ImageImageImageImage

Trade: Let's trade for Capela?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Trade: Let's trade for Capela? 

Post#41 » by MoMM » Thu May 30, 2019 9:29 pm

drsd wrote:
MoMM wrote:Besides Eric Gordon, I'd try to trade for PJ Tucker. He would be a nice enforcer to have at 3.

On an expiring deal. But so will Be Fournier. No real benefit to the financials.

I wouldn't trade him for financial reasons, it's because I like his game.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#42 » by Furinkazan » Sun Jun 2, 2019 4:25 am

MoMM wrote:
drsd wrote:
MoMM wrote:Besides Eric Gordon, I'd try to trade for PJ Tucker. He would be a nice enforcer to have at 3.

On an expiring deal. But so will Be Fournier. No real benefit to the financials.

Tucker plays with a lot of passion thats for sure.Never gives up etc but when he shoots my eyes bleed.Ive seen enough of brick layers in my lifetime.He would be a nice addition...if we had Harden :wink: .
MoMM
RealGM

Post#43 » by MoMM » Sun Jun 2, 2019 6:31 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
MoMM wrote:
drsd wrote:

Tucker plays with a lot of passion thats for sure.Never gives up etc but when he shoots my eyes bleed.Ive seen enough of brick layers in my lifetime.He would be a nice addition...if we had Harden :wink: .

His corner 3 is good, IMO. Maybe the shot is ugly, but as long as he makes them, I'm OK with that.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#44 » by KillMonger » Sun Jun 2, 2019 6:57 pm

If this was like 2015 yeah lets trade for him....but in today's nba? the way the game is played now? clint is essentially a dinosaur imo
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#45 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:04 am

Solid Snake wrote:If this was like 2015 yeah lets trade for him....but in today's nba? the way the game is played now? clint is essentially a dinosaur imo

He's rim runner, Cs like him will always find place because of his mobility. But without elite ballhandlers to use him in screen and P&R action he is player less on offense.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#46 » by Shady Franchise » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:00 pm

Solid Snake wrote:If this was like 2015 yeah lets trade for him....but in today's nba? the way the game is played now? clint is essentially a dinosaur imo

I would have loved to have him a year or two ago, but this past season showed me our team needs the vuc type, offensive playing center. That's why I'd be fine with trading Bamba if we resign Vuc, and try to upgrade one of our other positions of need.

Bamba trade/DJ/Fultz
Fournier/Ross
Isaac/draft
Gordon/Martin
Vuc/FA
Do not max Vuc!
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#47 » by KillMonger » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:07 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

He's rim runner, Cs like him will always find place because of his mobility. But without elite ballhandlers to use him in screen and P&R action he is player less on offense.
Sure rim runners in general are valuable but on this team in particular the way we play? Not quite, we just don't have enough play makers as currently constructed. Thing is though bamba could be effective as a rim runner if that's the criteria, he has serious potential on vertical spacing alone. Thus we come back to the problem, playmakers we don't have players that is good enough in the pick and roll to take advantage of the potential vertical spacing bamba provides. I mean literally a player can throw it up at the top of the square and bamba can go get it with his length. He has to work on his body though to absorb contact better but since he has those dwight shoulders he should be able to put on weight on that frame.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#48 » by Furinkazan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 8:45 pm

MoMM wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
MoMM wrote:I wouldn't trade him for financial reasons, it's because I like his game.

His corner 3 is good, IMO. Maybe the shot is ugly, but as long as he makes them, I'm OK with that.

somehow every game I watch ROckets he doesnt make them (I see about 20-25 games a season)his shot is horrendous when I watch those games he always finish with 1/9 or something like that. EVERY FREAKIN TIME.HE cant even hit a jumper 4 ft from basket.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#49 » by MoMM » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:31 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
MoMM wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:Tucker plays with a lot of passion thats for sure.Never gives up etc but when he shoots my eyes bleed.Ive seen enough of brick layers in my lifetime.He would be a nice addition...if we had Harden :wink: .

somehow every game I watch ROckets he doesnt make them (I see about 20-25 games a season)his shot is horrendous when I watch those games he always finish with 1/9 or something like that. EVERY FREAKIN TIME.HE cant even hit a jumper 4 ft from basket.

Well, so I think we shouldn't trade for him as you will watch more than 20-25 Magic games per year :lol:
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#50 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:43 pm

Let's not.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,235

Post#51 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jun 6, 2019 1:30 pm

drsd wrote:Trading Fournier for Capela only makes sense if the Magic has no intention of resigning Vučević.

Then I guess we haven’t learned our lesson that players like Cappella are only effective when paired with elite wing talent. He’s obsolete. If we lose Vuc then there is absolutely no reason not to hand the reigns to Mo.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic