 4 teams are in deep luxury tax as is. Their flexibility is extremely limited. If they trade their center, they have to refill it with trade as they aren't creating cap to use in free agency, just lessening their tax debt.


Wasn't talking about Vuc going to any of those teams, more along the lines that those western conference teams could be looking to package meh $/dead cap and late 1st pick for shooters/role players. Orlando should be all over trying to get another 1st for EF even if it meant taking on a little more $ in return.

C market is solid (Vuc, Kanter, Lopez, Dedmon, Jordan) but have to imagine teams are more looking to wait and fill spots with other positions and swing back to grab a cheap C later.

Valanciunas is likely to re sign in Memphis and opted out for a long term deal vs risking playing on 1 year deal. Cousins is still unknown due to his injury & I don't envision him getting more than MLE.

Biggest threat with Vuc is and will be Sacramento.. They could easily clear 34+M in Cap Space offer Vuc 22-25+ a year and have 10ishM to play with for better bench depth wouldn't be a bad off season for them.


Those luxury tax teams aren't adding salary, they are trying to shed it or shift it to need. Fournier doesn't really shed money for anyone short or long term + matching his salary alone for that scenario you speak of is tough.

There is not a lot of benefit for Orlando to trade a key player for a late 1st round pick. The goal in that type of exchange would be to get a better asset or make team better, that does neither. A late 1st round pick is not more valuable asset to Orlando than Fournier.

Tax payer MLE is 3yr/$17.8m and Full MLE is 4yr/$39m. Cousins can definitely get more than that, he did on 1st year of injury, now he'll likely be seen as the 2nd best big on the market. Valenciunas will probably have to settle for MLE, depends on if there is a team that values good interior defense and rebounding over perimeter shooting from their big - like Nurkic in Portland. I don't think there is a starting role like that available this summer, so yea, he's probably MLE.

Sacramento's fan base loves Vucevic. Honestly I don't understand why Vucevic would want to join that type of system. He would have to play almost exclusively on the perimeter like Brook Lopez, negating a huge part of his arsenal. I guess money is a good enough reason. On the flipside, why would Sacramento pay big $ to a player that in their context becomes a 3-4th option spot up shooter. I don't see Magic FO paying him more than $25m per unless its an (unlikely) short term contract.
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,818
And1: 1,521
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1243 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm

MoMM wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Wasn't talking about Vuc going to any of those teams, more along the lines that those western conference teams could be looking to package meh $/dead cap and late 1st pick for shooters/role players. Orlando should be all over trying to get another 1st for EF even if it meant taking on a little more $ in return.

C market is solid (Vuc, Kanter, Lopez, Dedmon, Jordan) but have to imagine teams are more looking to wait and fill spots with other positions and swing back to grab a cheap C later.

Valanciunas is likely to re sign in Memphis and opted out for a long term deal vs risking playing on 1 year deal. Cousins is still unknown due to his injury & I don't envision him getting more than MLE.

Biggest threat with Vuc is and will be Sacramento.. They could easily clear 34+M in Cap Space offer Vuc 22-25+ a year and have 10ishM to play with for better bench depth wouldn't be a bad off season for them.
San Antonio is basically asking Sacramento to take DeRozan. If that happens they won't have any room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Why is Spurs doing it?
I think Pop wants more of a three point shooter and probably cap flexibility

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
MoMM
General Manager
Posts: 8,648
And1: 866
Joined: Jan 08, 2002
Location: Florianopolis, Brazil
Contact:
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1244 » by MoMM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 pm

basketballRob wrote:
MoMM wrote:
basketballRob wrote:San Antonio is basically asking Sacramento to take DeRozan. If that happens they won't have any room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Why is Spurs doing it?
I think Pop wants more of a three point shooter and probably cap flexibility

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Got it. I'd send Evan + Moz for DeRozan :wink:
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,818
And1: 1,521
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1245 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 pm

MoMM wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
MoMM wrote:Why is Spurs doing it?
I think Pop wants more of a three point shooter and probably cap flexibility

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Got it. I'd send Evan + Moz for DeRozan :wink:
Not sure that would give them flexibility.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Veteran
Posts: 2,695
And1: 2,143
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1246 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:14 pm

ezzzp wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
KD and Klay are going to get new max deals. Teams are still going to line up to give them money.

As for Vucevic's market...if anything, the C market just got more crowded.

Cousins performance in playoffs proved he's still solid even at half point of normal recovery time. His type of injury usually has player returning close to form by second season. Someone is going to pay him starter money.

