ImageImageImageImage

Off-season trade ideas

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Off-season trade ideas 

Post#61 » by MoMM » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Wiggins? What's next? Hayward? Oopss.. someone already proposed it.
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Off-season trade ideas 

Post#62 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:38 pm

What about a trade with Denver?

Denver in: Aaron Gordon

Magic in: Gary Harris and Micheal Porter Jr.

Denver gets a perfect running mate for Jokic and Murray.

Magic get a really good Sg in Harris and a wild card in Porter jr. who at one point was the #1 recruit in the nation. Obviously his back injury is a concern but if he can stay healthy he could be that stud we have been waiting for.

A lineup of Fultz, Harris, Porter Jr., Isaac and Bamba could be fun to watch.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#63 » by zaymon » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:What about a trade with Denver?

Magic get a really good Sg in Harris and a wild card in Porter jr. who at one point was the #1 recruit in the nation. Obviously his back injury is a concern but if he can stay healthy he could be that stud we have been waiting for.

Thoughts?

I thin

I think ideally we would trade Aaron in a package for established star. If we resign Ross we wont have minutes for Harris and Porter doesnt seem like Weltman guy- selfless, great teammate, high basketball feel, good team defender. Trade i would be the most interested in is Bradley Beal.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#64 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:53 pm

zaymon wrote:

Thoughts?

I thin

I think ideally we would trade Aaron in a package for established star. If we resign Ross we wont have minutes for Harris and Porter doesnt seem like Weltman guy- selfless, great teammate, high basketball feel, good team defender. Trade i would be the most interested in is Bradley Beal.

I would absolutely love to get Beal but I just don’t think they will let him go just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#65 » by zaymon » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Thoughts?

I thin

I would absolutely love to get Beal but I just don’t think they will let him go just yet.

The thing is we can wait. I think Vuc and hopefully Ross resignings show that. We have bunch of young players who already are competing in the playoffs. We have 3-4 years until we can realistically compete with the young core. Now its better for us to stockpile assets and flip them when we are ready. Next draft is also deep no need to go to the lottery.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#66 » by MoMM » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:31 am

Thoughts?

Cool, so our goal is to collect former #1 recruit in the nation that never plays...
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#67 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:58 am

Some fast idea:

Dallas - Nuggets- Magic

( i'm pretty sure Denver would refuse but oh well):

So Magic send Gordon to Dallas ( fits great with Zingis and Doncic), and aquire Monte Morris and Garry Harris , in this scenario Ross isn't even needed any more

Dallas gets Gordon and sends Courtney Lee to Denver. Nuggets are great young team but need some guard defense and vet presence, Lee does just that.

Denver gets Fultz and Lee, sends to Magic Morris and Harris ( kind a helps them with salary and pending money for Murray ).

This is shaky move, Denver could take if because they did take Porter and Bol so they don't have problem with gambling.
Magic would actually get guards and Dallas would actually get fast pace running big they need.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#68 » by basketballRob » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 am

pepe1991 wrote:Some fast idea:

Dallas - Nuggets- Magic

So Magic send Gordon to Dallas ( fits great with Zingis and Doncic), and aquire Monte Morris and Garry Harris , in this scenario Ross isn't even needed any more

Dallas gets Gordon and sends Courtney Lee to Denver. Nuggets are great young team but need some guard defense and vet presence, Lee does just that.

Denver gets Fultz and Lee, sends to Magic Morris and Harris ( kind a helps them with salary and pending money for Murray ).

This is shaky move, Denver could take if because they did take Porter and Bol so they don't have problem with gambling.
Magic would actually get guards and Dallas would actually get fast pace running big they need.
Harris is a short armed two and I can't see this FO trading for him. How about Vuc to the Celtics for Smart and Brown?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#69 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:13 am

basketballRob wrote:

Dallas - Nuggets- Magic

Harris is a short armed two and I can't see this FO trading for him. How about Vuc to the Celtics for Smart and Brown?

Garry can shoot. also 6'4- 6'7 wingspan isn't that bad. It's definition of average for NBA. I already said that i don't find wingspan for guards useful, actually it could hurt shooting form and hurt them while they try to keep dribble alive, makes them kind a clumsy.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#70 » by basketballRob » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:42 pm

Dallas - Nuggets- Magic

If Boston gets a TPE I would trade AG for Brown. That would give us cap relief this year to sign Ross and add a MLE PG.

