ImageImageImageImage

Off-season trade ideas

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,616

Re: Off-season trade ideas 

Post#81 » by Skybox » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:57 am

First, I talk to WAS about Beal because I think he’d be perfect with or without Fultz...some combo of AG, Bamba, Moz, Evan, picks. I can’t imagine Beal is going to wait out their rebuild with Wall’s deal and WAS will have to shell out big big $$$ or lose him before the rebuild even gets underway. He is, IMO, the most likely star to pull the next “out-of-nowhere” trade me or lose me play.

If WAS holds, then I look to GSW for DLo with a similar package. They have to consider 2 or 3 solid young pieces to flesh out their top-heavy roster. They did well to grab a big asset in DLo as they’re financially strapped for years to come but he’s not a perfect Bball fit for them. I could see AG and Evan flourishing next to Curry, Klay, and Draymond.

The East is more open than ever. Strike fast (while still having a relatively young nucleus)
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#82 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:03 pm

Now that we waived/stretched Mozgov hopefully this means we are trading for Bradley Beal. I’d trade Evan Fournier, Mo Bamba and a couple Firsts for Beal in a heartbeat. I’m just scared they would demand Gordon and Bamba.

I’d love to go into next season with:

DJ, Fultz, MCW
Beal, Ross, Iwundu
Isaac, Okeke, Frazier jr.
Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson
Vooch, Birch, vet big on a minimum contract.

That could be a really good team now and possibly a great team moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#83 » by Hogified05 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:39 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:Now that we waived/stretched Mozgov hopefully this means we are trading for Bradley Beal. I’d trade Evan Fournier, Mo Bamba and a couple Firsts for Beal in a heartbeat. I’m just scared they would demand Gordon and Bamba.

DJ, Fultz, MCW
Beal, Ross, Iwundu
Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson

Lol been following me? Praying for this ha
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#84 » by Def Swami » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:59 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:Now that we waived/stretched Mozgov hopefully this means we are trading for Bradley Beal. I’d trade Evan Fournier, Mo Bamba and a couple Firsts for Beal in a heartbeat. I’m just scared they would demand Gordon and Bamba.

DJ, Fultz, MCW
Beal, Ross, Iwundu
Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson

On Woj's podcast today, he says the Clippers approached the Wizards about trading for Bradley Beal before they did OKC for Paul George, and the Wizards essentially shut the door on any deal.

If the Wizards weren't interested in the Clippers treasure trove of picks and SGA, I can't imagine Bamba and some firsts get it done.
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#85 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:44 pm

Hogified05 wrote:

DJ, Fultz, MCW
Beal, Ross, Iwundu
Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson

Lol been following me? Praying for this ha

No but we definitely are thinking alike lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#86 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:44 pm

Def Swami wrote:

DJ, Fultz, MCW
Beal, Ross, Iwundu
Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson

On Woj's podcast today, he says the Clippers approached the Wizards about trading for Bradley Beal before they did OKC for Paul George, and the Wizards essentially shut the door on any deal.

If the Wizards weren't interested in the Clippers treasure trove of picks and SGA, I can't imagine Bamba and some firsts get it done.

Yeah that’s a good point. One can dream right lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#87 » by Airgordon00 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:25 pm

How does everyone feel about Zach lavine? I really like his athleticism and shooting ability. I think someone like coach Clifford could really put him in prime positions to succeed and he fits our timeline. The bulls also got sataronsky from the wizards and drafted Colby white so maybe the bulls could be persuaded to trade him. I would trade Fournier and our first this year top 3 protected or something along those lines.

Hogified05
Rookie

Post#88 » by Hogified05 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:34 pm

Def Swami wrote:

DJ, Fultz, MCW
Beal, Ross, Iwundu
Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson

That's why I'm hoping they get off to a rough start. Think they will change their tune if it's looking bleak for them around New Years. Think he might become available during the season if they have one of the worse records in the league. #fingerscrossed
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Hogified05
Rookie

Post#89 » by Hogified05 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:15 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4aq9eo2

So no secret I want Beal bad. Evan+Bamba for Beal works probably have to throw in a 1st. But honestly feels like if Washington was going blow it up they would have to get rid of Wall first or with Beal for them to do it. So I was playing on the trade machine. What are some teams that would take Wall, knowing they probably have to wait till 2020-2021.