26 year old Valenciunas just entered FA, that's yet another starting caliber C on the market.

OKC has Adams, Portland has Nurkic, Denver has Jokic and Houston has Capella. Three of those 4 teams are in deep luxury tax as is. Their flexibility is extremely limited. If they trade their center, they have to refill it with trade as they aren't creating cap to use in free agency, just lessening their tax debt.


Wasn't talking about Vuc going to any of those teams, more along the lines that those western conference teams could be looking to package meh $/dead cap and late 1st pick for shooters/role players. Orlando should be all over trying to get another 1st for EF even if it meant taking on a little more $ in return.

C market is solid (Vuc, Kanter, Lopez, Dedmon, Jordan) but have to imagine teams are more looking to wait and fill spots with other positions and swing back to grab a cheap C later.

Valanciunas is likely to re sign in Memphis and opted out for a long term deal vs risking playing on 1 year deal. Cousins is still unknown due to his injury & I don't envision him getting more than MLE.

Biggest threat with Vuc is and will be Sacramento.. They could easily clear 34+M in Cap Space offer Vuc 22-25+ a year and have 10ishM to play with for better bench depth wouldn't be a bad off season for them.


Those luxury tax teams aren't adding salary, they are trying to shed it or shift it to need. Fournier doesn't really shed money for anyone short or long term + matching his salary alone for that scenario you speak of is tough.

There is not a lot of benefit for Orlando to trade a key player for a late 1st round pick. The goal in that type of exchange would be to get a better asset or make team better, that does neither. A late 1st round pick is not more valuable asset to Orlando than Fournier.

Tax payer MLE is 3yr/$17.8m and Full MLE is 4yr/$39m. Cousins can definitely get more than that, he did on 1st year of injury, now he'll likely be seen as the 2nd best big on the market. Valenciunas will probably have to settle for MLE, depends on if there is a team that values good interior defense and rebounding over perimeter shooting from their big - like Nurkic in Portland. I don't think there is a starting role like that available this summer, so yea, he's probably MLE.

Sacramento's fan base loves Vucevic. Honestly I don't understand why Vucevic would want to join that type of system. He would have to play almost exclusively on the perimeter like Brook Lopez, negating a huge part of his arsenal. I guess money is a good enough reason. On the flipside, why would Sacramento pay big $ to a player that in their context becomes a 3-4th option spot up shooter. I don't see Magic FO paying him more than $25m per unless its an (unlikely) short term contract.


I see Sacramento as extremely interesting to Vuc due to the roster fit. You can always change a system around what you have and see what fits best for your roster. Magic are not going to continue running a 2 man game through C/SG just because they did in in 2018/19. Cliff will look at what he has and see whats the best offense to run/who can he run things through to try and win games.

Put Fox in PnR with Vuc, have Hield off ball running with Bagley setting screens and Barnes in the mid range and that's a deadly combo. That actually could be one of the better starting 5's in the league. Vuc would continue to play the PnR game with a much better attacking PG which should allow him more space for Midrange/three land. He'd have Hield on the wing for 3's/cutting, Bagley can clean up rebounds down low and putbacks and then Barnes is always available wherever/weak side.

Not to mention getting a C that can space the floor and rebound also helps the other guys on the team. Fox/Bagley could get easier looks at the rim now since defense can't sag of Vuc. Hield will have a C who can pass the ball and work a 2 man game if needed. Barnes is a great vet who can easily chip in and plays hard.

If you're Sacramento what else are you going to spend money on this FA? WCS is a FA (has had 4 years to figure it out and hasn't) then you've got Harry Giles as your only other C. They have 34M in open cap space they could easily offer Vuc something like 4 year 100M and then have another 9-10ishM left to go grab a wing or under valued guy for bench.
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
zaymon
Rookie
Posts: 1,235
And1: 680
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1247 » by zaymon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 pm

I dont think 25 M a year convinces Vucevic to move to sacramento. It would have to be 30+. If we knew what we have in Fultz decision making would be so much easier... If Fultz is healthy i think we have enough talent to resign Vucevic, Ross and doesnt look back at the lottery for the next 5+ years. If Fultz never recovers resigning Vucevic is more risky.
Bold Predictions:
1. Deandre Ayton biggest disappointment of 2018 draft.
2. Nick Nurse becomes Orlando Magic Head Coach. (15.04.2018)
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Veteran
Posts: 2,695
And1: 2,143
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1248 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter


LOVE every single word... Lebron is donezooooo
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
ezzzp
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,434
And1: 2,786
Joined: Aug 25, 2009
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1249 » by ezzzp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:01 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
I see Sacramento as extremely interesting to Vuc due to the roster fit. You can always change a system around what you have and see what fits best for your roster. Magic are not going to continue running a 2 man game through C/SG just because they did in in 2018/19. Cliff will look at what he has and see whats the best offense to run/who can he run things through to try and win games.

Put Fox in PnR with Vuc, have Hield off ball running with Bagley setting screens and Barnes in the mid range and that's a deadly combo. That actually could be one of the better starting 5's in the league. Vuc would continue to play the PnR game with a much better attacking PG which should allow him more space for Midrange/three land. He'd have Hield on the wing for 3's/cutting, Bagley can clean up rebounds down low and putbacks and then Barnes is always available wherever/weak side.

Not to mention getting a C that can space the floor and rebound also helps the other guys on the team. Fox/Bagley could get easier looks at the rim now since defense can't sag of Vuc. Hield will have a C who can pass the ball and work a 2 man game if needed. Barnes is a great vet who can easily chip in and plays hard.

If you're Sacramento what else are you going to spend money on this FA? WCS is a FA (has had 4 years to figure it out and hasn't) then you've got Harry Giles as your only other C. They have 34M in open cap space they could easily offer Vuc something like 4 year 100M and then have another 9-10ishM left to go grab a wing or under valued guy for bench.


I don't. You're pushing Bagley, arguably their 2nd most talented player, to the background.

They don't need to spend their entire cap just because its there; much less blow most of it on one position. They have Hield and Bogdonavic hitting restricted free agency next summer, then Fox and Gilles the following summer.

Vucevic adds a player that took 17 FGA per game into a unit that already has a #1 option (Hield) a #2 option (Fox) + Bagley who most think will be their #1 or #2. Their C position (when they used one) was a 5th option, now that would be swapped out for a player being paid to be #1 option.

With the roster they have, they'd be smarter to get a low USG big who can defend, rebound decently and shoot 3's. That's Dedmon in my opinion.
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Veteran
Posts: 2,695
And1: 2,143
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1250 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:34 pm

ezzzp wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
I see Sacramento as extremely interesting to Vuc due to the roster fit. You can always change a system around what you have and see what fits best for your roster. Magic are not going to continue running a 2 man game through C/SG just because they did in in 2018/19. Cliff will look at what he has and see whats the best offense to run/who can he run things through to try and win games.

Put Fox in PnR with Vuc, have Hield off ball running with Bagley setting screens and Barnes in the mid range and that's a deadly combo. That actually could be one of the better starting 5's in the league. Vuc would continue to play the PnR game with a much better attacking PG which should allow him more space for Midrange/three land. He'd have Hield on the wing for 3's/cutting, Bagley can clean up rebounds down low and putbacks and then Barnes is always available wherever/weak side.

Not to mention getting a C that can space the floor and rebound also helps the other guys on the team. Fox/Bagley could get easier looks at the rim now since defense can't sag of Vuc. Hield will have a C who can pass the ball and work a 2 man game if needed. Barnes is a great vet who can easily chip in and plays hard.

If you're Sacramento what else are you going to spend money on this FA? WCS is a FA (has had 4 years to figure it out and hasn't) then you've got Harry Giles as your only other C. They have 34M in open cap space they could easily offer Vuc something like 4 year 100M and then have another 9-10ishM left to go grab a wing or under valued guy for bench.


I don't. You're pushing Bagley, arguably their 2nd most talented player, to the background.

They don't need to spend their entire cap just because its there; much less blow most of it on one position. They have Hield and Bogdonavic hitting restricted free agency next summer, then Fox and Gilles the following summer.

Vucevic adds a player that took 17 FGA per game into a unit that already has a #1 option (Hield) a #2 option (Fox) + Bagley who most think will be their #1 or #2. Their C position (when they used one) was a 5th option, now that would be swapped out for a player being paid to be #1 option.

With the roster they have, they'd be smarter to get a low USG big who can defend, rebound decently and shoot 3's. That's Dedmon in my opinion.


I'm not pushing Bagley anywhere, dude was a rookie and still has a lot of room for growth. Bagley started 4 games last year so he's definitely not starting this upcoming year either. I would argue Hield is by far the #1 option on that team followed by Fox then Bogdan/Bagley. Heck Vuc could fit in well as the 3rd option and still get 12FGA ( Bogdanovic #'s) per game or maybe even a slight tick more.

