ImageImageImageImage

Off-season trade ideas

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Re: Off-season trade ideas 

Post#21 » by zaymon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Still if Bamba develops as planed his ceiling is higher than any player this year not named Zion. He isnt any shorter than last year, his athletic ability is massive, he showed he will propably be average 3 point shooter.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#22 » by Airgordon00 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Everyone agree trading Mozgov and Fournier for Chris Paul would be a horrible idea? I like Paul but not at that price tag for the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#23 » by NotACat » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:28 pm

zaymon wrote:Still if Bamba develops as planed his ceiling is higher than any player this year not named Zion. He isnt any shorter than last year, his athletic ability is massive, he showed he will propably be average 3 point shooter.

And he's a great person, has excellent work ethic, and is really vibing with AG and Isaac. I'm sorry, but there's no one other than Zion I would want over him.
Black Lives Matter
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#24 » by MoMM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:Everyone agree trading Mozgov and Fournier for Chris Paul would be a horrible idea? I like Paul but not at that price tag for the next 3 years.

I agree. Also, CP3 would force to be traded and he is declining fast.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#25 » by NavalAviator94 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:48 pm

MoMM wrote:I'd trade Bamba for #4 in a heartbreak.

I think you mean heartbeat.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#26 » by NavalAviator94 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:56 pm

NotACat wrote:
zaymon wrote:Still if Bamba develops as planed his ceiling is higher than any player this year not named Zion. He isnt any shorter than last year, his athletic ability is massive, he showed he will propably be average 3 point shooter.

And he's a great person, has excellent work ethic, and is really vibing with AG and Isaac. I'm sorry, but there's no one other than Zion I would want over him.

I’m high on Bamba as well. Every one of us saw how his size/length can impact an opponent. Once he gets strong enough and understands how to play with that length, he will be scary.

However, it’s going to take 2-3 years for him to get there and be consistent. I also think he’s the kind of person who needs to earn it. Playing behind Vuc in my view is a good thing for him right now.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#27 » by woosah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Doubtful they would want Bamba. The rumors were they wanted a more established player and not another young guy so it would probably be for Gordon and not Bamba (and they would add some bad salary they want to get rid of like Hill or Moore).
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#28 » by Def Swami » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Bensational wrote:
Airgordon00 wrote:If the pelicans call and offer #4 pick for Mo Bamba? Do you pull the trigger? Obviously we would have to be assured vooch is coming back. But if that’s the case would you do it?

I'm probably in the minority, but I would take that deal. I'd rather take a shot on Garland or Coby White, and then use the 16 on one of the bigs (like Goga? Or Bol Bol? etc). Or we could dip back into the pot of wings and take a NAW/Langford/Herro/etc perimeter partner for them.

I love Bamba, but I'd prefer to invest in some prospects who have skills upfront and advanced scoring instincts, and particularly those skills in a perimeter playmaker. I'm sure there will be other bigs with freak physical profiles we can gamble on with other picks. But the front court should be of low priority to us when we're looking for a potential franchise player.

I agree. Team just needs guards in the worst way. I'd probably take a swing on Garland or White.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#29 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:44 am

Here's my "I've gone crazy, let's go all in on being as competitive as we can in the next season or two".

ORL
in: Paul + DeRozan + Simons
out: A.Gordon + Fournier + Mozgov + DJ + #16
Go all in on expensive allstar-veterans, and try to steal Simons on the sly for depth.

SAS
in: McCollum
out: DeRozan + White
Get out from DeRozan's contract whilst still getting a stud who could be worthy of a run in a Pop system.

POR
in: A.Gordon + E.Gordon + #16
out: McCollum + Leonard + Simons
EG gives them another backcourt scorer to replace some of what CJ brought, and AG brings a new front court dynamic to their team.

HOU
in: White + Fournier + DJ + Leonard + Mozgov + #25
out: Paul + E.Gordon
Cheaper, younger backcourt and a hefty $34M expirings in there.

Vuc/Bamba
Isaac/
DeRozan/Iwundu
(Ross?)/Simons
Paul/Fultz

That team is a collection of individuals who aren't the best postseason performers, but maybe a collection that large of them will allow them to overcome it. Vuc/DeRozan/Paul could be pretty dynamic. If Isaac becomes Siakam-ish, watch out. Do we bring Ross back, or look to sign a cheaper veteran, like Danny Green?

AND - we get to keep most of our youth, too. Bamba, Isaac and Fultz, whilst adding Simons to the youth core.

What say you?!?!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#30 » by Skin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:47 am

Bensational wrote:Here's my "I've gone crazy, let's go all in on being as competitive as we can in the next season or two".

ORL
Go all in on expensive allstar-veterans, and try to steal Simons on the sly for depth.

SAS
Get out from DeRozan's contract whilst still getting a stud who could be worthy of a run in a Pop system.

POR
EG gives them another backcourt scorer to replace some of what CJ brought, and AG brings a new front court dynamic to their team.

