ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should we resign Vuc/Ross

Yes
34%
Yes, but just Vuc
7%
Yes, but just Ross
40%
No
18%

Total votes: 126

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#541 » by NotACat » Wed May 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Black Lives Matter
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#542 » by NickAnderson » Thu May 23, 2019 12:51 am

NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Did you se the first tweet. this man put 3pt%/FG%/FT% :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#543 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 23, 2019 2:10 am

NickAnderson wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Did you se the first tweet. this man put 3pt%/FG%/FT%
Yeah what an ****. Rooting for someone to fail.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#544 » by Bakomagic » Thu May 23, 2019 2:19 am

NickAnderson wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Did you se the first tweet. this man put 3pt%/FG%/FT% :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PTS/AST/REB.....per game....Skiles, he’s coming for that record !
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#545 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 am

NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

How about this one:

Markelle Fultz Verified account @MarkelleF

You really can’t trust NO ONE !!

‏ @RashfordFC 28 Jan 2018 Replying to @MarkelleF

Not even your own shooting form?

Lol

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Post#546 » by Howard Mass » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 am

Very cryptic.

We just have to have hope with Markelle Fultz. I do think everything will work out though.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#547 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Very cryptic.

We just have to have hope with Markelle Fultz. I do think everything will work out though.

His 21st birthday is the 29th, so I believe the 30th is most likely related.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#548 » by MoMM » Thu May 23, 2019 12:47 pm

Isn't it related to when he is expected to come back to the court?
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#549 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Very cryptic.

His 21st birthday is the 29th, so I believe the 30th is most likely related.

I'm pretty sure everyone here will be on his account that day hoping to see him throwing down windmills dunks and going through shooting drills. And if he does... we'll have a bunch of giddy little school girls ... including the pessimists. lol
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#550 » by ezzzp » Thu May 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Daily Memphian: The Mike Conley Trade Speculation Column (Summer Edition)

Orlando Magic: D.J. Augustin had a nice playoff series but he’s no Conley and maybe the Magic, after being bad for so long, should tap the gas to get a little better right now. If they re-sign center Nikola Vucevic, Conley would pair nicely with him and could also both play with and be a kind of bridge for trade acquisition Markelle Fultz. How could Orlando get a deal done?

Backup center Timofey Mozgov ($16.7 million expiring) is the financial starting point and Orlando’s No. 16 pick in this summer’s draft the primary value piece. What rounds out the deal? There are some options. Swingman Evan Fournier ($17 million each of the next two seasons) would be a tidy concluding piece. Otherwise, other possible pieces would include D.J. Augustin ($7.3 million expiring) or perhaps even Markelle Fultz ($9.7 million in last guaranteed year of rookie deal) or even rising second-year center Mo Bamba if Orlando wants to ditch that plan. Mozgov/Fournier/16 pick for Conley seems like one of the cleanest potential deals out there.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#551 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 23, 2019 3:56 pm

ezzzp wrote:Daily Memphian: The Mike Conley trade speculation column (summer edition) by Chris Herrington

Orlando Magic: D.J. Augustin had a nice playoff series but he’s no Conley and maybe the Magic, after being bad for so long, should tap the gas to get a little better right now. If they re-sign center Nikola Vucevic, Conley would pair nicely with him and could also both play with and be a kind of bridge for trade acquisition Markelle Fultz. How could Orlando get a deal done?

Backup center Timofey Mozgov ($16.7 million expiring) is the financial starting point and Orlando’s No. 16 pick in this summer’s draft the primary value piece. What rounds out the deal? There are some options. Swingman Evan Fournier ($17 million each of the next two seasons) would be a tidy concluding piece. Otherwise, other possible pieces would include D.J. Augustin ($7.3 million expiring) or perhaps even Markelle Fultz ($9.7 million in last guaranteed year of rookie deal) or even rising second-year center Mo Bamba if Orlando wants to ditch that plan. Mozgov/Fournier/16 pick for Conley seems like one of the cleanest potential deals out there.

https://dailymemphian.com/article/5164/Grizzlies-The-Mike-Conley-trade-speculation-column-summer-edition

For 2 maybe 3 decent years if he doesn’t get injured? Wouldn’t be the most exciting trade.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#552 » by zaymon » Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
ezzzp wrote:Daily Memphian: The Mike Conley trade speculation column (summer edition) by Chris Herrington

https://dailymemphian.com/article/5164/Grizzlies-The-Mike-Conley-trade-speculation-column-summer-edition

For 2 maybe 3 decent years if he doesn’t get injured? Wouldn’t be the most exciting trade.