-Feels like the Spurs might take the chance with DeRozen, Aldridge and Wall for a 2 year window, possibly's Pop's last stand.

-Maybe the Lakers or Clips would. More so the Lakers. But it's tough with the Lakers in the trade machine basically can't trade anyone till december 15th ha.

-Maybe the Heat if they strike out on Westbrook, but they would probably want Beal included. No bueno for my purposes.

So I looked around and finessed the above 4 team trade, in the above link, that could work out for all involved. Orlando, Phoenix, Washington, Minny.

Orlando gets: Beal and Teauge
Phoenix gets: Wiggins, Covington and Augustin
MInny gets: Booker, Wall
Washington gets: Fournier, Tyler Johnson, Bamba, Culver

My logic as to why everyone does it.

Orlando: Beal puts up in contend mode. He fits like a damn glove for this team. We are a top 4 seed no worse. Upgrading Evan to a 20 ppg all star takes us to another level. And if we get anything close to #1 pick Fultz we in business. Teague is expiring and good insurance at PG spot.

Phoenix: This is the one I struggled with the most to why they would. But this is based on Booker becoming unhappy and wanting out after all the losing and dysfunction. I don't think it's a stretch he could want out this year, but he did just sign an extension so maybe not. But Wiggins and Booker are sort of the same players. Both should have been All-Stars by now. Both have All-Star caliber games its just putting it together and winning. Covington and Augustin solid but are thrown in to match salaries. So Phoenix would probably need some 1st round picks to do this.

Washington: Well they are blowing it up. Might need some picks from Orlando or Minny as well. But Bamba and Culver along with Hachimura and Troy Brown would be a solid foundation to start over. Just need a PG in the upcoming draft. But Washington does this mostly to get Wall's contract out of there and I doubt Beal would hang around for a rebuild. Johnson is an expiring. And Evan only has 2 years left and they could flip him to a contender at the deadline for young players/assets.

Minny: Hello Kentucky. They would have to swallow Wall's contract but it might be worth it if he comes back anything close to himself. Gives them a real shot to be relevant with Wall, Booker and Towns. But manly they do it to make Towns happy. Him and Booker are like BFFs and Booker is under contract for a while. They would at least be relevant and can work around trying to become a contender with these two for half a decade at least.

Whatcha think? Too crazy? or crazy like a fox. It has no shot of happening but it's fun to play GM lol
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#90 » by Airgordon00 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:40 pm

If the spurs called and offered this package would you except it?

Magic in: Lonnie Walker IV and Jacob Poeitl.

Spurs in: Mo Bamba and Melvin Frazier Jr.

I think I’d except this trade knowing how are roster is constructed now. I really think Walker is going to be a really good scorer in this league and he is someone who can get his own shot off.

Dj/Fultz/MCW
Fournier/Ross/Walker
Isaac/Walker/Ross
Gordon/Aminu
Vooch/birch/Poeitl

That could be a really solid team going forward with great potential at each position.

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#91 » by MagicMatic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Edit - never mind they just went for trey lyles
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#92 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Airgordon00 wrote:If the spurs called and offered this package would you except it?

Magic in: Lonnie Walker IV and Jacob Poeitl.

Spurs in: Mo Bamba and Melvin Frazier Jr.

I think I’d except this trade knowing how are roster is constructed now. I really think Walker is going to be a really good scorer in this league and he is someone who can get his own shot off.

Dj/Fultz/MCW
Fournier/Ross/Walker
Isaac/Walker/Ross
Gordon/Aminu
Vooch/birch/Poeitl

That could be a really solid team going forward with great potential at each position.

Yes, in a heart beat. Walker is going to be a stud, but this trade would be to start him eventually not bury him on the bench as a 3rd stringer.