They would somehow have to work a sign and trade with Kyrie so he could get a 5th year.

Orlandos_Finest
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#71 » by Orlandos_Finest » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Thoughts?

I'm down, but its hilarious that someone with the handle Airgordon00 is suggesting we trade him.

I've always wanted Porter Jr on this team. He screams KD to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,612

Post#72 » by youngthegiant » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Thoughts on a Malik Beasley/Jonathon Isaac swap??
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#73 » by NotACat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:57 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Thoughts on a Malik Beasley/Jonathon Isaac swap??

Are you serious?
Black Lives Matter
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,612

Post#74 » by youngthegiant » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:02 pm

NotACat wrote:

Are you serious?
Have you seen Beasley? Averaged 15.9 ppg as a starter and shot 40% from 3 and 90% from the line. He has potential to be one of the best sgs in the league. Redundant for Denver to pay another sg when they have Harris, but Bealsey is the real deal.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#75 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:04 pm

youngthegiant wrote:
NotACat wrote:

Are you serious?
Have you seen Beasley? Averaged 15.9 ppg as a starter and shot 40% from 3 and 90% from the line. He has potential to be one of the best sgs in the league. Redundant for Denver to pay another sg when they have Harris, but Bealsey is the real deal.

I like Beasley a lot. I think if Denver added something else to it I'd do it, but people won't be very receptive to the idea. I'm not quite as high on Isaac (even though he'd fit Denver great) as most but he did take a big step this year compared to last.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#76 » by NotACat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:29 pm

j-ragg wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:
NotACat wrote:Are you serious?

I like Beasley a lot. I think if Denver added something else to it I'd do it, but people won't be very receptive to the idea. I'm not quite as high on Isaac (even though he'd fit Denver great) as most but he did take a big step this year compared to last.

You all are wild. This has no chance of happening. Period. No FO would do that deal.
Black Lives Matter
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#77 » by Bensational » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:22 am

Alright, here's my all in from here proposal.

1st Trade
ORL: Beal + Bonga
WAS: DeRozan + White + Bamba
SAS: AG + DJ

2nd Trade
ORL: Dragic
MIA/PHI: Fournier + Iwundu

Re-Sign
Birch
MCW
Jefferies
(Placeholder backup 4)

Vuc/Birch
Aminu/(X)/(Okeke)
Isaac/Frazier/Jefferies
Beal/Ross
Dragic/Fultz/MCW

Certainly a lot more offensive firepower amongst the starters. Bench could be great if Fultz is on the mend.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#78 » by Hogified05 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:34 am

Airgordon00 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Thoughts?

I thin

Been beating this drum for awhile. Beal makes us a contender in the East, specially if Fultz is anything close to his potential.

Evan and Bamba for Beal works financially and makes sense on court. Beal makes us a top 4 seed imo. Bamba a better fit for Wall when he gets back. Gives them a young chip to grow around. Evan has a year left on his contract next summer. Let Bamba start and grow while getting a high pick.

However, Wizards don't have a GM. Makes it difficult. I'm hoping they get off to a rough start next year and look to deal Beal in season.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#79 » by Bensational » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:11 am

Here's a 'picking up the scraps' proposal:

1st Trade
ORL: Dragic
MIA: Butler
PHI: Richardson + Fournier
DAL: Olynyk + Jones Jr

2nd Trade
ORL: Iggy
MEM: Mozgov + DJ + future FRP (top 20 protected)

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/Aminu
Isaac/Iwundu/Okeke
Ross/Igoudala/Frazier
Dragic/Fultz/MCW

2nd unit needs scoring, but dat defense doe...
Young Thunder
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#80 » by Young Thunder » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:47 am

Gordon+Fournier for McCollum+Harkless?

Augustin-Fultz-MCW
McCollum-Ross-Frazier
Isaac-Harkless-Iwundu
Aminu-¿?Okeke
Vuc-Bamba-Mozgov

And try to sign a PF (Diallo, Bender, Kaminsky, JamyChal Green, Jerebko) are all available.

This is a better balanced team IMO.

Return to Orlando Magic