They also have Barnes Cap hit of 33M coming off the books after next year which could very well pay both Hield and Bogs. Bjelica's deal is also non guaranteed and he's 31 so that's $7M more to come off books if needed.

Like I said what else is Sacramento going to use it's cap space on? Blowing it would be signing 2-3 dudes who barely move the needle and its the NBA's DNA to absolutely blow $. That's how guys like Moz/Thompson/Biyombo get ridiculous deals because they have 1 good year or playoff run and a team says that's the guy to fix our teams problems. Kings absolutely have to make the playoff push this year and signing Vuc would go a long way to that chance. Vuc's usage would likely drop to that 16-17% rate because he's not asked to be #1 option nor should he on a team like Sacramento. On a team that's void of shooting like Orlando's Vuc's Usage had to be high because that's only way we're winning games.

These GM's are not worried too much about 2/3 years down the line, they have to worry about continuing to improve and if Vuc at 4year 100M keeps that moving then I'll deal with the other issues later. I know I have bird rights to both Fox/Hield so I can go over cap if needed and that gives me another year to figure it out.

The market would set Vuc's Value not what offensive option he would be. It's like how we're paying Fournier 32M over the next 2 years to be our option 2 when he really is an option 4/5 on most teams. It's an overpay based on our valuation of him being #2 option & he's likely being forced into too much of a role due to our lack of scoring/talent. However when you take a look around the league and see what other teams are throwing at SG's with similar stats it's pretty comparable.
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
ezzzp
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,434
And1: 2,786
Joined: Aug 25, 2009
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1251 » by ezzzp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:14 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
I'm not pushing Bagley anywhere, dude was a rookie and still has a lot of room for growth. Bagley started 4 games last year so he's definitely not starting this upcoming year either. I would argue Hield is by far the #1 option on that team followed by Fox then Bogdan/Bagley. Heck Vuc could fit in well as the 3rd option and still get 12FGA ( Bogdanovic #'s) per game or maybe even a slight tick more.

They also have Barnes Cap hit of 33M coming off the books after next year which could very well pay both Hield and Bogs. Bjelica's deal is also non guaranteed and he's 31 so that's $7M more to come off books if needed.

Like I said what else is Sacramento going to use it's cap space on? Blowing it would be signing 2-3 dudes who barely move the needle and its the NBA's DNA to absolutely blow $. That's how guys like Moz/Thompson/Biyombo get ridiculous deals because they have 1 good year or playoff run and a team says that's the guy to fix our teams problems. Kings absolutely have to make the playoff push this year and signing Vuc would go a long way to that chance. Vuc's usage would likely drop to that 16-17% rate because he's not asked to be #1 option nor should he on a team like Sacramento. On a team that's void of shooting like Orlando's Vuc's Usage had to be high because that's only way we're winning games.

These GM's are not worried too much about 2/3 years down the line, they have to worry about continuing to improve and if Vuc at 4year 100M keeps that moving then I'll deal with the other issues later. I know I have bird rights to both Fox/Hield so I can go over cap if needed and that gives me another year to figure it out.

The market would set Vuc's Value not what offensive option he would be. It's like how we're paying Fournier 32M over the next 2 years to be our option 2 when he really is an option 4/5 on most teams. It's an overpay based on our valuation of him being #2 option & he's likely being forced into too much of a role due to our lack of scoring/talent. However when you take a look around the league and see what other teams are throwing at SG's with similar stats it's pretty comparable.


That was only because Bagley was in and out with knee injury + Joerger preferring vet Bjelica. My guess is he'll be starting if not day 1, long before end of season. Many wanted him to start last season, and that was rumored as partly reason why they fired Joerger.

Your cap projection is optimistic and not accounting for cap increase (hence salary increases). Barnes expiring space will be mostly swallowed by Vucevic's salary. If he remains at the level he's been playing at Buddy Hield will easily get offer sheets that are at least 20% of cap, that summer that's $23m. If Bogdanovic continues to start as most think he will - he easily get at least 15% of cap offer sheets ($17m). That's $40m from what used to $12m salary. Those are modest amounts too, Aaron Gordon who was a 3d-4th option type player got a 20% of cap contract. I could easily see many teams giving Hield max offers sheet...that's $29m alone.

GM's are absolutely worried about 2-3 years down the line...its one of the biggest part of their job.

