ImageImageImageImage

It's draft DAY! Who should we take at 16? (Poll)

Moderators: SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird, ChosenSavior, Knightro, Howard Mass

Who should we select?

Tyler Herro, Kentucky
12
13%
Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Virginia Tech
31
34%
Romeo Langford, Indiana
11
12%
Kevin Porter Jr., USC
14
15%
Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga
1
1%
Nassir Little, North Carolina
5
5%
PJ Washington, Kentucky
2
2%
Keldon Johnson, Kentucky
2
2%
Kz Okpala, Stanford
3
3%
Bol Bol, Oregon
10
11%
 
Total votes: 91

pepe1991
General Manager
Posts: 9,845
And1: 7,883
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#61 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:04 am

Cam Reddist ovehype is still a thing?
Guy has Stanley Johnson / Wiggins written all over himself.

Guy had THE LOWEST effective field goal percentage among PROJECTED FIRST ROUND PICKS. And that's your " potential allstar"

Guy is spot up shooter who happends to be terrible at it. At college. And who also can't pass, run with ball, dribble, draw fouls or pretty much do anything else to contribute.

Why is he still high at draft boards ? Because draft depth is terrible so some fool will, like every year reach for 6'8 wing and see in him something that isn't there ( Hezonja, Winslow, Wes Johnson, Stanley Johnson, Mo Harkless, Aminu ,Tyreke Evans, Gerald Henderson... all 6'7-6'9 ,all high lottery picks).
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 34,398
And1: 6,601
Joined: Jan 14, 2004
Location: Beyond the Space, Beyond the Time
 

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#62 » by FFBlitzace » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:40 pm

If you're confident in your ability to teach your players professionalism and maturity, Porter seems like the most talented guard/scorer we might have the opportunity to take.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 22,056
And1: 7,525
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#63 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm

I'm at a point where is seriously be fine with almost anyone, even Bol Bol. I mean WTF not? Who are we to be picky.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 26,970
And1: 4,048
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: The draft is 8 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#64 » by drsd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Instincts wrote:The form on the shot looks good and repeatable. Nice set point.


I disagree. He is pushing the ball from face level. He needs to get an arc starting from above his head. At his height, that jumper would be unguardable.

Bol Bol at the 4 could be a remarkable thing for the NBA.
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 8,327
And1: 4,652
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#65 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I'm at a point where is seriously be fine with almost anyone, even Bol Bol. I mean WTF not? Who are we to be picky.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app


I can’t tell if you’re serious or not but I honestly feel the same when we sit at #16 in a class deep with NBA talent but lacking in clear NBA star power (minus top 2-3).

There are many names expected to go at or around #16 who can be impactful. I feel we will go with a wing because there are so many of them.

Bol Bol could be interesting if WeHam doesn’t like the current requests from Vuc’s team or we plan to go all in for Russell.
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Veteran
Posts: 2,697
And1: 2,144
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
     

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#66 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Decent friends with a couple VT basketball dudes and one buddy said if NAW is there at 16 NAW feels good he would be the pick.

Also worth noting Justin Robinson and Ahmed Hill both worked out for Magic on Friday. NAW was with them but didn’t work out.
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
Nyce_1
RealGM
Posts: 10,636
And1: 4,645
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#67 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:57 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Decent friends with a couple VT basketball dudes and one buddy said if NAW is there at 16 NAW feels good he would be the pick.

Also worth noting Justin Robinson and Ahmed Hill both worked out for Magic on Friday. NAW was with them but didn’t work out.
I wouldn't be mad.

I'm just ready for this pick to be made so we can see the guys in summer league.

I still hope we trade the pick to dump a contract.
pepe1991
General Manager
Posts: 9,845
And1: 7,883
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#68 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:04 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I'm at a point where is seriously be fine with almost anyone, even Bol Bol. I mean WTF not? Who are we to be picky.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app


I can’t tell if you’re serious or not but I honestly feel the same when we sit at #16 in a class deep with NBA talent but lacking in clear NBA star power (minus top 2-3).

There are many names expected to go at or around #16 who can be impactful. I feel we will go with a wing because there are so many of them.

Bol Bol could be interesting if WeHam doesn’t like the current requests from Vuc’s team or we plan to go all in for Russell.


I'm reaching same conclusion. I won't even be mad if they take Bol, who cares ?
It's 16 pick, given history, objective outcome for that player is role player and trade asset.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
Anti Chalmers
Starter
Posts: 2,129
And1: 1,689
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: :)
 

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#69 » by Anti Chalmers » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Bol Bol at 16 would be great
User avatar
j-ragg
RealGM
Posts: 16,379
And1: 9,874
Joined: Mar 31, 2005
Location: the don't re-sign Hedo bandwagon.
   

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#70 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Ok I’ll say it. No thanks on Bol Bol. You guys are savages

(yes I understand what you’re saying but another center will make my soul die faster)
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
jayrehme
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,466
And1: 344
Joined: Feb 15, 2006
Location: Fort Myers, FL
 

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#71 » by jayrehme » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:54 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Decent friends with a couple VT basketball dudes and one buddy said if NAW is there at 16 NAW feels good he would be the pick.

Also worth noting Justin Robinson and Ahmed Hill both worked out for Magic on Friday. NAW was with them but didn’t work out.


Justin robinson = jameer nelson .. probably better than any PG we have.
User avatar
MoMM
General Manager
Posts: 8,762
And1: 915
Joined: Jan 08, 2002
Location: Florianopolis, Brazil
Contact:
     

Re: The draft is 4 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#72 » by MoMM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:01 pm

I'm OK with drafting Bol as long as we trade Bamba.
User avatar
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 14,862
And1: 6,822
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: The draft is 4 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#73 » by Skin » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Voted for Porter since Thybulle wasn't an option. Haha
Magic#1
Head Coach
Posts: 7,214
And1: 854
Joined: Apr 12, 2001

Re: The draft is 4 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#74 » by Magic#1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:23 pm

NAW or Herro both make sense and would add something to our team. If Reddish drops, I feel like you gotta take him there. I don't see the hype but his potential would still be a very good gamble at 16. Porter is also intriguing for sure and was touted as a lottery pick earlier this season. Thybulle or Johnson could be other options. I would have loved Langford at the beginning of the year and he is still very intriguing but he also could be out of the league in a few years.
User avatar
Solid Snake
General Manager
Posts: 9,429
And1: 3,989
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: The draft is 4 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#75 » by Solid Snake » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:34 am



Nassir little open run ft. courtney lee
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
Instincts
Pro Prospect
Posts: 973
And1: 472
Joined: Jul 08, 2009

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#76 » by Instincts » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:39 am

pepe1991 wrote:Cam Reddist ovehype is still a thing?
Guy has Stanley Johnson / Wiggins written all over himself.

Guy had THE LOWEST effective field goal percentage among PROJECTED FIRST ROUND PICKS. And that's your " potential allstar"

Guy is spot up shooter who happends to be terrible at it. At college. And who also can't pass, run with ball, dribble, draw fouls or pretty much do anything else to contribute.

Why is he still high at draft boards ? Because draft depth is terrible so some fool will, like every year reach for 6'8 wing and see in him something that isn't there ( Hezonja, Winslow, Wes Johnson, Stanley Johnson, Mo Harkless, Aminu ,Tyreke Evans, Gerald Henderson... all 6'7-6'9 ,all high lottery picks).


You know better than this. The draft is a percentage game, especially at #16, yes I would take the chance on reddish
Bonafide89
Sophomore
Posts: 220
And1: 130
Joined: Apr 12, 2018

Re: The draft is 4 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#77 » by Bonafide89 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 am

MoMM wrote:I'm OK with drafting Bol as long as we trade Bamba.
The strange weight loss while he was injured is concerning, as well as possible character concerns and his work ethic. He seems like one of those naturally gifted players who you are not sure if he is giving full effort.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 22,056
And1: 7,525
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#78 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I'm at a point where is seriously be fine with almost anyone, even Bol Bol. I mean WTF not? Who are we to be picky.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app


I can’t tell if you’re serious or not but I honestly feel the same when we sit at #16 in a class deep with NBA talent but lacking in clear NBA star power (minus top 2-3).

There are many names expected to go at or around #16 who can be impactful. I feel we will go with a wing because there are so many of them.

Bol Bol could be interesting if WeHam doesn’t like the current requests from Vuc’s team or we plan to go all in for Russell.
Why? Ive said,the same thing a million times. WeHam needs to pick a lane. Build on,the momentum of thisnpast season and retain assets or dont.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 23,229
And1: 11,255
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: MF20 SZN
Contact:
     

Re: The draft is 5 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#79 » by Def Swami » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:04 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Decent friends with a couple VT basketball dudes and one buddy said if NAW is there at 16 NAW feels good he would be the pick.

Also worth noting Justin Robinson and Ahmed Hill both worked out for Magic on Friday. NAW was with them but didn’t work out.

DSJ wept.
User avatar
Solid Snake
General Manager
Posts: 9,429
And1: 3,989
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: The draft is 4 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#80 » by Solid Snake » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:24 am

damn....it's so close, damn near snuck up on me
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA

Return to Orlando Magic