Why would we make that deal ? We dont contend, we weaken our position of need, we give out assets. Its like opposite of what we want to do.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,979

Post#553 » by MagicMatic » Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Pass. It would be pushing the chips in to compete now, without the roster capable of (more than likely) not getting past the first round. Trading 16, Fultz, Bamba, future firsts, and Moz expiring for an often injured 31 year old point guard is a pretty shortsighted move.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#554 » by Skin » Thu May 23, 2019 5:07 pm

ezzzp wrote:Daily Memphian: The Mike Conley Trade Speculation Column (Summer Edition)

Mozgov and Fournier for Conley? lol Grizz aren't that dumb.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#555 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Pass. It would be pushing the chips in to compete now, without the roster capable of (more than likely) not getting past the first round. Trading 16, Fultz, Bamba, future firsts, and Moz expiring for an often injured 31 year old point guard is a pretty shortsighted move.

If it’s swapping Mozgov/Fournier for Conley at the cost of the 16th pick, I’m not totally opposed

Conley is a nice 2 way PG that’s a plus shooter with leadership ability.. also I don’t think he would have **** his pants in the playoffs like the rest of the team. I could see Clifford loving Conley
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#556 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:54 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:For 2 maybe 3 decent years if he doesn’t get injured? Wouldn’t be the most exciting trade.

If it’s swapping Mozgov/Fournier for Conley at the cost of the 16th pick, I’m not totally opposed

Conley is a nice 2 way PG that’s a plus shooter with leadership ability.. also I don’t think he would have **** his pants in the playoffs like the rest of the team. I could see Clifford loving Conley

His leadership would be great. But I am going to go moreso for seeing what we have. The experience of clawing their way from the bottom and into the playoffs was already a feat they will use to carry on into the next season. And the anguish found in utter defeat will also do just as much of the same depending on their personalities and how they handle that defeat. The other thing that would be important is how they view Fultz. We are out here throwing spitballs in the wind thinking we are going to hit the target... "Is he still injured?" "Why is he still out?"... "IS HE MENTALLY BROKEN?!?!?!"... and they know what's going on. If they are legit taking their time with him and know their expect projections for him.... there is no use throwing another obstacle in the kids way. I'd rather have DJ as the starter with the knowledge that he can happily slide over if fultz starts budding or blooms.

And if he buds.... this is a totally different team than last year... especially when you throw in a quality and complimentary pick.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#557 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 23, 2019 6:32 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

His leadership would be great. But I am going to go moreso for seeing what we have. The experience of clawing their way from the bottom and into the playoffs was already a feat they will use to carry on into the next season. And the anguish found in utter defeat will also do just as much of the same depending on their personalities and how they handle that defeat. The other thing that would be important is how they view Fultz. We are out here throwing spitballs in the wind thinking we are going to hit the target... "Is he still injured?" "Why is he still out?"... "IS HE MENTALLY BROKEN?!?!?!"... and they know what's going on. If they are legit taking their time with him and know their expect projections for him.... there is no use throwing another obstacle in the kids way. I'd rather have DJ as the starter with the knowledge that he can happily slide over if fultz starts budding or blooms.

And if he buds.... this is a totally different team than last year... especially when you throw in a quality and complimentary pick.

getting conley if it is indeed Moz/Fournier and 16 would be a damn good deal... They could realistically hold Fultz out all year and let him "take his time" since DJ would be a very solid 1-2 punch with Conley.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#558 » by ezzzp » Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Skin wrote:
ezzzp wrote:Daily Memphian: The Mike Conley Trade Speculation Column (Summer Edition)

Its their beat writer (equivalent of Robbins) PLUS the trade he states is Fournier, Mozgov AND 16th Pick
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#559 » by ezzzp » Thu May 23, 2019 7:06 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Obviously he's listing possible assets to combine, not all of them for Conley...the trade he's focused on is 16 + Fournier + Mozgov
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#560 » by Skin » Thu May 23, 2019 7:10 pm

ezzzp wrote:
Skin wrote:

Its their beat writer (equivalent of Robbins) PLUS the trade he states is Fournier, Mozgov AND 16th Pick

In that case, no no no... #16 is gonna be given a chance to be a part of our long term core. Conley is worth more to teams picking at the end of the round.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic