ImageImageImageImage

Can Orlando win a title next season?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

What are the chances of a Championship?

Minus-percent: this is a stupid question to poll.
52%
Less than one-percent: there is always "a chance".
31%
One percent: there is growth and a low playoff seed cannot be totally written off from winning it all.
11%
Two-to-five percent: Orlando's natural growth will make a Championship plausible.
3%
Five percent or above: I am a Homer that believes in the future in a faith-based manner.
3%

Total votes: 64

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Re: Can Orlando win a title next season? 

Post#41 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:13 pm

basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
dsg2021 wrote:Because that's exactly what I also think when I watch this video against the 2019 NBA Champions..
:D

hmm, kind of seems exactly what i described. 10ppg defensive role player. or 11 ppg in this instance

With Vuc out of the picture they can start to feature him a little more next season. :)

yes, if Vuc is out, he should get some more plays run for him to see what he can handle
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#42 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Bakomagic wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:
I don’t think you value defense enough, most fans don’t.
He is right there with AG as our best defender imo. He is our most versatile defender- can guard isolation on the perimeter is a steal threat in the passing lanes, can rim protect and rebound.

Offensively I have no doubt he will at least become average.Right now he is slightly below average offensively and well above average Defensively.

I believe in his prime he will be Elite defensively and well above average Offensively. Which is a hell of a player !

i value defense, but you have to score. Toronto had the #9 defense in pts allowed, GS #15. but they both could score. and Isaac has not shown anything yet to objectively say he will be above average offensively. We can hope he will, and I do. but his lack of skills right now do not show it

He hasn’t shown anything ?

I disagree, he had a good run of 3p shooting during the season, he has done a better job at attacking the basket this year and he’s been mostly healthy in his second year. He needs to improve to become more consistent but if he was already doing that he would be already considered above average.

I guess we will see if he gets there but to say he hasn’t showed anything, seems a little on the pessimistic side.

you took 3 words out of a whole sentence. I said he hasn't shown anything to show he will be above average offensively.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#43 » by Bakomagic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:02 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i value defense, but you have to score. Toronto had the #9 defense in pts allowed, GS #15. but they both could score. and Isaac has not shown anything yet to objectively say he will be above average offensively. We can hope he will, and I do. but his lack of skills right now do not show it

He hasn’t shown anything ?

I disagree, he had a good run of 3p shooting during the season, he has done a better job at attacking the basket this year and he’s been mostly healthy in his second year. He needs to improve to become more consistent but if he was already doing that he would be already considered above average.

I guess we will see if he gets there but to say he hasn’t showed anything, seems a little on the pessimistic side.

you took 3 words out of a whole sentence. I said he hasn't shown anything to show he will be above average offensively.

I took the only 3 words in your post that were relevant to our discussion. The rest of your post was about championship levels teams scoring, which has little to do with whether a player will be more than 10 point per game role player.

Either way, it just seems that we see JI differently right now. I think his defensive ability right now, make him an average starter even with his limited offensive role he is in for now.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#44 » by paperboymafia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:10 pm

tomayto, tomahto
DjPuffnStuff
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#45 » by DjPuffnStuff » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:12 pm

80:1

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#46 » by Ducklett » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:07 pm

The Pels will win a championship before we do with this roster.
fa2011
Senior
And1: 1,009

Post#47 » by fa2011 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:06 am

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#48 » by MagicMatic » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:18 am

Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#49 » by Popsicle1228 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:39 pm

I voted less than 1%. Ironically, if this pole was this time last year, and it was asking if we were going to make the playoffs, I probably would have voted less than 1%. Would love to be wrong again, and the Magic win a championship this coming season. But...I'm not.

Return to Orlando Magic