HOU

Vuc/Bamba
Isaac/
DeRozan/Iwundu
(Ross?)/Simons
Paul/Fultz

That team is a collection of individuals who aren't the best postseason performers, but maybe a collection that large of them will allow them to overcome it. Vuc/DeRozan/Paul could be pretty dynamic. If Isaac becomes Siakam-ish, watch out. Do we bring Ross back, or look to sign a cheaper veteran, like Danny Green?

AND - we get to keep most of our youth, too. Bamba, Isaac and Fultz, whilst adding Simons to the youth core.

What say you?!?!

I say very creative.... top 3 team in the East.

But you certainly have a lot of time on your hand to come up with that 4 team trade. :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#31 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 am

Skin wrote:But you certainly have a lot of time on your hand to come up with that 4 team trade. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dude, you don't even know. I'm in the worst procrastination funk lately. Hahaha. Doesn't help that it's one of the most exciting times of the NBA season for me, too.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#32 » by spinedoc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:35 am

Def Swami wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Airgordon00 wrote:If the pelicans call and offer #4 pick for Mo Bamba? Do you pull the trigger? Obviously we would have to be assured vooch is coming back. But if that’s the case would you do it?

I'm probably in the minority, but I would take that deal. I'd rather take a shot on Garland or Coby White, and then use the 16 on one of the bigs (like Goga? Or Bol Bol? etc). Or we could dip back into the pot of wings and take a NAW/Langford/Herro/etc perimeter partner for them.

I love Bamba, but I'd prefer to invest in some prospects who have skills upfront and advanced scoring instincts, and particularly those skills in a perimeter playmaker. I'm sure there will be other bigs with freak physical profiles we can gamble on with other picks. But the front court should be of low priority to us when we're looking for a potential franchise player.

I agree. Team just needs guards in the worst way. I'd probably take a swing on Garland or White.

I'd do that too if we had Vuc nailed down.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#33 » by jayrehme » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Orlando in: Bradley Beal
Washington in: Aaron Gordon, Mohamed Bamba

Orlando gets the best player in the trade and at the position of most need
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,484

Post#34 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:27 am

Bensational wrote:Here's my "I've gone crazy, let's go all in on being as competitive as we can in the next season or two".

ORL

SAS

POR

HOU

Vuc/Bamba
Isaac/
DeRozan/Iwundu
(Ross?)/Simons
Paul/Fultz

What say you?!?!

If Portland would do that, we could deal direct for McCollum and be better off. Good creative debatable deal tho.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#35 » by Hogified05 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:44 pm

jayrehme wrote:Orlando in: Bradley Beal

This trade works with Fournier instead of AG as well. Evan becomes tradeable next summer with only one year left going into next summer. With Wall out this year they can use this year to develop Bamba into a starter. Compliments Wall better than Beal to me. Helps them get a better pick next year while still offering fans hope for future.

Upgrading Beal from Evan puts us in the top 4 in the East I believe, if we resign Vuc and Ross. I like Evan but he is just too up and down. Beal is a steady 20 PPG force. Beal is the remedy for this team. IMO would be worth sacrificing Bamba. But we will see.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#36 » by j-ragg » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Hogified05 wrote:
jayrehme wrote:Orlando in: Bradley Beal

This trade works with Fournier instead of AG as well.

No chance Washington touches it if Bamba is the biggest asset coming back to them. Understandably so, they're trading an All-NBA guard.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,662

Post#37 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6fq9e9a

People probably won’t like it, but in the event Vuc/Ross walks and we miss out on D-lo, I could see this trade benefitting both teams.

OKC needs an outside scoring threat, but not so much another ball dominant guard. Orlando needs playmaking and can take a chance on Ferguson in a longer window of time.

Also. Put an offer out for Lamb in this scenario.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#38 » by drsd » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:11 pm

I think Bamba will be a key bench player for Orlando next year moving this team towards a 50+ win record. I would not trade him, is Vučević is resigned. Obviously he cannot be traded if Vučević does not resign.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 889

Post#39 » by Bakomagic » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:05 pm

drsd wrote:I think Bamba will be a key bench player for Orlando next year moving this team towards a 50+ win record. I would not trade him, is Vučević is resigned. Obviously he cannot be traded if Vučević does not resign.

50 wins will be a good jump in win total. If Fultz upgrades our PG group, Okeke upgrades our forward group(plays better than J.Martin,Iwundu), and Bamba becomes a key bench player as you said we would be well on our way. Fournier not having another bad year and reverting to his normal performance upgrades our SG group.

50 wins will potentially put us in contention for home court in the first round, especially with the potential roster shakeup that may occur in Philly, Toronto, And Boston.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#40 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:13 pm

ORL

SAS

POR

HOU

Vuc/Bamba
Isaac/
DeRozan/Iwundu
(Ross?)/Simons
Paul/Fultz

What say you?!?!

wow crafty....

Return to Orlando Magic