I think SA declines though, Demar is on his way out soon and I see them handing the keys to Walker soon after.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#93 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:10 pm

MagicMatic wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y39jod4h

Orlando in -
Derrick White
Bryn Forbes
Bellineli
Patty Mills
2020 first round pick

Orlando out-
Aaron Gordon
DJ Augustine
Melvin Frazier

Why?

D. White and Bryn Forbes are playmakers that can really help Orlando in the back court of the future. They are both currently playing behind D. Murray and Derozen in their rotation. Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson will be getting those minutes eventually.

Patty Mills and Belinelli provide veteran leadership, playoff experience, and needed depth for the playoffs. Mills is 12m expiring.

San Antonio is going to miss out on Marcus Morris after backing out of his verbal commitment to them. This is a solid move for them in a competitive west for Pop’s remaining years. Getting their first round pick is a good gamble on both sides due to the volatility in the west.

Orlando’s lineup becomes -

White/ Mills / Fultz
Fournier / Forbes / Belinelli
Ross/ Okeke / Iwundu
Isaac / Aminu
Vuc / Bamba / Birch

This becomes a very versatile team capable of playing both ways with multiple playmakers. If Fultz pans out even better.

Ummm this aint it chief.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#94 » by MagicMatic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y39jod4h

Orlando in -
Derrick White
Bryn Forbes
Bellineli
Patty Mills
2020 first round pick

Orlando out-
Aaron Gordon
DJ Augustine
Melvin Frazier

Why?

D. White and Bryn Forbes are playmakers that can really help Orlando in the back court of the future. They are both currently playing behind D. Murray and Derozen in their rotation. Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson will be getting those minutes eventually.

Patty Mills and Belinelli provide veteran leadership, playoff experience, and needed depth for the playoffs. Mills is 12m expiring.

San Antonio is going to miss out on Marcus Morris after backing out of his verbal commitment to them. This is a solid move for them in a competitive west for Pop’s remaining years. Getting their first round pick is a good gamble on both sides due to the volatility in the west.

Orlando’s lineup becomes -

White/ Mills / Fultz
Fournier / Forbes / Belinelli
Ross/ Okeke / Iwundu
Isaac / Aminu
Vuc / Bamba / Birch

This becomes a very versatile team capable of playing both ways with multiple playmakers. If Fultz pans out even better.

Ummm this aint it chief.

Thanks for the contribution
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#95 » by robdog_5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Celtics fan here. What is Orlando's needs? PG still or they also looking for a young SG. I was curious if a Jaylen Brown for Jonathan Issac would be a good deal for both teams?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,552

Post#96 » by SOUL » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 pm

robdog_5 wrote:Celtics fan here. What is Orlando's needs? PG still or they also looking for a young SG. I was curious if a Jaylen Brown for Jonathan Issac would be a good deal for both teams?

Value wise it isn't bad, but I think both teams would be interested to see how each young player progresses.. realistically I don't think either would "give up" (in a trading sense) on each respective player this early.
robdog_5
Veteran

Post#97 » by robdog_5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Not necessarily giving up just more fit and need. Boston has 2 wings in Haywass and Tatum. Smart is a combo G. Issac plays a similar position to Gordon, and Aminu. Just thinking how each guy may fit better in the others roster
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#98 » by jjohns828 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:09 am

robdog_5 wrote:Not necessarily giving up just more fit and need. Boston has 2 wings in Haywass and Tatum. Smart is a combo G. Issac plays a similar position to Gordon, and Aminu. Just thinking how each guy may fit better in the others roster

Personally, I think we'd be more likely to move Gordon than Isaac if we decided that one of them needed to be moved.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#99 » by basketballRob » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:20 am

robdog_5 wrote:Not necessarily giving up just more fit and need. Boston has 2 wings in Haywass and Tatum. Smart is a combo G. Issac plays a similar position to Gordon, and Aminu. Just thinking how each guy may fit better in the others roster
Isaac has been the face of the franchise during this offseason. I think he's the closest player we have to untouchable right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
robdog_5
Veteran

Post#100 » by robdog_5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:03 am

Wow ok. Wouldn't have expected that based on results

Return to Orlando Magic