There is no way Sacramento is getting Vucevic for 4th-5th option money. The market sets the price for Vucevic...for Sacramento to lure him they will have to be the ones that set the price high. They will have to be overpay Vuc for him to accept going into that situation.
User avatar
Ducklett
Starter
Posts: 2,325
And1: 1,429
Joined: Jul 17, 2012

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1252 » by Ducklett » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 am

For the record, we are ranked 20th in ESPN's too early power rankings LOL
magicman112
Head Coach
Posts: 6,843
And1: 1,717
Joined: Oct 31, 2001

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1253 » by magicman112 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:27 am

Ducklett wrote:For the record, we are ranked 20th in ESPN's too early power rankings LOL

And the Knicks are two spots above us for some reason.
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 21,860
And1: 7,357
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1254 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:54 am

basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
basketballRob wrote:So do you think they'll just let WCS go?

Plus it's more likely to get a center cheap then it is a wing player.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app


I see Sacramento biggest hole is C and that's whats holding them back. I think Vuc is #1 target then maybe Dedmon or Lopez. WCS has had 5 years to try and figure it out in SAC and he really hasn't improved much. I think Sacramento offers something like 4 year 105M to Vuc and then has 8-10M left to go grab a vet guy.

Kings have Bogdan Bogdanovic who had a solid sophomore year to come off bench again and play 20+ minutes if needed.
That's who the Spurs want, Bogdonavic for DeRozan.

If they add DeRozan and Lopez or Cousins, I could see them having a jump like Milwaukee did.

I do hope they offer Vuc a big contract but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't want to get my hopes up.



Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
I understand. Watching a player you personally hate shut you up by making the All Star team must be tough.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,818
And1: 1,521
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1255 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
I see Sacramento biggest hole is C and that's whats holding them back. I think Vuc is #1 target then maybe Dedmon or Lopez. WCS has had 5 years to try and figure it out in SAC and he really hasn't improved much. I think Sacramento offers something like 4 year 105M to Vuc and then has 8-10M left to go grab a vet guy.

Kings have Bogdan Bogdanovic who had a solid sophomore year to come off bench again and play 20+ minutes if needed.
That's who the Spurs want, Bogdonavic for DeRozan.

If they add DeRozan and Lopez or Cousins, I could see them having a jump like Milwaukee did.

I do hope they offer Vuc a big contract but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't want to get my hopes up.



Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
I understand. Watching a player you personally hate shut you up by making the All Star team must be tough.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
I think it's wonderful and hope some team other than the Magic gives him a huge contract.

Maybe him and Tobias could join forces and they could both make more all star teams.


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
bigmoe1952
Junior
Posts: 425
And1: 22
Joined: Jun 25, 2010

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1256 » by bigmoe1952 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 pm

The best way the Magic can guarantee having a successful summer is to ask Hennigan what he would do and then just do the opposite. Hell, even pay him a consultation fee.
THAT'LL BE THE DAY!
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 21,860
And1: 7,357
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1257 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
basketballRob wrote:That's who the Spurs want, Bogdonavic for DeRozan.

If they add DeRozan and Lopez or Cousins, I could see them having a jump like Milwaukee did.

I do hope they offer Vuc a big contract but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't want to get my hopes up.



Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
I understand. Watching a player you personally hate shut you up by making the All Star team must be tough.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
I think it's wonderful and hope some team other than the Magic gives him a huge contract.

Maybe him and Tobias could join forces and they could both make more all star teams.


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
You hope a team other than the Magic get multiple All Stars? Wow "Magic Fan"

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,818
And1: 1,521
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1258 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I understand. Watching a player you personally hate shut you up by making the All Star team must be tough.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
I think it's wonderful and hope some team other than the Magic gives him a huge contract.

Maybe him and Tobias could join forces and they could both make more all star teams.


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
You hope a team other than the Magic get multiple All Stars? Wow "Magic Fan"

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app


I like defense and winning more than offensive stats and losing. We already tried Vuc/Harris and it didn't work.
NotACat
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,451
And1: 699
Joined: Apr 28, 2018
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1259 » by NotACat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm

magicman112 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:For the record, we are ranked 20th in ESPN's too early power rankings LOL

And the Knicks are two spots above us for some reason.

That makes zero sense. Knicks should be #30
User avatar
MoMM
General Manager
Posts: 8,648
And1: 866
Joined: Jan 08, 2002
Location: Florianopolis, Brazil
Contact:
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#1260 » by MoMM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 pm

NotACat wrote:
magicman112 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:For the record, we are ranked 20th in ESPN's too early power rankings LOL

And the Knicks are two spots above us for some reason.

That makes zero sense. Knicks should be #30

Probably they considered that Knicks will sign two superstars :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic